Hoshor Plains I Fled to The Country
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Private 
I can't believe you didn't even mention I was a total mess. Puffing her cheeks, Reiko was only mildly disappointed in herself that she had met her now new leader, absolutely covered in the paint of what she was eating. How embarrassing! It was only when they approached for something to drink that she recognized her reflection and immediately began to bathe herself clean, back to the bleached fur that was more presentable. 

The day was beautiful at least, even after her bath it was quick for her pelt to dry at the mercy of the sun. The warmth kissed her flesh as it dried - it was no welcoming cold of the snow, but something she could eventually get use too. Okay! So what's the plan Evergreen. She placed around, walking backwards so she can face Eve even for a moment while waiting for directives. She was itching for a job to do.

@Evergreen lets get down to business... to defeat, the threads
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Whoops. Maybe that is a bit of a dick move, but for all Eve knew, it is Rei’s normal. And who’s he to judge?

“I’ve never seen someone eat berries,” he admits quietly, “I thought it was… uhm, cool?” Now that she is back to being without a splatter of different colors, Eve realizes there is a distinct theme going on in Kaistleoki. Many of their members are light in coloration, while he’s a rebel. At least he fits in with being fluffy!

“Uhhh,” he supplies helpfully, glancing around and trying not to look shocked that Rei is talented enough to walk backwards—totally not jealous by the fact he’s clumsy enough to trip over his own feet walking foward. “Maybe we could hunt something? The cache has a lot of fish, but I, uh, know not everyone’s a fan.”
Working on wrapping up current threads!
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
No? They're delicious! Well.. the right ones are. Scrunching her nose, she remembered the one she tried that made her mouth pucker and feel oh so dry. I looked ridiculous. She pressed despite his attempt to make it be "Cool".

Her steps moved over to the wayside to let him walk passed as she mulled over his plan for the day. A hunt? Oh if she could sweat, she would be now. Of all the things, it had to be one of them that she was the worst at. But! She trotted by his side again, with his size, and possible strength, perhaps it won't be a complete and utter disaster. Sure! I can.. uh. Oh! How about we pick something we can both tag team, I run it to you in an ambush?

Not everyone was a fan of fish? That did come to her more of a shock than she expected. Fish was a delicious treat. She always felt good inside and out after eating a good fatty salmon or trout. But who was she to judge, if not everyone liked fish, then it was now her duty to help them eat something else if she can!

Looking around, there were trails of large beasts that roamed the lands. Something had to be around for them to track down and try their luck at hunting. Their stink wasn't hard to follow either. That manure scent of cattle. You can smell them too right? Lets go check them out.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
You'll have to show me the "right ones". He isn't certain what that means, but it's likely how some fish taste better than others. All depends on personal preference, he supposes. Alas, Rei is determined to put herself down about the paint job. Eve still thinks it was cool. Neither of them are likely to change their mind about that.

He isn't the type to argue about it though, even if he is tempted to playfully bicker like he used to with Thistle. It's been awhile honestly since he last had the opportunity to be affectionate in that way; play used to be a big thing for Eve, but he never knows how to properly initiate it.

That's a good idea! I'm not... very fast, he says, a chuckle following shortly after. The bearish wolf may be a giant amongst them, but he really did have some drawbacks. Speed being a major one. He's fortunate Rei is awesome and came up with a plan that will hopefully benefit them.

As they continue to trot at a reasonable pace and search for potential targets, Eve swiftly gets distracted with simply admiring the vast plains around them. It's only when Rei mentions a smell that his focus snaps back into place. Oh! Yeah, sure. His nose twitches at the smell, wondering what sort of beast it is. Not as bad as fox shit though.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She'll have to show him the "right ones", there was a part of her that didn't want to explain what she meant by that... afraid to insult that she was uncertain of theirs, mostly her, ability to help in a hunt involving something bigger than a rabbit or more dangerous than a trout.  I meant that I'm not as big as you, I won't be able to assist in too large of a take down. That was a better response.

While Even admired the scenery, Reiko was too focused on trying her best to be useful. It was her first time being a part of something for so long, she wasn't about to mess it up any time soon. Following the scent, she got lower as the scent grew stronger, doing her best to hide her bright alabaster from being seen by the beasts. That was the downfall of her coloration in these southern lands.

She took a moment to eyeball every beast, trying to pick out someone who is injured, maybe old or sick, a smaller beast - unfortunately for them. It was a healthy herd. Only a few young ones they could maybe try, but they were too small if Evergreen was thinking of feeding more than just the two of them. Um... What were they gonna do?

You see that greying one at the rear of the herd? It's not that old, but probably the best target, what do you think? She wasn't about to try and paint a target on a nursing mother... perhaps other wolves would for an easier target, as they protected their calfs, they would be open - but he couldn't come down to it. She picked a greying female with no calf of her own. Not old, but at least with less ties to the herd.
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Right, so they both have their weaknesses and strengths. Maybe that'll make this hunting duo balanced out... Evergreen just wants to remain optimistic. If he's honest, he's never had the pleasure of tackling large prey. Once he saw a moose and bolted off before the bull could even notice. Bison were an Easthollow speciality, too, but during the months he spent there, they didn't have a group hunt for one.

Now Reiko and he were about to take on a beast bigger than he's ever messed with. He isn't sure he knows what to do, but... it's worth a shot, right? Thankfully she seems to have some knowledge of how to deal with them, so Evergreen crouches when she does, and gives a wide berth to set up a proper ambush.

Uhm, he glances through the herd until he finally spots the graying female Reiko is talking about. There are a few that might be a better target, but he wants to trust her judgment. Yeah, that would be a good meal for the pack. It's true it would feed the majority of them. Eve nods, and Reiko starts moving forward. The bearish wolf tucks into an area with taller grass, hoping that it is enough camouflage to work.

Mismatched green eyes watch, and he feels his heart pounding faster the closer Reiko gets to the cow.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Thump... Thump... Thump! Her heart beat loudly in her throat. Hopefully her mercy for a prey animal didn't cost them the hunt, cost them the energy they would soon put into the hunt. Keeping low, ears flat against her delicate crown, she was careful to remain quiet, low and in the tallest grass within reach. 

Nervous was one way to put how she felt. But that was just scratching the surface on how she was feeling at this very moment. 

Slowly she stalked as close as she could toward the bison.. every time one of them looked in her general vicinity, instincts told her to stop and wait patiently until their gazes were on something else. The moment she was close enough to the bison, she sprung into action!

Teeth clashed with flesh as she drew first blood on their target. The beast bucked and Reiko narrowly avoided contact with the large hooves by being as nimble as she was. As loudly as she could, the young banished princess barked and growled, nipping when she could and leaving the target to avoid being struck by horn or hoof. Every now and then the thing would graze her, enough to cause some pain but it was bearable - and finally the herd broke into a run.

Eyes focused on the target, she nipped and bit to herd it where Eve was hiding. Finally as the beast began to panic, they ran. It was all up to Evergreen now to take the beast down with Reiko's aid. She was ready to spring into the fray onto the back of the beast once Evergreen took hold of his own target upon the beast.
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Sorry about the delay! Ended up crashing earlier than expected yesterday,,, smh

Through expert planning, the bison herd starts to scatter—parts of it splintering one direction, while their target came charging in his. At first, Evergreen freezes in fear. Never had such a large creature come barreling at him. He only clicks back into reality when it's about a dozen feet from his location, crouched amongst the tall grass of Hosher Plains.

Once the beast is close enough, Evergreen rushes out, throwing his body blindly forward. Alas, he misses going for the nose or throat of the beast, and instead misses enough that he tears into the massive shoulder of the beast instead. 'Fuck.' He messed this whole thing up. Tucking his tail between his legs, the bear leaps to the side to keep from getting a face full of horns and muscular legs as the bison starts to charge at him. He swerves, and bolts, hoping that at least he could get the attention away from Rei.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
That's okay! I'm in no rush~ just tryna help ya out! Side note to anyone reading, we did rolls for everything that is going down, rolled on seriousness of Rei's injuries, the success of an attack and of the hunt! EVERYTHING was randomized.

Within her chest, her heart pounded loudly in her ears. When Evergreen bounced out from his hiding, she was even startled just a little from the sight, it was faster than she expected! 

He left onto the beast, and so did she. Coiling her legs and using the momentum of her run to launch her forward onto the beast just before passing it, teeth aimed to grab onto some of the flesh on the neck and - she missed. The beast bucked and swung his head violently, first Evergreen was shot off and then it was Reiko's turn. She took the blue side of the beast's horn to her ribs; not enough to puncture or tear flesh, but some bruising would happen later. Shock caused a yelp to escape her, rolling to the ground and quickly scrambling to her feet to avoid the hooves of the animal. 

Sorry sorry sorry! She thought to herself, the bison had every reason to attack back, but sadly for Reiko, her soft nature gave her a major disadvantage of being a predator. Evergreen went one way, Reiko went the other; she hoped that if they split up, at least one of them would get away. The moment she was no longer a target, she'd find a place to hide until things calmed down a bit.
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Chaos erupts.

He fears for his own life, but more importantly he fears for Reiko's. Hearing her cry causes Eve to spin to face the bison once more. He nips at its leg, attempting to capture the beast's attention while Rei bolted for safety. Fortunately it seems to work, unfortunately, Eve now has a very large animal charging him down. He swiftly turns on his feet, but not before the bison slams its massive head into the side of his hip.

He'll feel that tomorrow, but nothing crunched... so Eve tucks tail and runs.