Lost Creek Hollow Corpse bride
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
for the first time, indra caught a flash of something accusatory in nunataq's gaze: she felt frustrated, defeated by nunataq's comprehensive limitations. she knew the girl was not stupid -- she knew the girl possessed the full faculties to understand right and wrong -- but how could one install a moral compass without speech?

for a moment indra looked as if she would rescind, but the full volley of nunataq's divisive growl washed over indra's ears, and strummed a defensive tune in indra's guarded heart. she released the corpse and futilely, grappled for ways to explain. "this -- this isn't food!" she cried, her voice distinctly distressed as she motioned to the carcass with a slim paw; a worried, tense gesture. "it's me -- you -- a packmate." she pointed to herself and then gesticulated again to the crumpled, rotted heap -- "please, nuna -- tell me you did not eat her?" she brought a paw to her mouth as if to chew, seeking nunataq's gaze in quiet intensity -- and then shook her head slowly a firm "we must not do that shake. the pantomime feeling crude and useless, but she hoped the girl would understand.

elsewise, she would have to resort to a physical show of violence -- and indra's heart quailed at the prospect of causing harm to her family... but she would not -- and could not -- raise a cannibalistic monster.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
Corpse bride - by Nunataq - November 18, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: Corpse bride - by Indra - November 18, 2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Corpse bride - by Nunataq - November 18, 2018, 04:25 PM
RE: Corpse bride - by Indra - November 18, 2018, 04:47 PM
RE: Corpse bride - by Nunataq - November 18, 2018, 05:01 PM
RE: Corpse bride - by Indra - November 18, 2018, 09:50 PM
RE: Corpse bride - by Nunataq - November 20, 2018, 06:03 AM
RE: Corpse bride - by Indra - November 23, 2018, 01:16 PM
RE: Corpse bride - by Nunataq - November 23, 2018, 03:34 PM
RE: Corpse bride - by Indra - November 25, 2018, 09:17 PM