Bramblepoint But I keep cruising
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He lurked in the stranger's periphery, or nearly so, and kept himself at quite the distance despite wanting to be the guardian and protector; Revui was not capable of forming friendships with those outside of his bloodline. Then again, Moonspear's members kept themselves secluded upon the mountain for the most part. If he got out more, maybe the sentiment would change. When the wolf he was following finally took notice of him, they reacted with a raise of their head and a deviation to their path. They were no longer tracking whatever it was that had caught their eye — instead, they swept backwards, and for a split second Revui thought that something was amiss. Perhaps something in the forest's shadows had spooked the girl? His body tensed with a natural up-tick to his adrenaline levels which paired with his anticipation — but as the wandering girl took notice of him and drew close, she did not have a frightened posture.

He took a few sniffs of the air just in case she carried the scent of something back with her, but there didn't appear to be anything amiss. Why had she withdrawn? It was a stupid question, because the answer was obvious to anyone other than Revui. The boy looked around for a few more moments even though the stranger was speaking. Speedy was doing her best to be friendly to the leviathan but it just wasn't in Revui's nature to speak - he understood speech fine, but it would be like talking to a brick wall.

I don't think we've met yet, Speedy was saying.

Revui's response was to look around as if she wasn't even there, because he was still entirely focused on the surrounding forest and its possible dangers. Once he realized it was safe and she wasn't running for his help, he grew bored. She wasn't here to hunt — she couldn't be, there were no signs of any animals worth hunting. Everything was gone for the season. He craned his neck and looked at the ferns from afar, clearly more interested in the plants than in Speedy — not that he was going out of his way to be rude — and then he lurched around her, curious and ready to do his own investigation.

As he followed the path she had already traced through the ferns, his broad head dipped and he began to mimic what she had been doing moments before - sniffing, searching, but he didn't know what she had been looking for.
Messages In This Thread
But I keep cruising - by Speedy - November 26, 2018, 04:06 PM
RE: But I keep cruising - by Revui (Ghost) - November 27, 2018, 02:18 PM
RE: But I keep cruising - by Speedy - November 28, 2018, 06:23 PM
RE: But I keep cruising - by Revui (Ghost) - November 28, 2018, 11:03 PM
RE: But I keep cruising - by Speedy - December 05, 2018, 12:53 AM
RE: But I keep cruising - by Revui (Ghost) - December 05, 2018, 04:16 AM
RE: But I keep cruising - by Speedy - December 07, 2018, 12:36 AM
RE: But I keep cruising - by Revui (Ghost) - December 10, 2018, 02:30 PM
RE: But I keep cruising - by Speedy - December 10, 2018, 03:26 PM
RE: But I keep cruising - by Revui (Ghost) - December 10, 2018, 06:18 PM
RE: But I keep cruising - by Speedy - December 18, 2018, 08:03 PM