Haunted Wood We got innocence for days!
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Private 
for @Phillip. sorry for the bad starter i never know what the heck to write.

It was official. Hela's scent was gone, replaced with the many new scents of wolves who had replaced most of the original faces he recalled. He was out walking the borders and had made the discovery, wondering if he hadn't noticed sooner or if her scent had just taken a while to fade away. He didn't know how to feel about it, torn between the same kind of confused ache Clay's disappearance had left and relief that she wouldn't be around for him to worry about attacking him from the shadows. There wasn't much friendship between them anyway, more like him wanting to try it out and Hela being.....Hela. Firescreamer. Frustrated with himself he wished Clay lived closer so that he could have someone to try to talk to about this stuff, he knew the gentle boy wouldn't hurt him for the deepest feelings inside his head. Turning away from the borders he began to trek through the woods trying to locate one of the newcomers to introduce himself and get a feel for the wolves being added to their pack.
3/10 mastery
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Of all the packs that could have been ransacked, why did Rockhopper choose this one? It's a place of nightmares in his eyes; dark, ominous, strange. Full of strangers that were ready to tear him apart in an instant. The fear that had built up inside Phillip had kept him from doing what he was sent here to do. Thievery was the last thing on his mind; he just wanted to keep as far away from everyone as possible. But he couldn't stay hidden for long. His leader would be here soon, and god forbid Phillip shows up empty handed.

With much reluctance, he slipped out from the shadows and scouted the woods. More and more guilt weighed him down as he sniffed around for a cache. He had no desire to steal from anyone, let alone these beasts. But what choice did he have?
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Not much time passed before he spotted an unfamiliar face, a dark furred male who seemed to be busy familiarizing himself with the layout of Nightwalkers land. "Hello!" he called out his tail swaying just a little at his ankles, feeling much more comfortable greeting this man after having met Ghidorah and Santiago on his own (and they were pretty intimidating). "You looking around or can I help you with anything?" silver eyes peered questioningly at the other as he tried out a new method, offering his knowledge as Warlord to the newcomers so they could settle in faster.  

Crappy first thing in the morning post
3/10 mastery
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
He should've waited a bit longer to start snooping. Midnight would've been the perfect time for this. Everyone would be asleep, and he could do his job without the fear of being caught. It's too late for that now. Anyone could bump into him at this hour, and that's just what happened.

AHH! He spun around to face the man who greeted him. He seemed friendly enough, but no amount of kindness would put Phillip at ease. Hi, I was just, um... he gulped and tucked his tail between his legs. Looking! for. nothing... Nice. Way to stay inconspicuous. He straightened himself up as best he could.

What was he trying to say? Oh right. I was just walking around. Y-yknow, trying to familiarize myself with the place?
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The friendly approach didn't go as planned and the boy reacted as if he'd been about to be attacked whirling around with a shout before beginning to ramble nervously barely making any sense. Flicking an ear and snorting he stared the boy down "Looking for nothing?" he repeated and then gave a small skeptical "hmm" as an explanation was given that he was looking around the territory. "Guess that's normal enough. What's your name?" he asked curiously and then in a slightly judgemental way "Why'd you choose Nightwalkers?" keeping Clarence's advice to be open to having wolves who didn't fight he wasn't trying to be too judgy right off the bat but he wanted warriors, he wanted to keep the majority of Nightwalkers full of capable soldiers. And...this kid looked like he would faint if Valour dared to try to jump and spook him.
3/10 mastery
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
That's it, it's over. Phillip talked too much and now this guy would see right through him, he just knew it. Might as well start running now, save him a few wounds. He braced himself for impact, but he wasn't attacked. Just more questions. He didn't know which was worse.

Um, my name's Seagull. It was so strange to say that and it made him feel bad. Lying just wasn't his thing. I-I dunno. I just wanted a place to stay and this place seems ok.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Seagull.

Valour didn't comment on the name. He truly felt like an asshole for being suspicious based off of fear and a weird name but he couldn't imagine anyone who was a scaredy cat being desperate enough for a pack around here that they'd join Nightwalkers and...Seagull here seemed pretty scared. "This isn't just some place to stay" his tone dropped a level in friendliness, eyes narrowing "Can you fight? That's a mandatory skill here. How about hunting? We have kids to feed before anyone else" he said all this as a challenge, testing to see whether or not this trembling mass of fur and flesh would actually be worth keeping around and paying any mind to. 

Poor bean omg it's hard to write being mean to Phillip
3/10 mastery
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
More and more questions were thrown his way. They made his heart leap out of his chest. Fighting was mandatory he says, a requirement that wasn't bought to his attention before. Phillip swallowed nervously. He didn't know a thing about fighting! And he didn't want to know anything. His passive way of life may get him into trouble at times, but it's comfortable to him at this point. Oh and hunting, he wasn't very good at that either. What should he say now?

I-I don't know h-how to fight. I didn't know we- I didn't- He glanced around wildly as he tried to think of a suffice answer. I'll learn though. I p-promise! And I can hunt too.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Even with a good mood happening the small trickle of aggravation grew into a simmering anger as the boy suddenly got that look prey did when cornered. Who the absolute hell had accepted this guy? It wasn't a matter of weakness even though that was also judgement passed, it was the fact that he already had enough work to do without having to figure out what jobs to give the wolves who didn't quite fit. Wolves like this guy and Clarence who would probably tuck their tails and get slaughtered in a fight. As Seagull began to stammer, stating that they couldn't fight his eye actually twitched a little and he exhaled through his nostrils looking away as he tried to reign in the urge to chase him out if only for his own good. This was not a home for the soft, it wasn't a shelter of protection or a respite for the lost. It was Nightwalkers a dark wood haunted by phantoms and demons with filthy morals. 

It was only the promise to learn tossed desperately that caused a crack in the ice cold demeanor he'd taken. Returning his eyes to the boy's face he gave him a dubious but considerate once over "You'll hunt then for now but I want you to start sparring, I'll come find you again in a week and see where you're at" his decision fell mercilessly though he felt a chill as he wondered if he had just been too much like Vengeance, demanding blood where there wasn't need. Ears flicking as he seemed to deflate a little "We have children growing and newborns to protect, I can't let freeloaders in and especially can't take in any more defenseless wolves" he was still angry but god he didn't want to be a total asshole so he tossed in "We aren't bad guys so stop shaking okay? It really pisses me off"  it was meant to be a joke half a smile forming on his maw as he continued "Try to find Clarence, he's a good guy. Really kind" he said the word 'kind' awkwardly as if he wasn't sure if it was a compliment and fell silent giving Seagull a chance to respond.
3/10 mastery
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
A week? he squeaked. Phillip had never fought anyone in his life, never even thought about it. Now he's expected to fight this man on such short notice. No sir, he couldn't do it! But he had to. He had to keep his spot in this forest by any means necessary, even if that meant going far beyond his comfort zone. O-ok..

His attempt to lighten the mood just makes Phillip even more scared, because of course he takes it 100% seriously. S-sorry! He planted his feet firmly on the ground to make his shaking less obvious. It doesn't help much.

Oh, yeah I-I met him before. Back at the border. He was the first wolf I saw. And nice he was indeed. The only nice wolf out of the trio to be exact.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
"Jeez" he muttered eyes squinting in blatant disbelief at the quivering, squeaky mess. Shaking his head in exasperation Valour doubted the boy would prove to be very fierce or any good in a battle even if he did learn to fight. "you don't have to be perfect but you need to learn to defend yourself and our home" his voice was gentler though honestly he wanted to ask how the guy had even managed to survive without being able to protect himself. Intstead he focused on the fact that Seagull had already met Clarence and nodded "Good! Maybe you two can spar. He needs someone gentle too" there wasn't any sneering or judgemental attitude that time as he dropped the posturing and simply walked forward to brush past the guy giving him a playful bump. "See you in a week Seagull" he flashed a grin, eyes mischievously gleaming as he allowed himself a moment to just appreciate the sight of someone acting like he was a big bad villain before walking away quietly laughing though it still nagged at the back of his mind that they had people who didn't want to fight. Was that allowed? Could he allow it?
3/10 mastery
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
He doubted he'd be able to defend himself in a weeks time. Hell, he wouldn't be able to do it in a month, a year even! Phillip wasn't good at much of anything, certainly not fighting. This was a disaster waiting to happen. Hopefully this Clarence guy could help him out a bit.

Phillip couldn't hold back a squeak when he was bumped. Y-yeah see you then. Just as soon as the man arrived, he dissapeared into the woods. Once he was sure he was alone, the yearling deflated.

I'm dead, he whispered, I'm so, so dead.