the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
set on 2.20.20
@Lumiya

High on the mountains did she scream, and so did her anger be casted out in a sore attempt. The bitterness remained, and the fire remained lit against the many candles, but for now it stayed dim, and left the feeling. Down the mountains the fire-wolf goes.

Venture down and avoided, the smell of yet another pack had laid to her nose, and she swerved around. She was in no mood for foreign entities, they were not the fae's she sworn to protect, to be like her father, and to become the guardian she desired to be. A watcher, the fairy guard, yet now that dream is empty.. 

A ridge, it was not a way down. Scorch marks stroked the earth, yet it seemed none of the bright fires were ready to strike from above- it was safe. Olives leered out, to the forested area that was far away from herself. So far, they were, yet she saw all the taiga, a land that would take days to reach at one point. Would that be a goal?

What goal should she have, now that her meaning had been blown away? 

A empty soveriegn, with a dimmed light.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The fae had gathered and informed many that had passed through her fortress of willows, though still sought out others to convince. It would have been easier with the real faeries of the court, who understood their ways and the ultimate desires of a true faerie, but alas. She had to work with what she had been given, pushed by unwavering devotion and dedication that was scary to watch at times. Loinnir had grown unsure of her undertakings, but what did he know? He hadn't been there, hadn't seen the way the acceptance of the court had changed Lumi - for the better.

From the patch of willows, the fae soared up the side of the mountains she had grown to dislike - aiming for the ridge she had met Iolana on and the place that had the best view of the Taiga. It was there she stumbled upon a vaguely familiar coat, of fire, coal and ice - a blend of elements so captivating it could only belong to; O-Orlaith?
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
A fairy, she immedietly approached with a large and charismatic smile, a flame had bursted forward, "Lumiya!" She knew of the other who entered the courts, though despite not being born into, she enjoyed the other nontheless. Brought new insight that amused, and tales to add her own woven stories, However, she was unaware if the two could be counted as close, for Orlaith didn't count anyone as close. She remained as an independent gaurdian.

It was so nice, for someone of familarity in these unknown lands. The other of course would not know why the fire-wolf was outside of the previous claim, but she was thankful that the nympths are still out there.. "You ended up in this realm?"

Perhaps that is a purpose- to seek out what was once all within the same realm.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Ah, so she was still recognizably one of them. She didn't know why, but it filled little Lumi with pride and joy - especially when thinking of telling Orlaith about her plans for this 'realm'. She had no clue of the overpopulation struggles, nor the ones raging within her fiery friend - she only knew that somehow, her prayers for more mind-like spirits had been answered very directly. Fate was, indeed, a strange woman.

She chuckled shyly, not used to much enthusiasm. I was born in this 'realm' - though my true place of birth is far 'cross the mountains. She explained in a soft voice, a smile forming on her face she could not contain. Her cheeks started hurting from being so happy... That never used to happen before. But what about you - what are you doing out here?
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Ohhhh, so this is the place you spoke of at previous gatherings!" She heard the whispers and talk, and all knew Lumiya came from somewhere but she never knew where it specified. What a coincidence, that protective sovereign ended up within the same lands. Surely fate had whispered the prayers and casted the winds to be fated to here. However fate may have brought forward, but she wished it came with a difference price. Not a castaway, and an abandoned warrior.

"I haven't really explored it." Orlaith was within her own spite to truly see the place as it was, travelling up the mountain. With the appearence of the fae, it truly felt she left that behind when high above the clouds. Her olives briefly glanced toward the spires, before happily back down to the mistached one's eyes.

Though the happiness flickered with a rage, as it came back down from the clouds, and the candle burned to the brim, "I was wisped out," she gritted from refraining a hiss, "they became overpopulated."
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The fae grinned widely, nodding happily. It had indeed been The Wilderness, the Wilds of the Teekon - the place that had homed her as a wee pup. She had few tales to tell of the lands, just a few she remembered from early childhood (like the one where her mean brother, Venamis, had snagged her pretty flower and swallowed it right in front of her terrified eyes), but the info had stuck around somehow.

Oh - some parts are truly beautiful. There are vales and mountaintops - dense woods and mystical forests. She listed with a dreamy look, thinking of her hushed place among the willows. She wanted to show them to Orlaith, but not just yet. She needed to be sure she was up for joining a court similar to the one that had booted her - she felt like the idea might come across as restricting somehow, as her feelings, spat through gritted teeth, were quite clear. She felt wronged.

As usual, her brows knitted together in her 'I care' frown, but it wasn't faked whatsoever. A place as wonderful as the court, making someone as strong as Orlaith feel bad... She hadn't expected it, nor was she happy to hear it. How awful... She commented softly, but her thoughts turned hopeful once again.

Do you think - perhaps - that fate has brought us back together again? She asked. I ask because, I've been trying to establish a court myself. She was careful in everything she did, though even more so while bringing this up so soon after hearing about what had happened.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"I thought," Orlaith started, "I was a good guardian, but was I good enough to be casted aside?" She didn't claim to be the best, but she thought to prove herself to the court. It seemed she proved enough to the point they deemed her survivable upon entering the world alone; unlike the many within their hidden realms. A warrior to the fairy-folk, the desire she wished to uphold, but it seemed useless.

Perhaps though.. "I would hope so," the fire-wolf thought she would never see another, especially of familarity. Orlaith knew a few were casted out alongside herself, however she did not know if they posessed the same prowess she held. She doubted the courts would be that cold-blooded, but how they did her wrongly, she didn't know what to believe in. Nor', who she should believe in.

"Is your court like the previous? Will you too, cast me out in the end?" Emotions had taken over the fae, as cold words brewed from her flaming maw. She knew inwardly that Lumiya was not to blame, but as she too was a fairy of the realms, she could be the same as them. They were all she knew, and all she wished to know, and to push forth. Their peace, their warmth, was it just a lie? Was she too, a lie?

Would destiny be kind to the warrior?
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
You are a good guardian — she started, talking a bit firmer than before. And I'm certain any pack - be it court or otherwise - would be lucky to have you. Devotion was hard to find in followers, there always remained doubt - but Orlaith seemed different. Despite growing up, and despite having opinions of her own, she hadn't strayed from the court herself. That meant she believed in it and wanted to exist within it, Lumi thought. What more could she ask of anyone coming to join her?

She didn't waver nor flinch at the cold words spoken, and wasn't offended either. Wolves said cruel things when they were scared, and she understood. She had been hurt in the past too, scars fading into the night — but the warrior's wounds were fresh. She wanted to mend her, make her feel accepted again, but there was only one way she could hope to do it.

Similar, yes. She answered almost guiltily. But I will not force anyone to leave against their wishes — unless they've done something to hurt me or the court. Overpopulation was the fault of the leader, not their subjects. Yes, it was unpleasant to deny a woman her right to children, but to lessen suffering one had to make tough decisions. We won't have to, at least not because of there being too many of us. I shall personally police the amount of pixies once we get close to an unsustainable size, I promise... How could she make the pain go away? I promise I won't shut you out.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Orlaith had confidence in herself, she knew of her abilities, yet she felt distant toward truths she held. She wished so to believe Lumiya's words, but if so, why would the court she placed so much faith in, be so cold to cast the fire-wolf out. Her loyalty held so firm until the crashing moments, that fury and sorrow burrowed itself deeply- but only one kept reigned; her anger.

She had to breathe, hold herself firm to not run off and cause the chaos she wished to. The fae's were so gentle and kind, that she always sought help elsewhere, with the worlds of hunt, or the clashing against boulders and trees. The endless miles she wished to take, but even so, where could she head toward? There was always home.. However home, was not there. Their values of the same, their peace, their love, and yet how they handled affairs, came to bite back, "Do you swear?"

"Do you swear that? Do you take that oath?" Her chest sprung strong and she held high, olives scrutinizing the monochrome wolf. She had learned of their ways, and Orlaith enjoyed the small company she had, but being from the outside, Lumiya had different views then the court fairies. Though that wasn't bad, as in the moment, she had little to trust, an exception for the small wolf before the fire-wolf, "If you do," she started, urgency within a wobbling voice, "I will vow myself to your court."
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She had often been yelled at - and, as a kid, it had made her run for the hills. She'd cried so much at nights, she was afraid she'd drown. How could a mother be so cruel to her own daughter - something she birthed and nurtured and wanted to love? All Lumi ever sought was acceptance, but when she didn't get that from her own family (save for Revan), who else could she turn to?

She turned to herself. She found an inner peace, and had accepted that, yes; she was different. And naive. And maybe even a little weird at times. But there was so much good inside her too; she wanted to help, was always there for others and didn't beat herself down all that often anymore. So, when the fiery wolf stood taller and ordered her to swear, she remained calm. A quick swish of her tail and a raise of her head was all she gave.

I swear. She said sternly, a confident gaze as she looked directly into the other's green orbs. But if you ever size me up like this in front of the others, it will be the last time — is what she wanted to say, but sometimes things were better left unsaid to let peace remain.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Orlaith couldn't help but crack a fit of laughter. Thunderous she was, as she can see the other wished to say but refrained, perhaps for the sake of this moment of importance, and most importantly the fire wolf's anger and sorrow. It was what she enjoyed of the other, seemed to meek, but like herself, the other held a flame within. A sign of confidence within herself despite the world, being far more cruel. Perhaps it was perfect, for she to set up a court, similar, yet her own creation.

The wolf held a vivid, yet arrogant smile, but held a more friendlier posture, "Then I vow to you, Faerie Queen."
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She couldn't help but feel a little taken aback. Had she taken the situation a little too serious? Or was this what Orlaith wanted to see of her, standing up for herself and not backing down? The fae was confused, but at least her laughter had diffused the tension and calmed her nerves. She didn't know why it had upset her so much, be it the memories of her mother, the intense claim she was putting on the court or just generally not liking to be seized up when she was so little - but it was something to work on.

She waved her tail then and smiled - all forgiven. Thank you — for trusting me. She said, taking a few steps toward the way she came. I found this wonderful place where we could settle - would you like to see?
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Of course!" The wolf was a wind of emotions, her flame was easily lit, just as it was easily blown. She had been casted out, yet refound. It seemed destiny in the end favored the fire-wolf, and she, despite nearly ending in fustration of tears, knew something would work out. Her destiny, just like her father, and her grandfather, and those before them, has always been a protector, a warrior, and especially a guardian to the fae-folk. She had confidence in herself, and pledging toward Lumiya, siginified her new beginning.

"I hope you're giving me some-kind of guardian role. I don't do healing too well." Orlaith chortled jokingly.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Fade out or do you wanna keep going?

She smiled and, with a little nod of her head, silently asked her newest member to follow. Her own frame could easily weave its way through the somewhat challenging side of the ledge, though she took the easiest route she could find to make sure her friend didn't get hurt on their way over to her spot among the willows.

You seem most capable of handling that job, yes. She chuckled. I don't know why, but I can't see myself stopping a large intruder. She mused jokingly, knowing full well she simply wasn't built for it.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
works for me!

"I was born for it." Like how Lumiya would not be the best of guards, Orlaith could not see herself bending down, attending wounds and memorizing all the medicines that were. She was pleased by the turnabouts, finding her court, yet different. She truly hoped the other would not be the same as the other fairies, and even moreso felt more earnest within her loyalties.

The fire-wolf felt comfortable in familiar realms.