Moonspear Kings fight for empires, madmen for applause.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He waited. Fur serrated by emotion, by the tumult of the battle's afterglow. The trees swayed calmly beneath a spring breeze. He paced. They whispered overhead, and he thought for a split second - addled by his injury perhaps - that he heard his mother's voice. The forest around him was quiet and still, until it wasn't. As a shadow became corporeal, he saw his mother's eyes — and hearing his sister's voice, her scathing words so well spoken that they lanced through him, Revui stopped.

Did you leave him behind? She wanted to know.

He fell. cut his own voice, sharper now than before, but still as bestial, slurring.

He was breathing when I left him. Revui adds after a breath of his own, and stares hard at his sister, his face wrought in a frown that likened him closely to their dead father. So serious, so angry, so prideful. He tried to take what was mine. He spoke of Ying, of the arrangement that had been formed and promised to him. All that Hydra had wanted - and Revui had tried to make it real only to find resistance, and now she would admonish him for how he handled things?

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kings fight for empires, madmen for applause. - by Revui (Ghost) - March 19, 2020, 03:39 PM