Moonspear blood makes atonement for one's life
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He recalled why she was here as she outlined it again for him, but that changed nothing. The intensity with which he watched her was unabated, even while she dropped her own eyes and could not lift them; his ears twisted at the sound of something moving distantly but cupped forwards to hear her stuttering over her words, and finally Revui's stare broke. He huffed and shook his head, wanting nothing more than to silence her as she spoke of his brother again.

There was a solution to all of this — Revui latched upon it in his mind and lobbed the words at her like a grenade. You tell me to seek peace and I have found it. I don't care who your husband is, he can come too if he is so tied to you. He knew even as he said this however, that Kukutux would never leave the mountain now that she was tied to it. She was wed in to his family; just another sister, now.

Still he persists: You know your children will never be anything, here. He does not mean to sound so barbed - he does not know that her refusal has burned through the last of his soul, that the ache he feels is a deeper betrayal than anything he's ever faced before. She gave you a husband. It does not mean she will give you children. This is her mountain and she will always put herself first. If you come with me --- they could start over in peace.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
blood makes atonement for one's life - by Revui (Ghost) - March 20, 2020, 01:20 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Kukutux - March 20, 2020, 03:17 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Kukutux - March 27, 2020, 11:58 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Kukutux - April 02, 2020, 02:29 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Kukutux - April 02, 2020, 02:52 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Kukutux - April 02, 2020, 03:58 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Kukutux - April 02, 2020, 04:26 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Kukutux - April 02, 2020, 04:57 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Kukutux - April 02, 2020, 05:40 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Kukutux - April 02, 2020, 06:19 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Revui (Ghost) - April 02, 2020, 06:27 PM
RE: blood makes atonement for one's life - by Kukutux - April 02, 2020, 06:44 PM