Moonspear wherever i may roam
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
His father was right, of course. It was his duty to speak up when necessary even if he wasn't entirely comfortable, and especially if he was confused about his own feelings. Only through communication would Revui learn and adapt. To be granted his wish—this spot in the leadership—and then to be given his first real lesson was a jarring experience. He knew he should not feel such negative thoughts for his father as Charon advised him, but blame it on his youth. He couldn't help the slight rise of acid in his throat.

Charon spoke of normalcy as if something had come in and swept the family aside; as if he were missing out on something, when nothing had changed as far as Revui could tell. Hydra was still Hydra—powerful, confident, putting the mountain first. By comparison it was Charon who appeared to have changed, if Revui thought about it. It was the man who abandoned the mountain, forsaking his mother, leveraging his rank as their patriarch to forgive any wrongs. Revui wanted to trust his father's word of course. To make things run smoothly, and to keep the mountain strong. He kept his thoughts internalized as was his way.

More was expected of him. He accepted this—for now.

We are at peace, he finally says. The warring is between you and mother. I have no place in that. It was one of the rare moments where Revui was clear and to-the-point with his pronouncements; deep down he knew his father would see the truth in the statement. Any issue that had arisen of-late was not something the yearling could police regardless of his status, he would not wedge himself in to the uncomfortable position between his mother and father with the tension that had been apparent throughout the season.
Messages In This Thread
wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 17, 2019, 11:09 AM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 17, 2019, 04:44 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 18, 2019, 04:53 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 07:35 AM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 21, 2019, 09:43 AM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 04:18 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 21, 2019, 05:59 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 08:10 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 22, 2019, 12:37 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 22, 2019, 05:39 PM