Stone Circle Time to rise
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Private 

Valette had returned from her travels to Morningside for more than a week now. And she realized that as she had been away that there hadn't been anything wrong with the pack. Steph had done a good job, especially in comforting her own mother when Valette had been sad about Stark's disappearance. It was exactly what she had asked her daughter to improve on, being there for pack members. She had shown that she could be more of a leader.

Valette howled for Steph, she was sitting in the middle of Stone Circle. On the meeting rock, it was a fallen stone, or placed on purpose. Valette assumed it was fallen since it wasn't upright like the others but flat on the ground. It was an elevation point when talking to a crowd. Valette felt that her daughter was ready for the next step to have the rank and grow into it like she had done at the time with Steady believed in her.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
To be honest, Steph had fallen back into her pit of depression. She hadn't been socializing with the others, and spent her days either patrolling or hunting small game that she didn't need anyone's help with. She felt like a failure. She had barely started to try at her counselor trade, and had given up at the first sign of aversion. She hadn't even had the courage to tell her mother. 

So, when the howl rang out, she wasn't exactly excited to heed its call. But, she would never disrespect Valette by ignoring it. So, she made her way to Stone Circle, not surprised that's where her mother was. Steph herself often came here to think, not that she thought she got any wise from it. 

Her tail wagged a bit in greeting, and she nosed her mother's maw as she sat down next to her. Hey, Mom. What's up? she asked, curious. She hoped Valette was feeling a little better since Stark left, but she also realized that may take time.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was happy that her daughter was so quick to come to her call. The mother greeted her daughter with a nuzzle. She felt a bit better with her daughter being here. 'Well, I've been thinking...," she started with a quirky smile. Valette was unaware of her daughter's depression. She just thought Steph took more time to herself as a personality trait.

"I think you are ready for the next step. I told you to work on your comfort skills and work with others. Well, seeing how you comforted me when Stark left made it clear for me. You have grown. Also when I left for Morningside for a few days the pack was managed. I hope you would accept becoming Easthollow's beta and my right hand," she smiled at her daughter.

"And before you say something, don't worry about being perfect. I had to grow into leadership. Get used to it as it was very foreign to me. So I'd like you to do the same. If you don't have an answer or have questions then you can come to me as I would be your mentor," she explained. Hopefully, that would make the step not too big for Steph.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Valette had Steph's attention immediately when she started to speak, and her eyes narrowed playfully at her mother's grin. She was up to something, for sure. Her expression changed to seriousness when Valette said that Steph was ready for the next step. She racked her brain, trying to think of what that was. 

Steph didn't have a lot of confidence when it came to leading, but it made her feel a little better that her mother hadn't at the time she was made Beta, either. She didn't feel she had really done her best to follow her trades, but it looked like she'd have to pick up her game. 

Because there was no way she would tell Valette no. She just couldn't disappoint her like that. So, she nodded. I would be proud to follow in your pawsteps, she said honestly. While she felt she'd grown in some areas, she also felt she had a lot more work to do to herself before she could call herself an equal to Valette.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at the other when she accepted the new title. Valette felt excited. She grinned at her daughter. Who would have thought she would rule with her daughter one day. 'I'm glad. I am sure you would make a great leader. I will call a meeting as soon as possible and let the pack know," she spoke with a dip of her head. She nudged her daughter with a smile. Then she grew a bit more serious. "I do like you to give a good example and pick up a trade. I know you liked hunting and patrolling. Perhaps you can show me one day and you can obtain that trade," she offered.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Oh, yay, a meeting to announce her promotion. Most wolves would be excited about this, but Steph was nervous. No. She was scared. Scared that she would not be accepted by her peers and she would come crashing down and end up in the Omega spot instead of Beta. 

She nodded when her mother encouraged her to get a trade. It wasn't like she wasn't hunting, or patrolling. She just didn't recognize it officially. But, if that's what Valette wanted, then that's what she would do. I will do my best, she promised. I'll let you know when I'm ready. She wanted to make sure she didn't fumble while showing her mother her skills. That would be awful.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at her daughter. 'I am confident you will," she spoke. "I will prepare for a meeting. I will talk to you later," Valette spoke and then went her own way. She wanted to tell about the stones. What Valette didn't know was that one of their own would die soon and that also needed to address. It wasn't only fun news she needed to bring. Valette nudged her daughter before going her own way.

- end -