Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Private 
set for honestly whenever!

She'd put it off long enough.  It was time to tell her brother she had decided... even if Wraen had already shared the news, he still needed to hear it from her.  

So she looked for @Terance, scouring the new territory for any sign and trying to ignore the feeling like she was about to be sick.  Because she definitely couldnt be sick.  He was so sad, though, and now she was gonna make him even more sad, and then she was gonna be sad, and omg maybe she should just leave without saying anything.

That would be worse, she thought with a heavy inward sigh.  She knew that, and she couldn't, no matter how much she wanted to.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
no, wraen hadn't shared the news.

but terance knew that maia would go. it was inevitable, just as all wolves leaving was. seabreeze went, ibis and okeanos went, wraen went, and so maia would go too. it was okay, terance had accepted it. he would never truly know if it was his fault or not-- rannoch had told him it wasn't, but rannoch always said that. maybe he he didn't do anything wrong, but maybe he could've been better, done something different. he'd never know. 

he spotted her, walking through the woods with a green face on her. she was tracking him down-- probably, anyway. he knew wraen left soon, and maia looked like she had a purpose. he called out to her, approaching her with a low waving tail. 

"are you excited?" he asked her as he approached, nudging her cheek gently, "have you talked to hyacinth to get herbs for the journey?"
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
"Oh, um."  Maia stopped, looking at the ground.  "You know then."  Of course he knew, he always knew everything that was going on.  For a minute she didn't know what to say, and she just stayed quiet, feeling an overwhelming guilt that she would be going and he would be here.  He couldn't care that much, right?  She was just his dumb kid sister, it'd probably be better without her hangin around.

"You could probably come too?" Was what she finally blurted, feeling her face warm up as she did.  "You and me and Wraen.  Maybe we could even make a trip back, visit mom and dad, see our new brothers and sisters?  It'd be awesome."  Her voice got faster and less sure as she went, and she knew she was gonna cry before this was done.  She hated crying.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance smiled sadly as his little sister as she asked him to come with. of course, she knew he couldn't do that. "c'mere," he said gently, ushering from maia to come closer to him, and taking her into a warm embrace, kissing the top of her head. "you know i can't leave," he reminded her softly, then pulled back to look at her, forest gaze cloudy, "but i'm going to miss you-- so much." 

he gave a gentle sigh, lips pursing. "are you sure you want to go? it'll be fun but-- you're leaving right before winter, it won't be an easy journey." he smiled, only slightly, and added, "you can stay until the weather warms up, and then you can go." 

he said this seriously-- but terance knew his words were useless. maia would leave.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Why not? She asked, and came out more like a whine than a question, so much so even she sighed after a minute.  I know why.  But... it's dumb.  It wasn't dumb.  He had good reason to stay.  But it was dumb that she had to decide, because she knew Wraen needed to go and Terance needed to stay.

I'm gonna visit.  A lot.  With or without Wraen, she said finally, a little more aggressively than she meant to because she totally was not gonna cry nope not in front of her big bro.  He was the sad one.  I don't think she's gonna wait though.  Did she love the idea of goin off in winter? Honestly? She didn't mind it.  Her brother actually kinda made it sound more appealing by making it out to be a challenge - she was going to own this trip.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance chuffed in slight, sad amusement. he'd missed maia. he wished now he spent more time with her. he'd had a lot on his plate, to be fair, but all the same. 

"it is dumb," he murmured in reply, "but i have to keep my word to rannoch." he'd given up a lot to be with rannoch. sometimes it seemed unfair, and he was sure onlookers didn't understand, but terance believed he owed rannoch his life. he was his best friend-- forever. terance felt that weighed more than anything else. he would remain loyal to his friend.

"when you figure out where you're staying you better come tell me," terance warned, more playfully than anything, "i'll come visit you too then."
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Well duh. She said, shoving up for another hug.  As if she'd go anywhere and not let him know! And you guys better do awesome in this amazing spot I found for you, she added, her tail waving a little too enthusiastically.  Keep it chipper, man.

Nope.  She was gonna lose it. I gotta go say bye to... Coelho.  But I'll find you before anything, she said, hastily, though she was lying through her teeth on that first part.  As soon as she turned and skeddaddled out of sight, she sprinted to the borders and found some small, quiet place to bawl her heart out.  She wasn't sad to be leaving, but boy was she sad to be leaving him behind.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance smiled the best he could, his ears pressed forwards. he was actually kind of proud, in some ways, but still sad (duh) to be seeing maia go. "yes ma'am," chuffed terance warmly, reaching to nudge her cheek softly. 

"okay, please do," he said, smile still pressed to his features, "i think i saw her down the south border a little while ago, she might still be there." and then, when maia thanked him and left, terance himself made his way to the north border. he needed time alone.