Blackfeather Woods People built churches for you, and fought wars in your name, and you did nothing.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She had never really thought much about whether or not she deserved to be happy; she had always just gone after the things that would give her happiness. At least until the last few months anyway. She hadn't been herself lately, and leaving Diaspora had made her feel like she could find her way back to who she was supposed to be; it had hurt to leave her son and Mahler but she knew it was what she needed to do. She could only hope that Stag would follow her eventually whenever he was ready. I don't know, she finally said. She had no answer for him no matter how much she wished she did. But I think I have an idea for how we can find out who we are, she added. She drew in a deep breath, nervous about what he would say. I want to have our own pack again, she said. Things back home aren't good. Taki stepped back, taking a seat and turning away from her brother. Sadiq lived with me for a bit, she continued. He told me some things about father and our family's pack... she drifted off, looking back to him and searching his face. He was going to be pissed when she told him, and she was afraid of what he would do with that anger. Father died. Sadiq said it was from infection from a hunting injury. She tried to be sympathetic for the pain she knew the news would cause her brother, even if she didn't particularly care that their father was dead. She paused a moment before continuing. He and mother had a litter last year but Shila took over after father's death and killed them the first chance she got. She has made things miserable for the remaining pack members. Taki felt most guilty about that. She hated what her sister had done and knew that things would be different had she never left. And she hated that her younger siblings had paid the ultimate price for her mistakes. She blamed the killings on Sadiq and the pack exiled him, which was why he came here. But I sent him home while ago to check on things because I'm worried.

I want to start another pack; a safe place for our family and former packmates to come to so that they're free from Shila, she explained. She felt like she owed their former pack that much. I think that's our purpose. She looked at him, holding her breath as she waited for him to speak.
Inuttuk
Common