Ankyra Sound Once you had a hook and ladder up into the headless night
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Sugar. Raleska vowed to remember it this time; she grimaced as a flare of pain ran up her backside, a reminder that she was not out of the woods yet. When she opened her eyes, she saw Sugar had placed the plants near her. Any query she had about their purpose was halted by Kaertok's departure from the den.

It was strange how one person could light up a room, and then steal all that brightness away the moment they left. The den felt as if it were suddenly doused in darkness.

She remained bitterly quiet until Kaertok's form was fully out of sight and hearing. It wasn't fair. She didn't understand how he could come and go into her life and not see the waves he left in his wake; next time she saw him, would it truly be a good thing..? Or would he just leave her, again and again and again, until she finally wised up?

She shoved these thoughts down deep, redirecting her attention to the medic and the bundle of leaves near her feet. "Really?" She was surprised by the yearling's continued generosity. "I mean," She didn't want to sound ungrateful as she was anything but -- "I think I'd need the help.. so I really appreciate it. I don't know when they would be ready, though." Her attention fell to the children at her side. How early was too early to move them, and was she really fit to move at all? "I think I need a bit more time too. It still really hurts. What do I do with these plants?"
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Once you had a hook and ladder up into the headless light - by Raleska - May 28, 2020, 11:46 AM