Deepwood Weald i was going to cover that in the hear-me-out portion.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
SUGAR!!!!

It was about the thirtieth time Penn had howled his sister's name into the quiet, snowy wilderness. And after holding his breath for a count of ten, it became the thirtieth time he'd been disappointed and frustrated by the lack of response. How could she have been so stupid as to get lost like this? First fuckin' Crow bails and now this? Penn had always known that Avery was the only sibling of his worth anything, and this just went to show that he was always right. With a growl to himself, he began stalking forward again, continuing his search.

He would never admit it, of course, but his anger masked the fear he felt for his sister. She was just so tiny. I mean, he was a bit on the small side himself, but she was small and weird. Plus defenseless. Anyone who met her would probably try to eat her, especially with food still being so scarce, and they would probably succeed in the endeavor.

Penn paused when he realized he was whining softly as he walked. He gave himself a hard shake to relieve some of the anxiety that had been tightening in his chest, then threw his head back once again and howled. 

WHERE THE FUCKING FUCK ARE YOU???
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
she had not gone back to the nightwalkers, a fact which confused even herself. she'd never spent more than a few hours out of the territory, and yet she'd been away almost an entire day. she knew distinctly that she had gone further than she'd ever have liked to, and that she had little idea on how she'd find her way back, but she could not find it in herself to care. 

she'd settled in what might have been someone's den, once, a stale furrow in the earth lined with brittle mosses. she wondered idly if she'd be able to survive, alone. she'd yet to have any luck hunting, and she'd gained a few new bruises, and yet she was fairly confident she would be just fine out here alone, if she so chose to be. 

she's on the verge of sleep when someone screams, close and desperate and senseless. she'd upright in an instant, tail curled and ears stiff as she listens, stiff. it's only when she's half-convinced herself it was only the call of some coyote, or weird-ass bird, that the voice comes again. fuming, both at herself for the quick and nervous beating of her heart and whatever asshole is wandering around screaming, she bee-lines towards the source. 

"who the fuck are you?" she shouts as soon as the boy comes into sight, realizing a moment later that this is an unpredictable stranger and bristling her hackles accordingly.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
His voice was still echoing between the trees when another joined it, just as loud, though maybe a wee bit more irritable. Penn spun, startled at the sudden interruption to his search. His eyes clapped onto a girl. She didn't appear to be much older than he was, but she was mighty bristly. He blinked at her dumbly as he wondered what she was so pissy about. Had he stumbled into claimed land? He didn't think so, but he hadn't been actively paying attention to that sort of thing so who really knew.

"I'm Penn Fucking Blackthorn," he replied with a quirk of his brow, "Who the fuck are you, Shouty McGrumpy?" It probably wasn't wise to fling sass in the face of a clearly angry stranger, but Penn wasn't afraid. He was too overconfident/not bright enough to be afraid.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
she blinks, caught off guard. she does not know what shorty mcgrumpy means, nor has anyone called her that before, but she assumes pretty clearly it is bad. her surprise lasts only a moment before giving way to ire, which only intensifies as she realizes she does not know how to handle this situation further. for a moment, the urge to bite his face is overwhelming, but she does not think that would be fair, and certainly would throw a wrench in her new interest in becoming more tactful.  

instead, she deflates. "I'm hela." gimlet stare eyes him a moment longer, and then, "why're you yelling?"
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Penn's concern slipped away and a smirk lit across his face as he watched her process his response. She clearly didn't know what to do with it. He found that rather funny, though he took care not to laugh in her face. He didn't actually want to get attacked, even though he was confident he could handle himself if that did happen. He just wanted to bug her, or so he had now decided.

"Because I'm bored," he answered, deciding that this was now more interesting than finding his sister, "This place is too quiet. Someone needed to liven it up a little and I am just the wolf to do it." He glanced around smugly at the trees before looking at her again. "You from around here?" he asked.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
her brow furrowed. it was hard to be bored in a place that kept her constantly on edge, and should she ever feel bored, she hardly thought wandering around screaming was a good way to deal with it. "that's stupid." she offers matter-of-factly, "you'll only scare away all the prey." and sound like an idiot, but she assumed he must know that. 

"that way," she answers, jerking her muzzle in the general direction of the haunted wood. "you?" he seemed to be about her age, roughly, so he couldn't be from too far away—but he lacked the distinct scent the moonspear wolves carried, and any other packs in great bear she ought to know about; either as allies, or those who'd been run out.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Penn frowned and rolled his eyes at her response, muttering a soft "You're stupid," under his breath before he made the wise decision not to be such an ass and pay attention/show some respect. He smirked as she jerked her head in a random direction as indication of where she lived. She clearly didn't care for him to know, which simply amused him. What was he even going to do with that knowledge, stalk her? He's not modeled after that Penn Badgley character.

"That way," he said, flailing his muzzle to the left and then skyward in an equally indistinct motion. "And make fun all you want, but I did lure you here," he commented boldly with a little smirk, "Are you trying to suggest that you aren't interested in livening up the day with me? That you aren't actually any fun?"
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
quiet simply put, Hela does not know how to act. any semblance of a happy childhood had been frayed first simply be existing in the place of her birth, torn further with the death of her mother and disappearance of her mother, and stamped out entirely when she'd come to the Nightwalkers. 

part of her is intruiged by the boy, his lightness of speech and action. some of her wants to stay. but when it comes down to it, her fear of failure in front of him is greater. "no." comes her answer, then, followed by a, "goodbye." and then the girl is gone, beelining back toward a place where things make sense.