Stone Circle Shining Bright Light
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
Korei pranced along, and had given a call out for @Valette. She felt that she would need to meet her if Korei was to earn a place properly, at least meet her once. She sat down in a clearing, her tail gently waving behind her as she waited for the alpha. The alpha had seemed nice upon first meeting her at the borders, and in the pack gathering.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette lifted her head when she heard someone within the pack howl for her. The female located the howl and started to move into the direction of the howler. It sounded female hence why Valette figured it was one of their newest members, Korei Julia. Valette was curious about the female, so to her it felt a good time as any to get to know her better. If that was the case. She wasn't sure if the female wanted to get to know her or wanted to tell her something.

Valette quirked up her lips in greeting when she reached the female. She stopped before her. "You called," she spoke. She hoped that there was nothing serious with the female, then again, her howl wasn't sounding like there was something severe going on.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei wagged her tail as soon as she made the call. But then, the alpha came and suddenly she felt nervous. Once the alpha spoke, she fumbled over her own words. "Um, y-yes...I wanted to just...just talk. Maybe, um learn more the pack and...stuff." She swirled a paw in the dirt, looking down at it with a nervous look on her face.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed that the female was nervous. She looked a bit confused herself as she didn't feel like she was someone to be nervous around. She wasn't mean or domineering. Then again, others might think that since she was the alpha she would be like that? Valette offered her a kind smile to make her feel more comforted. "Oh! Well then you called the right person. I can tell a lot about the pack," she spoke with a smile to the pale female.

"But first you must know that you should not feel nervous around me," she offered. "I am not that scary," she chuckled and then sat down. "What would you like to know about the pack? How we work? Or maybe some history?," she asked. She was not sure what the female was interested in. She could tell both, and many more things. She had been leader for two years after all.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia wagged a bit behind her. The smile helped to calm her nerves. She held a shy look, glancing away for a moment once she was told that she did not need to be afraid. "S-Sorry...I'll get used to the pack, eventually" the pale wolfess said. And tried to put on a more comfortable face.

"Yes I would...I would like to know those, please" she asked, wagging a bit more. How peaceful was this pack? "Can you...can you um, start with how you work?"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wondered why the other female was so shy and timid. Perhaps there was not even a reasoning for it other than personality. She just hoped that the female wouldn't have too much stress adjusting to Easthollow. Valette dipped her head. "Don't be too worried. We have all nice wolves," she assured. None were too grumpy, some are just more distant and kept to their own, but they weren't unfriendly.

Valette raised her brows when she wanted to know everything. Valette was not sure if she could tell everything in one go, maybe she wanted a more global overview. Instead of starting on that, the female asked her how she worked. "How I work? Well, I run the pack like a family. We don't have strict ranks. If you are more lowly ranked it is probably since you don't know others that well, etc. I want Easthollow to be more like a family than one who focusses on ranks and trades," she explained.

"I like to encourage wolves to do what they like doing. I like to hunt, hence why I often lead the pack hunts. If I wasn't alpha I would be master Deerstalker and try to keep an eye on the food we take," she explained. There was also her being a ranger, but that was something she couldn't really utilize as an alpha. "I, for example, am not a bit fan of patrolling, hence why I let the bigger males and interested females of the pack do that more often than I would," she explained. "We help each other like a family."

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei managed another timid smile at that reassurance to her. She would at least trust the alpha on that, trust that they were all kind wolves that all looked out for each other. Her tail even wagged a bit, again. "I'll try to fit in...I won't worry." At least, she wouldn't worry too much.

A family...that reminded her a lot of her home. Her own family, and her face grew sad but only for a moment. "Family...well, that's nice that. I think I'll fit in just right if it's like that" she said, with a more confident smile now. 

"Do you...do you have any questions for me?" she asked to the alpha. Korei had hunted a few times. But mostly, she enjoyed the stars and the herbs.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was glad to hear that the female was willing to try and fit in. However, to Valette it wasn't a matter of trying to fit in. She just wanted the female to be herself and be accepted that way. Then again, she was certain that even a more timid female like Korei Julia would be accepted. She wondered why she was so timid though. "Good. I'm glad you like the family structure," Valette hummed and dipped her head.

"Yes. Where do you come from?," she asked. "You have lived in a family like pack before?" As the female said that she would fit in if they were a family-like pack. So there must be some history there. "And how did you meet Alarian? Or was he part of your family?," she wondered. It could be, she wasn't sure what their connection was. She didn't see much resemblance but it could be that they go way back.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei frowned upon the question. Where did you come from? She wanted to skip ahead from that, and yet she knew very much it would come out eventually. "A mountain pack...my parents are the alphas" she answered quietly. "I met Alarian after...after I ran away," Her muzzle pointed down. "And he and another saved me."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was curious about the female. Korei spoke of coming from a mountain pack. She said it rather quietly, so Valette wondered if they ended it on good terms or not. Ah-- there was the answer. She ran away from her family. It seemed they didn't end on good terms then. Valette felt sorry for her. She didn't wish that on anyone. She felt that family was the most important thing to have in life. "I'm sorry that you ran away from your family," she admitted and then offered a comforting smile. "Hopefully, you will find a home in Easthollow."

The female was saved but it sounded severe so Valette wasn't going to ask for it. She knew that sometimes memories of the past were tough to remember. "Well, now you've joined Easthollow you can maybe build on a better future," Valette spoke.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia looked to the ground, smiling to herself. Make herself as home...that was what she wanted. To have a family again. "Yes, I hope so...thank you, Valette..."

Korei paused. Valette would find out eventually, she was sure of that. "It...it was Moonspear" she visibly shivered speaking the name. "I want to feel more at home here" she managed a smile now, glancing up to meet the alpha's gaze. She was so grateful now.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head, glad that Korei seemed to feel better already. She then revealed the name of her home pack. "Moonspear," she repeated and thought about it. "I think I heard of it, but I don't know wolves there," she spoke. "I think I heard about them when there was a war...," she spoke thoughtfully. She wasn't really sure what happened with all of that. She never heard any news after that. Maybe it had never come to a war.

"I'm sure you will," she assured. "Most wolves just want that. Just interact with them, and you will become part of the family," Valette spoke. She was certain that some wolves already considered her a friend.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Valette said she had heard of it, and she let out a held breath hearing that she knew no one from it. Korei was a bit worried though, a war? There had been a war? She didn't hear of it, so had no idea of what to think of that. "A war...when?" she asked, curiously. 

"I will, I'll talk with whoever I come across...I'm very talkative when it comes to talking" she said with a bit of a shy look on her face.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette thought about it. It wasn't really sure when it was. Quite some moons ago. "It was quite some moons ago," she spoke. She then realized that Korei might not have known about it. "But I never heard of a battle so it might have been in the talks but it just sizzled out. If there would have been a time packs were battling I would know about it," she spoke with a firm nod. They had a lot of packs as a friend so a lot of intel.

"Good! I don't worry about you non fitting in," She assured with a smile. "Anything else you like to know?," she asked the light colored female.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei thought on it. Had it been just after she had left Moonspear? While at Bracken? Is that why she had not heard of it? "No battles..." she felt somewhat relieved at that. But it stayed on her mind for a bit and she went quiet now, looking at the ground. Eventually she came out of her thoughts as Valette asked her what more she wished to know.

"Hmm? Oh, no. No, you've helped me plenty with all you've told...thank you" Korei was grateful for being told so much.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head. She hoped that she hadn't given Korei false information. But then again, she would have known if there was a battle right? Valette was certain of that. She wasn't going to fuss over it, she had heard about the battle months ago so she figured that it hadn't happened and the conflict just fizzled out.

Valette dipped her head. "Alright good, if you want to know more then let me know," she spoke. Valette always liked to talk about the pack. So it was no effort for her to do so.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia smiled brightly, she had learned all she needed for now. And it would help her a lot to know these things for the future, for sure. "Thank you, Valette. For teaching me all these things...and helping me feel welcome." Her tail wagged a bit, only pausing as she stood to move off.