Dragoncrest Cliffs i think im pretnet w my 14th child? the test was ghetto..what is your opione?
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
The skayona was, at present, ensnared in the euphoric emotions which she'd kept hidden away; restrained, even, to those she'd revealed her news to. It was for fear of overwhelming the already-overwhelmed kru. So she neither noticed Isleña's discomfiture or knew her embittered thoughts — or her past affair with said father — as she leaned in to hear the brana's chopped inquiry. Was the wildling asking whether or not she loved the cheka? "Yes," Aure breathed, eyes aglimmer, yet another smile crescenting her lips. "We are mated." Mated. Mated — sure, on fine print, but... she knew, too, what was being asked: did Verx love her? It was this that made her lips falter, only to be nursed on as her paler inecurities bled through.

When she'd told him of their children, she hadn't requested it of him to raise them with her. Not really; she'd been true in that she'd only wanted to let him know. Yes, he would raise them alongside her, but he wouldn't... He would not love her. Verx'd only agreed to one of those terms, and nothing more; otherwise he, as much as it vexed her, retained the freedom to bed, or love, whomever he coveted.

She'd known it, deep in that hidden heart of hers; that whispered part that limned her thoughts like crawling frost. And with these despondant times, the skayona would never ask anything more of him when he was already so spent. If he should love her, then she only wished it would be when all of him smiled again, and she wouldn't incite this great blessing more than it'd already bestowed itself upon her. No; him acknowledging their copii, it was... it was more than she could ask her. More than enough for her heart's content.

...Wasn't it?

Her argent gaze and fervent demeanor had fallen, faintly, as she lost herself to the labyrinth of her thoughts. But, ever the delighter, Aure became enlivened once more, shooing her own sorrows away, and her eyes soon glimmered again. "Yes, I love him. They will come in ze early-spring, and I... I...-- I forgot!" Her bliss now erred into something timid, halting, as Aure continued, "Isleña, would you to Elysium with me? There is a fertility festival, and... and I would like to take you with me. Ah, celebration?" The skayona reaffirmed, hoping a simpler word would get her own across; after the incident with Raleska, she wouldn't make the travel south alone from now on, anyways.