Noctisardor Bypass electric feel
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
she has a place in mind; one she must scout out before electing to more the younger, and less able, of her family. before she goes to the place her half-sisters reside, too; she wants to be concrete when she tells them her-their plans. she will surely not reside in the valley. it is beautiful, granted, but crowded. this is only reinforced when she comes across a half-lain border, a claim not quite made in its entirety. it is a claim all the same, and close to the place she'd been eyeing. pausing near to the scent marks, detecting a note of familiarity she can not immediately place, she tilts back her muzzle and calls for whoever stakes their claim here. 
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
When the call rang out, Kaertok was only a short distance away, so he headed toward the ringer. Part of his duty here was to make sure their claim was known, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to do just that. His stance was relaxed, for now, but he knew from his years with Tartok that could change in a flash. The wolf who had called was not one he recognized, nor did she have enough familiarity with Arbiter or Terance (or Jomyo, for that matter) to walk right in. Either she was here to affirm their claim or challenge it.

Can I help you? the white bear asked as he slowed to a stop to stand in front of her. She had a strong build; one that his mother would have approved of. Perhaps she would make a nice addition to their ranks. Arbiter had more or less given him permission to recruit, and he thought—based on appearance alone—that she might be of some use here.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she is not long waiting; there comes a pale-furred wolve that reminds her vaguely of siarut, well-built and tall. she likes the look of him; should he not be so obviously tied to the claim here, he would have made a fine member of the pack she seeks the build. "yes," she begins, for she is not here to recruit, but to test the waters of the packs that will be near. 

"I am dawn morningside. is this your claim?" better get a feel for the type of wolves eeking out an existence here before she reveals her own intentions.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
As far as he was concerned, Yes. I'm Kaertok Tartok, and this is Legion. Judging by her stance, he didn't think it likely that she was here to join them. Typically, from what he'd observed, those who wanted a piece of the pie tended to show a smidge more respect for whoever greeted them. He didn't comment on it, figuring it wasn't worth commenting on. She had called him here, so she could ask the questions and steer the conversation in whichever way she wanted.

He was curious about why she was here. There were any number of possibilities, and he hoped that hers was not one that was nefarious. He would fend for Legion if he had to, but it certainly wasn't something he wanted to do.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
yes, comes his answer, and the huntress dips her head in acknowledgment. "can you tell me of Legion?" she inquires, curious of the group that aren't quite neighbors but aren't quite far enough to warrant ignoring entirely.  it to it best, she finds, to develop friendly relations with those nearest as early as she can. 

still, she ought to let him know her intent now; better not to let him wonder why a single wolf was wandering up to the borders and asking questions. "I'm looking to claim a place to the north-east of here—whitebark stream."
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ah, there it was. The reason she was here. Checking in on the neighbors to make sure they wouldn't go haywire on her for settling nearby. Kaertok honestly wasn't sure what Arbiter and Terance would think of this development, but he would be sure to report it back to them. For now, he didn't have an opinion one way or another. Legion was a mere stepping stone for him in order to get to Raleska. Speaking of, he should probably ask Dawn about her before she left. Perhaps she knew something that nobody else he'd talked to had known.

We're a small, family-oriented pack, was all he could really offer. Legion seemed to be in the process of being founded because its leaders wanted a safe home for their children, present and future. Beyond that, there was nothing decidedly special about it to Kaertok's knowledge. He had never been much of a talker, so he let Dawn continue the conversation or ask more questions as she saw fit.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her first question receives a clipped, simple answer, and so she adds "unsociable" to the other adjectives he'd used to describe the pack with. it was perfectly fine by her; she'd have preferred open communication with a pack next door, but silent neutrality could work just fine. her intent is gone unchallenged, and while the familiar scents at the border incite some measure of interest, she has to admit that in all her time here, there are probably more familiar than unfamiliar wolves in this part of the Wilds. 

her intent has been made clear, basic information gathered. she's accomplished all the basics, and so she dips her head to the man. "thank you for your time, Kaertok." provide he have no more questions, she would leave him and his group behind on her way to her next stop.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Instead of asking further questions, she made to take her leave. But there was one more thing, and Kaertok couldn't pass up the opportunity to ask about it. One more thing before you go, he said. This is a more... personal matter, but I'm looking for my friend Raleska. Before the coast was destroyed, she used to run with a pack there called Rusalka. Do you know anything about them? the Tartok wolf inquired.

One way or another, he was determined to find Raleska. She had to be out here, somewhere. And if not here, maybe he could at least find out where she'd gone to and track her down there. He'd be much more inclined to put in a good word with Arbiter and Terance if the neighbors were helpful (or at least open to the idea of helping).
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she pauses, turns back. "rusalka," she echoes, considering. she shakes her head, then, confirming her utter lack of knowledge with a "no, sorry." he must care for her, she muses idly, it's the most he's said the entire conversation. 

"good luck—with finding her. if I find out anything about her, or them, I'll let you know" she offers with a small smile. it'd be easy to send an envoy if not herself, and here was a chance to make a good impression on what seemed to be their closest neighbors. 

and then she's off, angling in the direction of the emberwood.