Whitefish River if you’re feeling what i’m feeling
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
Nice catch, he beams with pride, puffing his chest as @Winterbourne manages to score a small fish. The two of them started a training session on a whim—likely Evergreen’s talking, because his love of fishing is overriding a lot rn.
You’re still, uh, a second slow on the strike, he advises. In this case, Winterbourne had been able to correct it, but in others, the attempts weren’t always clean. Try again?
Working on wrapping up current threads!
207 Posts
Ooc —
The feeling of water in his nose and eyes isn't his favorite thing, but he tolerates it for Evergreen's sake. Seeing his mate get so excited is worth the discomfort — especially since he'd actually managed to catch something. A smile tugs at his lips in response to the compliment, but the movement disrupts his grip on the fish, and it nearly slips limply from his jaws. Unfortunately, his attempt to save it backfires slightly; he only manages to crunch it and then accidentally swallow it, choking a little as it goes down. Oops, He says sheepishly, hoping Evergreen doesn't laugh. He registers what he'd said belatedly. Um, yeah.
He turns his attention back to fishing, trying not to think about his mistake. Thankfully, his efforts are successful. He lunges for another fish, and emerges with one a bit bigger than the last — almost enough to be a proper meal. This time, he's careful to set it aside, glancing at Evergreen with a shy half-smile.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
With his long history of fishing, Evergreen has had plenty of clumsy events spawn—one of his favorites had been accidentally flinging a flailing fish straight at Oki, the pure horror on his face when it hit his poor blind mother was laughable and the whole thing sent Kaisyn in a fit of Rage.
Winterbourne’s is more tame, in that sense. Eve just gives him a sympathetic look, and prays it tasted good going down. He’d been worried at first, that he might choke on it and need help. Fortunately, he manages and gets back to fishing.
Impressed by his mate’s ability, Eve cheers from the sideline with a little march in place. Nice! Better. You’re really getting the hang of this.
Not wanting to miss out on all the action, the bearish male slips into the water too, and takes his shot at catching a fish. The wait is long, but well worth it when he manages to score one! Smaller than Winterbourne’s, yet still a nice snack to add to Kaistleoki’s cache, or the empty stomach of a bear-like wolf.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Thank you, He murmurs, flushing with pleasure at the compliment. He's a little flustered when he turns his attention back to the task at hand, more so by Evergreen's nearness. So it's not surprising to him when he misses this time around, coming up with nothing but water between his teeth. He's disappointed, but seeing that his mate caught something cheers him up a little. Maybe we can catch enough for dinner. He says softly, glancing back to the water to watch for more fish.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Placing the fish ashore where it is close enough to chase any pesky scavengers away, Eve returns to his spot—prepping to go again. Winterbourne tries his hand, and unfortunately comes up empty this time. Still, Eve is beyond happy that he can share his beloved sport with him, and hella impressed by how quickly he is getting used to it. He perks up with excitement at his mate’s suggestion;
Yeah! That would be great, I, uh, think we can manage that.
Just to further prove Evergreen’s lucky streak—or perhaps, as he is gradually accepting as skill—the bearish wolf darts after another, a medium sized fish, which he manages to snag the mid-section of. Typically, the spot isn’t preferred, but it is better than nothing, and the fish doesn’t get away from his jaws despite it’s flailing attempts.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Evergreen's confidence boosts his own a little, and this time he tries a little harder to focus. His nerves calm, and eventually he spots another fish. This time his luck is better. He comes up with one a little bigger than what his mate caught, proud when he realizes it's the biggest one he's caught so far. He keeps a firm grip on it as he carries it to where the other fish are, extra careful with this one and even setting it aside slightly; it's his prize of the day, and his entire (brief) fishing career so far — and unless he catches something bigger, he plans to give it to Evergreen when they finish.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Standing back to observe, he spots the target Winterbourne is after, and holds his breath. It is a decent size fish, one that is likely to give his mate a run for his money. Fish are surprisingly strong despite their size, all muscle and brawn, but much to his excitement, Winterbourne reigns supreme and tackles his biggest challenge yet!
A sound similar to a low pitch squeal escapes the bearish male as he trots over towards his mate—unable to hide the excitement with the bouncy steps, broad grin and wagging tail. You’re so perfect. He declares, and brushes his cheek to Winterbourne’s side. Fishing can wait a second.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Evergreen's excitement at his catch brings warmth to his cheeks, and he can't help smiling and wagging his stump tail when his mate approaches and calls him perfect. Hearing it renders him speechless for a moment, so he simply turns to give Evergreen a few kisses on his muzzle at first. You're perfect, He murmurs when he finds his voice again, lovestruck and already forgetting all about fishing.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
So in love and proud, Evergreen feels the heat rise to his cheeks all the way to his ears a second later. He is openly affectionate with Winterbourne often, yet the outburst proved to embarrass him. Thankfully, the silver agouti male takes the compliment well, and returns it.
Oh shh, he returns weakly, and gives his mate a few kisses back. After, he grows further shy, and distracts himself with staring at their fish pile. We should, uh, decide which ones we wanna save for ourselves and store the others in the cache.
207 Posts
Ooc —
He keeps close even as Evergreen becomes shy and turns his attention back to the fish. Yeah, He agrees a little distractedly, sneaking in one last kiss. Thank you for fishing with me. He decides to focus on helping Evergreen with the fish after that, saving his affection for after dinner — when there won't be any excuse for his mate to escape the attention he deserves.