Stone Circle Showing the ropes
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
@Aislinn hunting thread

Valette knew the new female Aislinn was interested in hunting. Hence why Valette was going to check upon them how she had settled in the pack and if she felt like hunting. The matriarch trotted through the territory, she could smell stranger's scents easily as she was so used to the smells of easthollow and their members. The female let out a chuff when she found the female, in greeting and not to startle her. "Hi Aislinn. Are you settling in well?," she questioned the female. She offered the other a soft smile.
14 Posts
Ooc —
The young female hadn't met any of her pack mates just yet but she was going to seek them out in time. She just had to to take a few days and really let the information she had received on joint truly sink in. She heard a familiar voice and her ears perked up and she swiveled her head to look at her. "I'm doing well. This is all so new to me. Being in a pack, it was just me and my siblings and a few other wolves back home." It was just enough but she wouldn't of called it a pack.
"Common" "Inuktitut"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head. "I would recommend that you do seek out your packmates, Aislinn," she stated. "That is how you become part of the pack, we had wolves that kept their distance and they felt excluded. So I would say that I would like you to mingle more with the others." She wanted to encourage the female to be social. "I wanted to show you all our types of prey and what you will be hunting," Valette then announced, as the female had probably no idea about their types of fauna.
14 Posts
Ooc —
She gave a short small smile towards the woman. "I will be sure to do that!" She was sure it was something she could do. "It's gonna be a challenge but I'm sure I'll be fine."  She let the woman finish and she nodded her head. "Okay."
"Common" "Inuktitut"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at the female, glad that she agreed with her on socializing. Valette then motioned her to follow her. She would take the female through the territory. "So what big game have you hunted before?,' she asked the other. Then at least she would get a sense of what the female knew and what she didn't/ Valette had taught many over the years, including her own children.

She walked with the girl to the stone circle. From there they could usually see the bison. She hoped that they were around today as it was still a moment walk away. It was curious to think that Kiran had pups. Valette wasn't sure if she had heard Kiran about them. But the female was here now, and hopefully, she would contribute to Easthollow.
14 Posts
Ooc —
She hadn't been much in the hunting and back home she helped wherever she could and she thought about the question hard. "Back home the biggest thing I hunted was caribou, my father kept me and my siblings away from anything bigger." He was a little over protective but she adored him. She walked with the woman and looked at the stones in awe. She had never seen anything like it before.
"Common" "Inuktitut"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette slowly nodded when then female spoke about Caribou. She raised her brow since she felt they were pretty large compared to a roe deer, though perhaps smaller than a full-sized Elk. The female slowly nodded. "Alright. So I assume you know the basics then," she stated. This was good since she would not have to start completely from scratch.

Valette stepped into the stone circle. "This is Stone Circle, the center of our territory and very important to our pack," she explained. 'Each stone has a meaning, and stands for someone who passed." Then she realized. "Your mother lies here," she admitted and looked at the female. Kiran had been buried by the maiden stone since Val had been unaware of her being a mother.
14 Posts
Ooc —
The girl nodded at her question and walked on with her. She looked at each of the stones and when she spoke of her mother she gave a small sigh before looking to the woman. "W..." she tried to figure out whether she should ask the question but goes ahead anyway. "What was she like?" Perhaps they could tell her stuff her dad was unable to.
"Common" "Inuktitut"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette turned to the side, not really expecting this question. She realized she should have expected it though. The girl would want answers about her mother. "Well, she was very dutiful," she commented. "Always eager to help," she added. Valette realized she had known little about Kiran, they hadn't done a whole lot together. Valette looked at Aislinn. "To be honest with you, I didn't know her that well after all. She kept mostly to herself, at least, was not as social to me, since we did not do a lot together. She was there at pack meetings but then she never said too much or about what she was feeling so I can't really speak about how she was as a wolf," she stated then. "Though I feel like she never had any problems and did help to solve the ones that were part of Easthollow as a pack. She was a good wolf, I only disliked that she randomly left," she admitted. Other than that Valette's image of the female was fairly neutral. Not amazing friends but also not someone to be irritated by.
14 Posts
Ooc —
She listened carefully as she explained who her mother was or at least what she knew about her and at least she got something and nothing at all. The girl had a general sense of who she was. She stared at the stone the woman said her mother was buried under for a moment. "It's good to know she was a nice wolf." She only wished she could meet her but that couldn't happen and she knew it.
"Common" "Inuktitut"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Hi, could you possibly write more about Aislinn? :) Each post is only a few sentences and there is little for me to respond to with Val. What would Aislinn's expressions be like? Now I need to keep assuming things and I would hate to assume something that wasn't in line with your character/your vision for her.

Valette watched the other female. The other never really said or did much. Valette frowned slightly when the other spoke, it felt monotone. Was there emotion she couldn't really tell. Maybe the female was upset with her for not knowing more. Perhaps, she should have been more invested in her packmates but Kiran hadn't been the most social wolf. Valette cleared her throat. "As I said, I wish I knew more," she stated in returned, her tone of voice pretty clear that she was sorry about it. She always wished to help others after all.

Valette then moved more to the edge of the stone circle, the side that looked over the field. She wanted to continue with the lesson after all that was why she called the female. "Do you know what that big game is over there in the fields?," she asked the other. Wondering if the other had even seen bison before. They weren't that common, at least not in Teekon. Perhaps more outside the wilds but she wasn't really sure. "If so what can you tell me about them?" Even if she didn't know the bison she could always analyze the prey animal. It would give her a sense of her analytic skills.