Sleepy Fox Hollow Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He accepted her offer and moved to sit next to her. Neither of them said anything for a few minutes, the silence falling between them not uncomfortable. She was much too lost in her own thoughts to hear much of the life that surrounded them. She did notice that he seemed to slowly relax, his form losing more of its stiffness the longer they sat there. The cool breeze changed directions and brought ripples of lake water towards them, the tiny waves dissipating around their legs where they sat. 

When he did finally speak, it was to first offer his name, to which she gave a curt nod. At his apology, she shrugged. You did not disturb me, she told him first. Honestly, it was nice to have some kind of distraction from her life for a little while. And it seems logical to ask after someone's well being when they look as thin as I do—prying, yes, but also logical. This had the hint of a teasing look softening her stony expression as she turned her head to look at him again. I am not so easily offended anymore. She used to be quite the hot head, but life seemed to have beaten that out of her. There were still some things that triggered her wrath; nosy strangers was not one of them. 

I am Takiyok, she offered after a small pause, her gaze still on him. She too was interested in knowing more about him, but all the usual questions seemed exhausting; it didn't matter what brought him here or where he was headed. She wanted to know more meaningful things, but she was unsure how or even what to ask. She looked as if she might say more but then she turned away again, eyes watching the ripples as she let silence fall between them once more.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - June 17, 2020, 01:03 AM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - June 17, 2020, 04:15 AM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - August 07, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - October 08, 2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - October 24, 2020, 11:00 PM