Swiftcurrent Creek Hellooooo? Anyone here?
8 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

Joe's never left Spiritlight Falls before, not since he and his family joined up when he was just a small boy. Shit happened, yknow? But that's alright, it turned out well. He even got some new friends out of it! He grew up with Ma and Pa all the same. Now he's been out here though, looking around for the slightest clue of his childhood sweetheart because shit happened again.

Spiritlight Falls ain't a pack anymore. It still leaves Joe a little sad. He and Alessia's little siblings were supposed to make it here together, but... a storm ended up separating him from the rest. Maybe they're already here? If it's the right place...

I think this is the right place... Jeanie said it was around here, Joe says his thoughts outloud with a long hum following. Shrugging his shoulders, the gator boy paces on the borders and lets out a howl.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
the call was for alessia, but aditya answered it regardless, strolling up to the borders with his tail high. he arrived a little later than he normally would have; he had been engaged with the pups in idle play, marveling at how quickly they grew as the days went by. he still smelled of milk and shit and other baby smells and his face was suffused with joy. still, he quickly put on a businesslike mien.

kaun hain? he asked brusquely, cocking his head at the man. alessia kaise jante hain? the new normal was leaning on names, hoping that using as many familiar concepts and words as possible in conversation would overcome the language barrier (or, at least, bridge the divide somewhat). the common tongue had not yet returned to him, not, at least, in speech.
dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
The call at the borders sounds oddly familiar, though she can't quite place it. It almost reminds her of home — of Spiritlight Falls. She finds herself hurrying to answer it, arriving only moments after Aditya. Her head cants slightly at his use of the foreign language, but Xynien isn't sure how much she should know about that whole thing, so she only offers a smile and a grateful nod to him for answering the call. Then her eyes settle on the one who'd called — and honestly, it's the last wolf she would have expected. Joe? She swallows, immediately anxious wondering what had transpired to bring him here. I didn't think you'd ever leave Spiritlight Falls.
"Common" | "French"
8 Posts
Ooc —
Joe gets bored easily.

He likes to pretend he's patient when in reality, he gets restless. Shifting his weight around his paws, the agouti male finally starts pacing and becoming fascinated with whatever is around him. Nervous? Nah. Okay, maybe a little.

When someone does finally show up, it isn't a familiar face and the voice startles him from his daydreaming. Joe turns his head slowly over towards the stranger.

Uhh... what now? He's stunned. Sorry, dude, I... Oh! You said "Alessia"? I heard that bit. Is she here? Wait, can you understand me? Oh man, this is wild... If he could, he would be scratching the back of his neck, but that'd involve sitting and he doesn't think he can be still right now.

It's not long after he starts rambling that Alessia does show up. Joe's tail starts wagging like crazy. He rushes up to her, because he really can't help it. It's been so long since he's seen her. He gives a wolf version of a hug.

Alessia! Oh man, oh man. It's been so long, dude. I missed ya. And well, uh, that's a long story... Joe pulls away and glances towards the first dude that arrived, uncertain if she wants him to ramble while he's here.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was patrolling the borders already when the call echoed across the territory. It seemed the caller was requesting his mate's presence, but that didn't stop him from quickening his pace and heading in the direction of the sound. If they intended to do harm here, then they most likely wouldn't have announced their presence to the entire pack, but he still felt that he needed to assess the situation for himself. 

He arrived just in time to see the stranger embrace Alessia and was surprised at the twinge of jealousy he felt in his chest. He nodded to Aditya as he approached, glad to see him intercepting strangers at the borders. As he came up beside Alessia, he brushed up against her, stopping and standing so that he crowded her space some. He supposed this man could be a family member from her old pack, but just in case he wasn't, Kavik couldn't help the possessive move. The alpha's gaze moved between the stranger and his mate, his expression expectant as he waited to be filled in.
I'm no good without you
dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
The embrace catches her off-guard, and for a moment all she can do is stand in stunned silence, returning the embrace half-heartedly. Guilt rises up in her throat, sour and burning, but she swallows it as he continues. A long story? She repeats slowly — but before she can get her answer, her mate appears — looking rather jealous. This is my — friend, Joe, from my birth pack. Spiritlight Falls. Joe, this is Kavik — my mate.
"Common" | "French"