Stone Circle I'm not crying; I'm just allergic to jerks
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
All Welcome 
If he had known the circle of stones in the near distance had an incredibly important connection to his family, he would be ten times as excited as he approached the borders. Instead, Timberlake arrived with heart mostly hopeful, though a little bit guarded. He'd come up empty since Whitebark Stream and was itching a little to go back.

But he couldn't. Not until he at least tried to find everyone, and there was still a lot of land to search.

His voice was slightly hoarse as he let out a call for the pack's leadership. He'd been doing this a lot, lately; he was more of a hunter than a scout, and the travel and ambassador duties were both beginning to wear on him. Still, Timberlake was too positive to let it get him down too much. It was a very important mission, after all.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Ahhh sorry I missed this! Please use @ to give me a notification when you start a thread!!

Valette stopped in her tracks when she heard someone howl. It was something that was part of her duties to meet new wolves at the border. The female turned around to the one that called for her. The female dropped her current task and made her way to the border. The female approached in a casual trot and her tail held high to show him that she was the leadership.

"Hello, I'm Valette the Matriarch of Easthollow," she spoke when she saw the male, greeting him. She usually mirrored the way the stranger had treated their borders and since he had respected them she was fairly friendly. She was curious about what brought him here to their borders.
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
No worries! I've been super busy so no hurry at all. Sorry about not tagging.

A stately older woman responded to his call, and he dipped his head respectfully at her arrival. She—Valette—was very beautiful and seemed kind, though not for lack of fierceness. If his family were anywhere besides with Dawn, he sort of hoped they were here.

It's nice to meet you, Valette, Timberlake replied, smiling. My name is Timberlake—I'm looking for members of my family still living in this area. Do you know Dawn, of Whitebark Stream? That's my cousin. I guess I'm looking for her brother, Sunny, and. . .uh. . .oh, yeah, his son Valiant.

That wasn't all. He sucked in a breath, lips quirking in a silly expression. Also, my cousins Easy and Dauntless and Winterbourne. I know, that's a lot of names. . .sorry. But if she knew Dawn, then perhaps she knew these names as well. She could be of great help.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
I was just afraid that you felt ignored!!

Valette dipped her head when he spoke it was pleasant to meet her. She didn't know that he was family, until he spoke of Dawn, Sunny, and several others she knew. "I know them all," she admitted to him then with a hint of a smile. After all the male just recited a whole list of names and she happen to be familiar with all of them.

The female smiled at him. "They are about two days travel North of here," she commented. "They have their own pack with Dawn leading it," she explained to the male. Valette looked over him. "Have you traveling for long?," she asked curiously.
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Not at all :)

His eyes widened at her response. He had hoped for the best, but this was even better than he imagined. All? he responded, grinning. His body was beginning to vibrate with excitement, and he nodded when Valette gave him the information about Dawn. I know—I visited her there.

Timberlake shook his head following her question. Not really, he replied. I came south looking for family. You're only, uh. . .my third or fourth stop? He couldn't remember. He was too stoked to remember. He was almost too stoked to continue the conversation; after a moment, he came back to himself with a little more solemnity.

Artyom—uh, Dawn's mate—said Sunny and Valiant weren't there, he said, face falling a bit. Neither were the others. Only Minnow, Sunny's daughter. Have you seen them lately? Silence fell between the two of them before an infinitesimal desire wriggled its way into his mind, growing with each second that passed before he voiced it: Did you know my parents, too? Pema and Shale?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled. "Well not personally but I've seen the wolves you just named. I know Dawn and Sunny the best," she assured him. Valette offered him a soft smile. "Oh you did. So you are not looking for her pack?" Valette was confused for a moment. She thought he was looking for them. Apparently not?

"Oh I see," she spoke with a nod. He left to find more of his family then. Interesting. Valette stayed quiet and then shook her head. "I have not seen anyone as of late. Dawn left with Minnow and Sunny. After they did no one passed by here. I thought they were all at Dawn's place," she admitted to the other. She was sorry that she couldn't be of more help. So Sunny was missing again? She wondered when the wolf would show up at their borders again....

Valette had to think for a moment. "Pema was a healer at Morningside, right?," she asked. "I've known her but I have not seen her in years. I didn't even know she had pups."
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
He shook his head—I already found them, he replied, but Valette had resumed talking—and he listened to her with some concern upon his face. If they hadn't come here, where could they have gone?

But it seemed Valette, despite their absence, had something more to offer. She was part of Morningside, Timberlake confirmed. He didn't know anything about her being a healer. He hardly knew much about her at all. Yeah, she had pups with my dad, Shale. Did you know him, too? He was Uncle Grayday's brother. He had never known Uncle Grayday, but Auntie Spot and the others had given him enough stories that he felt he did know him, in a way.

He sucked in a breath, waiting, and then let it out somewhat explosively. Oh! And have you seen my siblings? Their names are Padma, Radcliffe and Meadow. I haven't seen them in ages, he trailed off sadly, glancing downward as he let the scarce, now-fading memories of them surface.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had to really think hard because it was awhile ago. Sometimes her times with Murdock and Grayday blended together since they had been so similar to her. Both had been dutiful to Easthollow, until they were not. Murdock has seen his share of trouble as well. "I remember Shale, faintly. I can't say that I can bring him to mind in detail but I know who he is." Valette spoke to the other. "I know Pema was a fantastic healer. She stayed with us for awhile to try and teach us the art of healing. She was very nice. I don't know what happened to her to be honest."

Valette thought and then shook her head slowly. "No. I think I've seen Meadow, but only once and she was with a lot of the wolves you call your family. The name sounds familiar but I can't bring her to mind," she added. "I apologize that I cannot be of more help." She knew them yes, but know their locations? That was a different matter.
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
A small twinge of something like anger bloomed within him as Valette described Pema. She was very nice. Then how come she had never looked for her children? Why had he been forced to grow up without a mother? Timberlake figured that if she wasn't actually dead somewhere, then she was dead to him—there were no excuses beyond her bones in a grave.

Oh, he said hopefully at the mention of his sister. . .and then let his face fall again when he realized that meant she was likely missing, still. If she wasn't at Whitebark— It's okay. I understand. Thank you for trying, at least. He let his shoulders rise and fall in a resigned shrug. And for telling me about my parents. I don't remember much about them. My dad died in the big fire, and my mom disappeared sometime after that.

He'd found other mother and father figures along the way. There had been no other choice.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette felt a bit bad for not knowing more. She figured the expression on his face was lack of information she had. She didn't think the male would feel a certain way about his parents, or at least one of them. The female offered a sad smile. 'I'm sorry," she returned apologetically. Valette just nodded her head when the male spoke.

"Well, if it helps Easthollow can be your extended family. If you ever need a place to stay you can come to Easthollow," she assured the young male, though she wasn't sure if the male was looking for that. She still liked to offer it to him since that was how the female felt.
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Really, it's fine! he insisted, smiling. You don't have to be sorry. I'm really grateful you were able to tell me all this. And at her offer, Timberlake grinned further. That would be amazing! Wow. . .thank you so much.

The strength and kindness he sensed radiating off this woman was intoxicating, and he stood silently beaming for a few moments before realizing the silence between them had grown somewhat awkward. He chuckled, shifting his paws. 

I suppose I'll let you get back to your day, Timberlake remarked. But it was so nice to meet you. . .and I'll definitely stop by on my way home. Hopefully with better luck in tow.

He left Easthollow disappointed on one front but joyous on another. Wolves around here had been so welcoming!
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head. She was glad that she could help the other somewhat. "You're welcome." She hoped that if this male wouldn't find his family he would feel welcome enough to stay at Easthollow. She had housed many of Grayday's relatives. The female dipped her head again. "Alright, you take care on your search then," she returned to the other. When the male left, Valette watched him go for a moment, then she went back to her own duties.

- end-