Moonspear wherever i may roam
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
The scent of his father had waned across the mountain and in its place rose the aroma of Hydra, of Dirge, of the strengthened scent of his mother Amekaze, as they had been busy patrolling the many paths and protecting the claim while the patriarch had abandoned them. When Revui sought his father now, the scent of him seemed out-of-place for its strength; he thought he'd find traces of Speedy with him for some reason, but was glad when the wind gusted something pure his way. Revui tracked that scent and soon found his father's trail - then was waylayed as the sound of a chuff hit his ears. He had no desire to surprise his father but it took the boy my surprise instead, knowing that his father had sensed his arrival and was waiting for him.

Had someone already spoken of his failure? Had news gotten back to the mountain before Revui could speak of it...? He thought of all the wolves that could have spurned him in this way; those that were present when Yami was found were the obvious choices, but Revui could not make the assumption that Arcturus had spoken of the event in any detail - so he thought of Dirge, and fought back a grimace. If his sister's mate had spoiled the boy's ascension, he would be in for a world of hurt from the angry leviathan.

The silver boy approached, having assumed a prideful air despite how poorly he felt about the entire situation. He got right down to business, and stated: Arcturus and I are brothers again. Speedy has taught me of healing — and Yami, here he paused, finding that his anger at his wayward sister had transmuted in to some kind of sorrow tinged with dread, drawing the false pride from him and casting it away. Yami ran from me. She is not worthy of the mountain, however, but I am. I am your Beta. 

It was not a question; he had fulfilled the bargain, proven himself thoroughly, and saw this as the only possible result.
Messages In This Thread
wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 17, 2019, 11:09 AM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 17, 2019, 04:44 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 18, 2019, 04:53 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 07:35 AM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 21, 2019, 09:43 AM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 04:18 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 21, 2019, 05:59 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 08:10 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 22, 2019, 12:37 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 22, 2019, 05:39 PM