Blackfeather Woods And I'll keep it safe
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
The earth was angry, dangerous, vengeful. Still it would seem the Melonii children lurked in unsafe places. Sakhmet took her chances lingering near crumbled parts of the earths (never had caves seemed more interesting or haunting) and her brothers seemed to lurk near the trees that had not yet given way. But they were children! Young and relatively lacking in sin, what had they done to be deserving of the earth's vengeful ways?

She did not hear the tree crack or her brother's final battle cry. No, it was not the sound of the event that summoned her. It was the wails of her mother that surely scared off any birds who still remained. Admittedly she wondered if another brother had gone rogue, stolen off into the night but...there was something haunting in that call that had been been present when Sobek had gone missing.

So she pattered ever closer to the source of the cries, of the startled birds, of tragedy. It took a few beats until she spotted it. Her mother was not grieving some fallen tree. There underneath the tree peeked out an ink dipped tail. The tail of her ghost and oh...oh. A warbled cry built up in her throat as she let out her own wail. But she did not get closer to morn or comfort her own remaining family. She bolted without thought to where she was going.

She could not stay, she could not handle seeing her ghost become just that.
Messages In This Thread
And I'll keep it safe - by Anansi - October 07, 2019, 06:35 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Maegi - October 07, 2019, 09:03 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by RIP Sobek - October 07, 2019, 10:18 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Sakhmet - October 07, 2019, 11:09 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Maegi - October 08, 2019, 10:30 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by RIP Sobek - October 08, 2019, 12:20 PM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Maegi - October 14, 2019, 12:04 PM