Arrow Lake darling you're wild eyed, empty & tongue tied
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
smdh @ my twins Stiggy sweetie im so sorry

SHE DIDN'T MISS THE CURLING lip or the stony hackles that quivered like disdainful brambles. Although she kept her face steady, an inner, narrow-eyed part of her was taken aback by this; perhaps it wasn’t Teekon custom to stare a lord in the eyes. What was she to do, then? Stare at the ground? Be compliant and meek, as she always tended to do? No. Her own hackles and tail were down, she did not come in a state of haughtiness, but in a very long-worn urgency. That should be enough.

But she cast her gaze unseeing over Stigmata’s face and instead studied at the crease of his forehead. Subtle, but not as... forward as supposed she came off as. So, she cast away any mullings in favor of what he had to say. Aure blinked at the bitter notion of honor, but her ears feathered at everything else after that.

So, he’d been here a little over a month ago, if that was what she could ascertain from the general’s. ”A life debt?” Her lips thinned, pursed together, and her eyes left his face entirely as she ruminated for a moment. ”When a debt is owed, it becomes a priority that he fixates himself with. Despite his... insouciant airs.” A faint frown tugged at her lips; which side of her brother would she find?

”You have my thanks, general. What you have given me is precious. I will do what I can to wield it well,” she mused, giving a mannerly cant of her head. Takiyok had already asked a favor of the skayona—she hoped that it would be repayment enough. Any further thinking on these subjects of honors and codes and oaths would wear her even thinner than she already was.

As she turned to make her leave, however, she suddenly stilled, wavering on the spot as if suddenly... fatigued, and was afraid to take another step in fear of listing. Meekly, she once again looked into Stigmata's gaze, voice repentant, "I... must also beg for some respite, if it is tolerable. It seems I haven't paid mind to my own exhaustion. May you permit me, please?" She cleared her throat softly, and then dropped her gaze once more; out of docility and feeling burdensome more than anything else. She despised requesting so much of others, and felt a tad ashamed for it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: darling you're wild eyed, empty & tongue tied - by Andraste - January 19, 2019, 02:02 PM