Whitefish River i should probably fucking transfer
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
All Welcome 
backdated to the 28th. hope this location is ok! I'll edit if needed
@Evergreen

Perhaps it would have been wiser to return to Courtfall. There were wolves willing to help him, food at his disposal, and most importantly herbs to ease the pain. But Cupid had strayed from the path he took last time. He was already feeling awful after everything with Mal, being stuck on that mountaintop wouldn't make the situation any better. 

He crossed paths with a river that had been surrounded by thick mud. Add snow to the equation and it made for an unenjoyable walk. Instead of turning around, he walked along the bank, looking out for any herbs that may have survived the freezing temperatures.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Unenjoyable indeed, it is still hard for Evergreen to traverse these lands but he is called to them nonetheless. He leaves the comfort of Winterbourne’s side for now, trotting towards the River in hopes that there are signs of it’s recovery. He knows he is no longer Count, and it isn’t up to him when they make the move for Kaistleoki to return home.
He moves along the banks, pleasantly surprised with a hopeful grin starting to form across his lips. They aren’t as flooded! There is promise! His tail starts to wag behind him, mud and snow dampening his legs but he cares not. It’s a similar feeling to fishing anyway.
Eve is delayed in noticing he isn’t alone, too excited with a renewed pep in his step, until mismatched eyes glance ahead and do a double take. Ohh! He slurs out, halting with a tilt of his head. Do… Do I know you? His voice holds a lisp, and the pronunciation remains off in his words, but he is structuring sentences as they should be, or so he hopes.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
It seemed like everytime he was trying to be productive someone got in the way. His ears flattened atop his crown as the man called out to him. Cupid wanted to ignore the question and keep moving, maybe the stranger would move along too. But before he took another step, Cupid looked him over. Realization slowly morphed his sunken features.

Meadow guy. It was odd that he remembered him. There exchange was so long ago and brief too. But somehow that scarred face had stuck with him. Maybe he was just delusional.

What are you doing here?
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Oh, so they had met! Eve’s still got a few screws tight in his head, that’s a good sign. Although name escapes him, it seems he isn’t alone on that boat. ‘Meadow Guy’, he’ll have to tell Winterbourne about that nickname later.
Evergreen, he introduces properly, You?
He ought to expect the question, but it strikes him as odd at the moment. Uh, well, he says, glancing towards the river. It’s my home, or… was… will be? Kaistleoki relocated further south from the, uh, uh… disaster, but we’ll be back here once it clears up. Seems like it’s starting to.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Cupid, he says, falling silent as the brute goes on. Home, Kaistleoki, disaster, something or other. As simple as the situation was, he barely grasps onto it. He was to preoccupied with nasuea and babies and Mal. Goddamnit, damnit.

Maybe you should stay down south. This place is a shithole. He mean5 it as a joke but his tone is flat and there was no teasing glimmer in his eye. The prolonged silence afterwards doesn't make things any less awkward.

I'm guessing this 'disaster' killed all the plants huh? It sure seemed like that was the case. Nothing but dirt, snow, and water.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Eve frowns in the way that it shows the disappointment of a parent in all it’s glory. Cupid, you did not just say that about his pride and joy! :(
I… It’s seen better days, he ends with an awkward chuckle, in hopes of lightening the mood a touch. It is the place that most reminded him of home, back with Oki and Kaisyn and Thistle. He isn’t sure if he believes in spirits, but he wants to believe her soul lingers at the tree he named after her here. He can’t abandon it for long.
Uh, yeah, flooding and rockslides. Winter doesn’t help. He shuffles his large paws at the snow. Are you looking for something? He isn’t certain how much is left of Speedy’s stock, but… she might have it. Cupid could be in luck.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
All this talk of nature's disasters has him thinking about the months before he joined Courtfall. Back when he was still traveling, the ground had shook beneath him. It wasn't anything that caused alarm, he barely noticed it at times. Had they been more severe here? Cupid put the thought in the back of his mind. Natural phenomena didn't matter right now, he just needed to get rid of this sickness.

I'm lookin' for something to soothe my stomach. It's been hurting for days now. He did not wish to dispose any more information than that.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Stomach aches sucked, Eve could sympathize that much with Cupid. He doesn’t put two-and-two together just because he’s never been perspective about that sort of… thing.
Kaistleoki has a healer, so we have some… uh, supplies left. He doesn’t think Speedy would be the type to say no about it, especially since Cupid is someone Eve knows—even briefly.
I could check? I don’t know what to look for though.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
God, finally, something he was looking for. Maybe this week wouldn't be so shitty after all. If he could just get his paws on those herbs and eat a few he'd be alright for a few hours at the very least.

They're just uh.. leaves? I guess.. That's the best description he had, not the best by far. How else was he supposed to describe them? Most herbs were leafy and green. Y'know what, just lemme tag along. I'll know them when I see them.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Right… Eve tilts his head. They all… mostly had leaves, and it would be a mystery to the bearish wolf. If he could bring the whole lot of them together, he would, but they were too precious to waste that way.
Thankfully Cupid doesn’t mind tagging along. That’d make shit easier. Eve beams. Uh, cool. With that, he leads Cupid towards Kaistleoki’s current encampment.

Do you wanna continue here or new thread?
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Cupid was slowly regretting the decision. He hadn't been the best at traveling thus far. The trip to Kaistleoki, whatever it may be, would no doubt be longer than it should be on account of his slow pace. But he'd walk a thousand miles if it meant feeling just a little better.
yup yup! new thread LMAO