Stone Circle My family, my home.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
The cloudy sky masked the sun's rays as Steph paused on the borders of her home. Home. It had been far too long since she had been here, but her love for Stone Circle had never waivered. She took a moment to breathe in the scents, some familiar, her mother and Greyback. Others were new. Her tail waved softly by her hocks, her ears perked as excitement spread through her veins. She expected nothing less than to be welcomed back. There were no doubts in her mind, because these wolves were her family. 

However long she had been gone, she still understood that there were certain social norms that must be followed. Technically, she was not part of this pack since she had been gone. It hadn't been her intent, of course, but fate had other plans for her winter, and it showed in her body. She was thin, and the winter coat that hid it a few months ago was gone now. It was obvious her muscles weren't as toned as they should be, and her abdomen was sunk in due to lack of nourishment. But her green eyes were as bright as ever as she looked over Easthollow. Her fight for life had not diminished her vibrant spirit, and her will to live was no less strong. It had all been for this moment; it had all been to come home. 

She lifted her head back and pointed her snout towards the clouds and called for @Valette. Her voice wasn't as strong as it used to be, but she hoped her mother recognized it all the same. Her call faded into the air, and she waited with baited breath, ears perked and eyes searching for Valette's form to appear.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Tag for visibility :)

Valette was snuggled against @Greyback when she heard the howl. She jumped up all of a sudden when hearing it. She had been dozing really and for a moment she thought she imagined it. Steph. She blinked as her world was swimming around her. She had gotten up too fast. She checked with the male if the howl was real, and as soon as she got a confirmation the female was sprinting to the borders like an arrow from a bow. She barely could avoid the trees, glad to reach the open plains so she could go into a full gallop. Valette would always remember her children's howls. Always.

"STEEPPPHHHH," she called out from afar. Valette was starting to hit the breaks as she didn't want to crash into her daughter. She managed to slow down enough to smoothly take her in her embrace. "My daughter," she breathed. She had been her first. God, look at her, such an adult. Valette greeted her with whines and kisses. She nosed through her fur that had lost all scent of Easthollow. She had been gone soon. "You're back!," she spoke as she stepped back. She did look a little thin. She liked to see her daughter fatter but at least she was alive and kicking.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It didn't take long before her eyes caught a glimpse of Valette. Steph's tail went from a soft wag to a whirlwind at her back end. She pranced in place, barking out her excitement to see her mother. She wanted to run to her, but she knew even the daughter of the Alpha needed to respect the borders of her territory. It was even hard to, however, when her mother called out for her.

For a moment, she thought Valette would barrel into her, and she tensed her body in anticipation. But her mother was fully in control of herself, and the embrace was much softer. She returned the whines and kisses, her tongue licking over Valette's nose, face and neck. 

When her mother stepped back, a mile-wide smile was plastered to Steph's maw. She nodded, confirming her mother's words. I am, she responded. How are you? How is everyone? she asked, hoping they were all alright.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled when the other asked about them. "Lots of things happened of course. But we are good. The pups from last year are all grown but I expect Greyback and I will have some more this year," she grinned. It felt silly to recap all that happened, and she rather wanted to talk about Steph and where she had been.

'Where have you been! Sunny was here and you weren't and I was so worried something happened? What happened?," she asked, so curious about what the female had been up to. "I expected you to be fine of course," Valette returned. "But it is good to see proof."
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Inwardly, Steph was a little sad that she had missed most of her brother's and sister's first year of life, but she would make sure she didn't miss any more. And then new babies?! I'm so happy for you and Greyback, she said with a smile. Truly, she was so happy for her mother that she had found a male worth his while, and one who didn't run off. Steph had been worried about that last year, but it seems her fears were unfounded. 

Her ears and expression perked up when Valette mentioned Sunny. And then it fell when she realized he wasn't here any longer. We got separated, and then I got lost in unfamiliar territory. I was injured a couple months back, and have been slowly healing and looking for home since, she explained quickly. Is Sunny nearby? she asked hopefully. Was he still interested in her? Did he move on? Did he have another mate? She certainly wouldn't blame him if he did.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette beamed and nodded. She knew that she didn't have a great track record with mates but she knew she was going to grow old with Greyback. She could just feel it. Then again, Greyback was already pretty old. She had been older as well. Her last litter did take a lot out of her but she bounced back and she had a heat, so the female was pretty keen on experiencing the first signs of being pregnant once more.

Valette slowly nodded understandingly. "How awful. I am sorry you got lost and injured. I wish I could have been there for you," she admitted. Valette's expression then grew graver. "Last time I saw him he went with Dawn. She started a new pack Whitebark Stream. It is up North from here. But... Steph... Last time I saw Sunny he lost his memory, he didn't remember anything," she told her gently. "I don't know how he is now," she admitted.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She understood the worry that Valette had for her. Steph simply smiled and said softly, You were there with me, Momma. How would I be standing here any other way? Her Mom had taught her the majority of what she knew, with the major part having the will to survive. She had thought of Valette every day, and that's really what had kept her going. That, and thoughts of Sunny, too. 

Her expression fell when Valette explained that Sunny had lost his memory. He doesn't remember me? she asked, her voice almost void of emotion. They had only just started up... whatever it was they had. And now it was already gone? Her eyes fell to the ground. She had planned on going to look for him, but what was the point if he wouldn't even know who she was, let alone their feelings for each other?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Sorry for the delay! :)

Valette smiled at that. Those were sweet words from her daughter. The female smiled at her daughter, it was good to know that the other got through her hardships by being reminded of her. But then of course came the sadder news. "I don't think he does, Steph. He didn't remember me or Easthollow but perhaps you had a different bond with him and he will remember you," she returned.

She was sorry for her daughter to see her emotions crushed like that by such news. The mother snuggled against her daughter to give her comfort. "I'm sorry it isn't what you wanted to hear," she spoke to her. "But... you are okay now? Do you need food? Of course you do. Come," she spoke and started to walk in the territory.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
No worries! <3

Steph would not hold out any hope that Sunny remembered her. If he didn't remember Easthollow, how would he have remembered her? She sighed, knowing there was nothing she could do about it. But, that didn't mean she would just leave it alone. No, Sunny would haunt both her days and her nights.

A smile reappeared when her mother "offered" her food. It didn't sound like she had much of a choice, but that's the way that Valette took care of her children. She knew what they needed. Steph followed Valette into the territory. Thanks, Momma, she said softly. Besides, she knew she was much thinner than she should be, and she needed to rebuild her muscles with nutrients. As if on cue, her stomach made a low rumble. Yeah, yeah, it's coming, she told it silently. 

Regardless of anything else, Steph was relieved to be home. 

We could fade here or with your post, if you like?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette took Steph with her in the territory. The female would want to know everything of course, and then in return would fill in what Steph missed in Easthollow. There had been quite a few things happening when she was away. She hoped that her daughter would eventually join her pack once again, but she understood now she had the taste of freedom that she would seek something else, away from her mother. She would ask Steph that when they were catching up.

- fin -