Duskfire Glacier When I'm sinking like a stone, at least I know I'm not alone
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
All Welcome 

The days stretched longer and longer for the man, even as the days grew shorter with the change in season. The weather struck the glacier territory sharply, the cold already gripping the land. Snow fell in large clumps most days, although this day there was none to be found. Today stood as a gloomy day, the sky held angry clouds threatening a furious storm.

The man had been setting an unstoppable pace in the last month, the obsessive need to protect his family had provoked unhealthy habits in the man. His pelt had grown dull, his frame thinned from lack of nutrition, and his eye appeared sunken due to his exhaustion. Sleep was fleeting, and hunger non-existent. Spending his time tracing the borders of his home, and tracking the paths of nearby predators, Siarut had left himself in dire straits.

It had been three days since the man had appeared outside his den. No longer having the strength to venture far. His daily expeditions had grown smaller and smaller in the last week. A chill set deep within his bones, and a rumble formed in his chest. He could feel the congestion in his nose as he took a breath, and he often felt to hot even as his body shivered from the cold. His physical form, exposed his mentality.

Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She was sick of this shit. She hadn't seen her brother for days, and it spiked resentment in her chest as she found herself again picking up his slack. Even after all the shit still between them, she kept up with her responsibilities, and it was really starting to get under her skin. They had yet to even try and make up after their fight, and now she was left with all of this crap while he did whatever he wanted.

She stalked through the glacier until she found his faint scent, following it to his den. As she got closer, her anger was doused by fear as his scent really hit her--it smelled wrong, and she grew worried, her pace quickening until she was bounding through the opening of his den without even announcing her presence. 

She saw his sunken form on the ground, and ran to his side, nudging him with her nose and releasing a low whine. All her frustration and resentment was gone--replaced by fear and dread. Brother, what's wrong? she asked, fear coating her voice.
Inuttuk
Common

98 Posts
Ooc —
Currituk is playing a nonsensical game with herself when @Shivali crosses her path. The woman barely acknowledges her presence. She watches after her for a moment, disrupted from play, before she decides to idly trail along behind her. The distance is enough that she isn’t noticed, watching from a distance and making similar turns before she comes up and around to the right, another pale figure in sight.

The girl turns, watching the mother start to run, surging up beside Takiyok over their brother’s form.

Inuttut · Common
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
she knew as soon as the sickly-sweet odor of disease reached her nose that it must be Siarut. her brother had been scarce, lately, shirking his responsibilities. it didn't seem like him. she followed the general surge toward the leader, gently stepping in beside her daughter and sisters to nose at Siarut's cheek; it was hot, and his breath wheezed.

oh, brother, why did you not call for me sooner? she said reproachfully, the worry clear in her tone. i could have helped you. her eyes flashed to Takiyok, bright with urgency. i must gather herbs, she explained. can you bring him water, or at least snow to eat? he needs fluids; he will dehydrate quicker than usual, in this state.

without another word, she hurried away to her nearest cache, wondering if Currituck would follow along or choose to stay with her aunt and uncle.
Common · Inuttut
146 Posts
Ooc —
She is the last to arrive, for which she berates herself constantly as the sickly sweet scent of illness reaches her nose. Nanuk had been reclusive but Uki had merely chalked it up to the grieving process. She had given him space, thinking it was what he needed right now. That was obviously a mistake and she felt guilt settle into her bones with familiarity. 

"Not snow," she murmurs hesitantly, not wanting to contradict but knowing the chill of it on his stomach will likely make him sick. Eating too much snow could induce hypothermia and kill the leader. Uki was unaware of the science of it but she had seen it happen before, the ill freezing from the inside out it seemed. 

"Moss dipped in water," she supplied softly, moonlight eyes flicking between the sisters as if asking if she should be here. 
"And you're tired of not being strong."
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Confusion warped his mind, bending reality in a way he had never seen before. Cracking an eye he caught sight of Takiyok, Uki, Shivali, and a retreating Tahani. He could feel his heart thud against his chest, his previously ragged breath increased. Had something happened? What was going on? Lifting his heavy head Siarut opened his mouth to speak, but only a rough cough came through.

Trying to calm his wheezing breath, he was able to call out, "Tak?" His voice heavy with uncertainty, "What.....why?" His parched maw finally failed him, as he view Takiyok with his green gaze, pleading her for answers. Why was it so hot? Wasn't it almost winter... Why was everyone so close? Why? Why? WHY?!
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
We've been given permission to PP Tahani for the remainder of this thread.

She nodded her head at her sister's orders, bristling slightly when Uki interjected and suggested a slight deviation from Tahani's request. It was a stress-fueled reaction, she knew; things with Uki were different now. Taki no longer doubted the woman's loyalty, and so she quickly got herself back under control, looking to Tahani for reassurance that Uki's suggestion was better. Her sister nodded her agreement, and that was all the malguk needed to move from the den in search of moss. 

It had taken longer than she liked to find a tree or rock in the frozen forest that still harbored moss, but she had eventually found the green substance and taken it to the frozen lake. She had to break through a thin part of the ice to get to the water beneath and once the plant had absorbed as much water as it would take, she sprinted back towards her family. 

She entered her brother's den just as he uttered her name. The confusion in his voice squeezed her heart, and she quickly moved to his side, setting the moss down to speak for a second. Brother, I'm here. You're very sick. Let us help you, she explained. Here, drink this. Taki picked up the moss and used her teeth to slowly squeeze the water from it so it could fall onto Sia's muzzle in drops, urging him to part his lips and take the liquid into his mouth.
Inuttuk
Common

98 Posts
Ooc —
Tensions rise in the group and she tries to listen, large ears cupped forward and she leans out of the brush a little. She doesn’t know what’s going on. Siarut being on the ground seems odd and though, to the adults, he may seem sunken face and sickly, she still sees the magnificent beast in a compromising position. Her eyes narrow and watches as Tahani trots off to find things she’s looking for. Looking back to the group, the remaining sisters worry of their brother and she pulls back, rushing after Tahani to see what’s going on.
Inuttut · Common
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The world shifted around him. Distorting the past and present, they came an went. His sister's appeared and disappeared, swaying in and out of his vision. Takiyok brought him something wet. Suddenly the dryness was evident and lapped the water eagerly. Confused by the words of his sister, Siarut simply trusted that she would cover him. That she would take care of everything that needed to be cared for. 

A cough racked his frame, rattling the wetness in his chest. Now that she mentioned it, he could feel the sickness sitting in his bones. It was strange, to feel that he was ill and yet not fully understand. Nodding his head slowly, Sia tilted his head. "Is everyone alright?" 
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Shivali doesn’t notice the trail she’s left behind, nor does she notice when she leaves with Tahani. Her attention immediately becomes her brother, standing to one side of him to get a better look. She hardly notices the exchanges going on around her, concerned with her brother’s help, but soon Takiyok has returned with moss soaked in water. Uki has disappeared, perhaps to get something for Siarut, so easily the woman sits down nearby and helps a best she can.

“Everyone is fine, don’t worry about them right now,” she tells him, gently nudging his cheek.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki set the moss down when she had emptied all the water from it. As she looked back to her brother, he asked about the other wolves. She wondered why that mattered right now? Shivali seemed to share her feelings as she urged him to not be concerned with that. She gave Shivali a worried look, an anxious whine escaping her throat as fear settled in her chest. Her mind kept assaulting her with thoughts of Sia dying, and it scared her. She quickly composed herself, though, not wanting to worry Sia anymore than he was. Don't worry brother, I'll take care of things, and I know Shivali and Tahani will help me too. Just get better she wanted to say, but she knew she wouldn't be able to say it with a steady voice, so she just silently begged for it instead. She looked impatiently to the opening of the den, wondering where Tahani was and hoping she came back soon.
Inuttuk
Common