Arrow Lake & i wonder (not for the first time) what happened to your wings
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
[Image: giphy.gif]

Her chin merely lifted at the insistence — would that she could end then and there, resisting Verx in nearly every account proved fruitless. Aure squinted over a shoulder at him, letting the indecision linger for another moment... before a gleam of her own smile overtook her ashen features. Turning from the inked male, she began to spin a yarn; silvered roots of her North.

Enshrouded within her own reminiscence, Aure drifted from his side, and took post instead upon a crag. "It was our first naming day, a winter eve, and my mother had called for a 'resplendant hunt'. But," remaining turned from her audience, she steadied herself against the rough-hewn trunk of a silver birch, "ze chosen herd had been elusive, as they tend to be, so ze entire party had to divide in order to track them down." Pink nose stretching, seeking for some property in its boughs she couldn't find. "And, since my brother and I were heirs, we had ze liberty to lounge our way along... but we were late, of course. For ze blessings and good-wishings — a meeting or two, with neighboring residents. Pheh."

With a faint shrug, Aure made the easy descent — only to flit for spring shrubbery. It seemed, with the focus entirely on her and her tellings, her paws were restless. It contrasted with the wry drawl and elfin look which she continued in: "By ourselves, we bickered ze entire way; something about 'not getting first eat,' perhaps? Actually, we went entirely for ze opposite area that our parents had designated as favorable. Oh, we quarreled some more, and then tussled..."

A worn scoff, and she finally stilled, fixing Verx with an elfin look. "...Only to find ourselves right between ze hooves of ze bull my mother sought." Everything that'd ensued — she told Vercingetorix with a languid tone that passed from simpering, wistful lips. Told him how Vonnaruil and herself hid as chaos all about had erupted; how their parents had been properly enraged, and the gathering devastated; and how, ultimately, the yearlings had gone to bed without supper, birthing-day or no.

"So, no," Aure lilted, a low and breathless chuckle, "we were not quite 'angel children,' anymore. But, myself against Vonn? Mm. Perhaps." Story finished, as long-winded as it'd been, the herbalist began to make her return to Verx. Glimmering eyes alight and inscrutiable, and there was a keen tilt to her fair head that was only now evident. Regardless of whether she'd succeeded (or not) in diverting his own sorrows, at least the pair had shared yet another tale in their time together.
Messages In This Thread
RE: & i wonder (not for the first time) what happened to your wings - by Andraste - April 16, 2019, 07:00 PM