Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,115 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay wished that he could speak with more confidence, that he could make it all alright for Wiffle. He really did wish that, even though he had no idea how to sound more confident about it. He really wished he could make it better, but he just couldn't seem to. Wiffle stopped a little while short of the den, even though Eljay was barely holding himself together so they could reach the den before this all. We have to keep moving, Eljay said, but it was too late and she had already stopped. Eljay made sure she could lean against him, and he placed his head across her neck and closed his eyes for a moment while she spoke his name so softly.

What are we going to do? Eljay thought. I don't know how to fix this. But none of his thoughts were constructive and none of them would make her feel any better or do her any good right now. But what would? He just didn't know. I love you, he ended up saying, because Eljay didn't think he could say anything that would make it better right now, but he could let Wiffle know just how much he loved her, at least... I brought back a stone from Redhawk Caldera that you gave mommy when I was born. I was going to give it to you. I — His voice faltered and Eljay fell silent as he moved his head so that he could nuzzle her cheek. He didn't know what he could do, and all of the love he felt for Wiffle only made it so he knew less what to do.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Make it a point to tell me when you get to the end - by Eljay - May 23, 2019, 06:43 AM