Deepwood Weald If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I want to go
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Private 
His entire patrol was spent thinking about how he would rather be with @Alarian. He was maybe a little worried about his lover. More than once, he had woken in the middle of the night to find himself alone, and he was beginning to wonder how much sleep the other man was getting. The beast had also noticed some other strange behaviors from Alarian; sometimes, he seemed to change moods several times a day or was more emotional than normal, but what was most confusing were the times he seemed to almost have too much energy. Midar had no idea what to make of any of it, so he had just tried his best to not lose his temper at the times when the ups and downs became incredibly frustrating. Unable to concentrate any longer, the beast quit his work early and set out to find his mate. He moved through the trees and mist of the weald, stopping here and there to inspect the scent on a rock or exposed root. He was beginning to become familiar with the territory, so he followed his usual paths that lead him farther from the borders and closer to the den he shared with his mate. He decided he would check there first if he didn't pick up his favorite scent anywhere on the way.

Midar had almost reached the den when Alarian's fresh scent made him freeze; he sniffed the area for a few seconds, taking in all the information he could before heading in the way the trail led. He tracked the scarred male's scent to a part of their claim where the snow seemed deeper than in other places, most likely because the trees where sparse here, creating an opening that allowed large amounts of snow to accumulate. It wasn't like along the borders where, along with the dense woods, the paths of he and his packmate's patrols kept the snow from building up too high. He wondered what Alarian might be doing out here in all this snow but as his violet gaze searched around him, his question was answered: his lover was on the other side of the clearing...digging. As he began to make his way over there, he noticed that the digging seemed almost obsessive, but Midar kept the observation to himself as he stopped just in front of the other man. Are you looking for something? the beast asked as he looked over the deep hole Alarian had been working on for who knows how long.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
A voice startles him from his task rather suddenly, and his heart jumps into his throat for a moment, fur fluffing out as he flinches away from the hole and looks up with wide eyes. Um, no — I mean, yes, His ears lay flat for a moment and he takes a step away from his little project. I was looking for uh... look, it's right there. He gestures to the deepest part of the hole, clearly intending for Midar to come closer to look. Maybe this isn't his best plan, but he's not exactly thinking clearly — so it sounds like a great idea to him. If he can get Midar to look in the hole.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Midar watched him curiously as he answered and stepped away from his work. His eyebrows drew together as he looked between Alarian and the hole a few times, unsure why he wanted him to look instead of just telling him. He was interested, though, so he took a few steps and moved to the other side of the hole. He glanced inside but couldn't really see anything. Midar looked to his lover once more, question in his expression, before looking back down. Finally, he crouched down and lowered his head inside the dark space. He looked around as much as he could, but he still saw nothing. The beast lifted his head just enough to speak. I don't see anything, he stated, mildly confused, before lowering his head once more to continue searching.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He watches Midar intently as he goes to inspect the hole, doing his best to appear guileless when his lover glances back at him. He finds himself stifling a giggle in the next moment, though, a little caught off-guard when his lover crouches to look more closely. He tries to disguise it as a cough, though his struggle only worsens when Midar comments that he doesn't see anything. Finding it impossible to contain himself a moment longer, he steps forward and quickly slams his flank against Midar's back-half, aiming to knock him into the hole. It takes all the force he can manage, though he's certain that, even if he succeeds, it won't be a very hard fall for Midar. He takes a moment to regain his footing, unable to stifle his slightly-hysterical laughter now, and turns to start shoveling snow into the hole. He's not entirely sure where he's going with this; it's rather unlikely that he'll actually bury Midar, or even truly try, but to his sleep-deprived brain it seems like the most logical outcome.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He heard the cough in the background as he continued to search, but he didn't register it really. Midar was about back out and turn to look at Alarian again to question him, but he was suddenly being shoved; it was enough force to cause him to lose his balance and tumble into the hole. At first, he had no idea what happened, and snarled and whirled around, immediately assuming something was wrong. But then snow was hitting him in the face, and his mate was laughing and everything slowly started to make sense. His expression immediately morphed into one of intrigue as he raised an eyebrow at the other man. If anyone else had pushed him into a hole and started trying to bury him, they would soon be without one of their appendages, but he felt no anger as he quietly stared up at Alarian. He felt maybe a little sheepish at being tricked, but mostly he just wanted to get him back. 

Without any words or warning, the beast leaped from the hole and aimed his body straight for his lover, hoping to pin him to the ground.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Truth be told, he hadn't actually expected Midar to retaliate. His lover does not strike him as the playful type, though he'd admittedly hoped for such a reaction. Hoping hadn't exactly prepared him for anything, though — so he's more than a little surprised when the air is suddenly knocked from him by what feels like an elephant. He can't help but wonder, as he hits the decimated snow pile gracelessly, if it is an elephant.
But nope, it's just his giant husband. He starts to squirm and push against him immediately, giggling breathlessly and aiming his teeth at his shoulder. He's not looking to cause any real damage, but he isn't going to let his lover pin him without a fight — even if it's one he's destined to lose. There are certainly worse fates than being stuck beneath Midar, at least.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His "attack" was successful, and he looked down at Alarian a little smugly once they met the ground. Midar felt the other man squirm beneath him, and a low chuckle rumbled between them. The teeth in his shoulder didn't cause him to move from atop his mate; they only made the beast smirk a little and apply even more of his weight as he leaned down to graze his own teeth across his lover's neck. I know you weren't trying to bury me, Midar teasingly purred into his ear, offering a nip to the skin there as a faux-reprimand. He had no intention of letting Alarian up anytime soon, set on making him pay for tricking him and then pushing him into the hole behind them, but he was looking forward to seeing how else he tried to wriggle free.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
As much as he'd like to keep the playful tone of their interaction, he can't deny the way Midar affects him. He never can, it seems. A faint shiver runs down his spine at the feeling of Midar's teeth in his fur even as he struggles against him, followed by a stronger one when his lover nips him. That's exactly what I was trying to do, He says with a grin, trying (and failing) not to sound as breathless and horny as he feels. A few moments later, he falls limp with a loud huff, eyeing Midar as he leans back against the snow. You need to go on a diet. He tells him teasingly, though his gaze is far from critical as he studies his mate.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
A few huffs of low, quiet laughter were his response to Alarian's answer, and he relaxed a little against the other man as he finally gave in to being pinned to the ground. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen his lover grin like that, and it caused a tightening in his stomach. Midar raised an eyebrow at the comment on his weight. He would have known his mate was teasing even if he hadn't caught the appraisal in his gaze as he took in the beast on top of him. Still, he couldn't resist. I haven't heard any complaints before now, he replied, and impish smile curving his lips. And...if you buried me, then I wouldn't be able to do this, he added as he nipped the junction of his jaw and neck. Or this, Midar said again, this time moving down to bite the hollow of his lover's neck. Or this, he murmured once more, delivering another bite to the top of his chest. The beast then nipped a little lower on his chest before rubbing his muzzle in the fur there to stir up his favorite scent, his covetous gaze lifting to seek out Alarian's two-toned eyes.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He finds it difficult to come up with a response with so much of Midar's body pressed against him. He's never felt this close to him before, even during their frequent couplings, and it's more than a little distracting. He swallows, opening his mouth to question his lover a half-beat before he feels his teeth against his skin; the words quickly die in his throat, melting into a soft whine instead. He sucks in a breath, only finding his voice when Midar's trail of nips ends. That's — not fair, He says breathlessly, trying to sound indignant, but he makes no further attempt to escape.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Midar chuckled again, dealing another nip of fake reprimand to Alarian's chest. I think fair is exactly what it is considering what you just did, he teased, no trace of anger in his voice. In fact, I think you deserve more punishment, he added, a mischievous expression spreading across his dark face. He began to move down his mate's chest, biting and licking until he got to the soft, sensitive skin of his abdomen. The beast delivered a nip and a soft lick in the same place, lingering there intentionally for a few seconds, his mouth close enough to Alarian's body that he could feel his warm breath hit the skin and move back towards his nose . Then, repeating his pattern of affections, Midar made his way back up to his lover's chest again, stopping when he had reached the top once more and glancing back up at his lover to gauge his reaction.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
This time he can't come up with any response at all as his lover continues to torment him, finding himself able to do little but whine and squirm under Midar's affection. Each nip causes him to arch a little, drawing a soft, unbidden moan from his lips when the trail reaches his abdomen. Midar's warm breath against his skin sends a shiver down his spine. He flushes, trying desperately to catch his breath as his lover works his way back up his chest. Midar... He murmurs a little pleadingly, relaxing fully into his mate's embrace and sucking in a deep breath to calm his racing pulse. He's not entirely sure he can, though; he can't remember ever wanting his lover as badly as he does right now.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The sounds he has always been able to evoke from Alarian have been one of his favorite things since the beginning of their relationship and each time he squirmed or moaned, it caused a tightening in Midar's stomach; it was almost enough to cause his control to slip from his grasp, making it incredibly difficult to stop himself from flipping his mate over and giving him what they both wanted. The need only grew when his name fell from his lover's mouth, the begging sound making it almost impossible for him to continue his teasing. Almost. The beast ran his muzzle through the fur on Alarian's chest, savoring the way his need changed his scent. Do you want me to stop? he asked devilishly, his voice surprisingly steady considering how close he actually was to losing control. He nipped his mate again, completely unable to stop himself.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
A frustrated whine slips from him at Midar's question, and his attempt at a response is cut off by the following nip. He huffs, whining more softly as he tries to compose himself enough for a coherent answer. His lover has never needed to tease him to make him beg; his reaction to such treatment is, predictably, nothing short of shameless. I want you to take me, His own voice is far less steady, ending in yet another desperate whine. Embarrassment heats his ears slightly at his own boldness, but he's too far gone to truly regret it — and he does trust his lover with this part of him. He has only ever shown such vulnerability to Midar; no other has ever brought him to a state of such helpless neediness, and he's not certain he could allow it anyway. Midar is the only man to ever see him this way, and he does not intend for that to change.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Any desire to tease left him at his mate's desperate request, his expression hardening into one of burning hunger. A harsh breath moved from his chest as the last of his control vanished. He wanted to do exactly what Alarian had so boldly implored: take him. He was pretty sure he wanted nothing more in that moment. Midar lifted himself up just enough that his lover could turn over, but he grew a little impatient and ended up urgently pressing his muzzle against the other man's shoulder to help guide him into position faster. Once settled, he wasted no time sinking into his mate. This time, it was not quite as rough or unbridled, but it was no less intense.

Afterwards, Midar slowly moved back to the ground, offering a gentle nip to his lover's shoulder to coax him down with him. The beast wanted to lazily relish his favorite scent and feel his mate's warmth against him again now that he was sated and content.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Their coupling steals most of his energy, as it usually does, and he finds no reason to resist when Midar urges him to the ground with a gentle nip. He sinks down against his lover with a soft sigh, tucking himself against him and nuzzling into his fur as he settles. A warm glow has made its home in his chest, and for a time he's content to allow silence to fall between them. But his thoughts continue to bubble under the surface, and before long he finds them spilling from his mouth, soft and slightly muffled but impossible to stop.
I love you. I know I say that a lot but — I really mean it. I-I never would have thought someone like you would want to be with someone like me — or that I could love someone this much and — and not lose them, or fuck it up — and sometimes it doesn't really feel real. But — He falters for a moment, realizing he's rambling and that he doesn't really know where he's going with this, but he's in too deep to turn back — so he sucks in a breath and tries to find some sort of point to get to. It feels real right now, and I just — wanted you to know, I guess. Embarrassed, he tucks himself closer, burying his face more firmly in Midar's fur as if he could disappear into it and forget that he's just made a complete fool of himself.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He let Alarian settle against him before encircling him and pushing his nose into the other man's fur. He kept it there while silence settled between them, taking in his lover's scent with each inhale as they both said nothing for a little bit. Silence never bothered Midar, and he was pleasantly distracted now anyway by an overwhelming feeling of calm and contentment that made him wish they could just stay there forever. He wished he could bottle the feeling up and bring back out anytime he felt angry or frustrated or was being tortured by his memory loss. 
Then Alarian began to speak, and a few times the beast wanted to say something in return, but he didn't really get much of a chance, so he just let his mate finish saying what he needed to say, a small smile curving his lips at the words, and his feeling of contentment growing. He tightened around him, embracing him for a few seconds before speaking. I love you too, he replied first. I... he paused, unsure how to say what he wanted to say. It was very confusing and overwhelming for him, and he hadn't really been in a position to speak about his feelings before now, so he found himself a little unprepared. I, um, don't really know how to put into words how much I love you, he added next. He lowered his muzzle to Alarian's fur again, inhaling deeply to steady himself and compose his thoughts. But I'm not going anywhere...I don't think I could ever be without you, Alarian, the beast stated quietly, nose still buried in his lover's fur. I--don't know how to explain, he started again but immediately fell silent. He drew in his mate's scent once more, resigning to the fact that he wasn't sure he could form the correct words just now. It was like Alarian was a fundamental part of him now, and without him, Midar would be nothing--a shell that would decay into the darkness; it was intense, and he wasn't sure he could ever find the right words to completely encompass how it actually felt, but he hoped, somehow, his mate understood.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
In the moments between Midar's embrace tightening and the sound of his voice, Alarian's heart picks up a nervous, uneven rhythm. He can't help but fear his lover's response — but it quickly becomes clear that he hadn't needed to. Midar's words settle over him like a warm blanket, a shield against the frigid winds of his own insecurities, and he finds himself struggling to respond past the lump in his throat.
You — you don't have to explain, He manages, voice thick with the threat of tears. He'd never imagined that anyone could love him so much, or that anyone would want to, broken and scattered as he is. But here is Midar: formidable and striking, beautifully whole and surely capable of taking anything he wants from the world — anything, anyone — and he'd chosen him. Tears spill from his eyes with his next words, soaking into his lover's fur, and his heart itself seems to burst and weep with emotion. I could never be without you, either. He clings to him more tightly, tears coming faster now, and tries to speak again. Oh, Midar, I - He falters this time, face still buried in his mate's fur, and all he can do for a few moments is cry.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He was feeling somewhat inadequate; it was not something the beast was used to feeling, but being unable to express himself properly to the one he loved more than anything was piercing through his normally unwavering confidence; it was just as confusing as the actual feelings he was struggling so much to explain. His lover replied then, and his words instantly erased the negative feelings from his mind. Midar tightened around him again, showing with affection what he wished he could say in words. Mostly that he was incredibly grateful for his mate's unquestioning understanding. He tightened further at Alarian's next words, relieved to know that he didn't need to worry about losing the only thing keeping him whole. He hadn't noticed the tears yet, distracted by the moment and the feel of his lover against him as they embraced. But his next words were cut off, and the beast heard sounds that could only mean his mate was crying. He slowly uncurled himself from around the scarred male, seeking out any part of his face, but it was hidden from his view underneath his own blue-black fur, so Midar settled for licking his lover's ear as a soft whine left his throat. Don't cry, he quietly pleaded. He knew they weren't tears of sadness but for some reason, he still couldn't bear the thought of his mate crying.