Whitefish River I Fucked With the Forces That Our Eyes Can't See
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Pack Activity 
promotion time! Some fresh reasoning to work on those trades past just acquiring one! Mandatory meeting unless there is a valid reason to not make it (mothers and kids too young to leave the den that's you) we will be going by rounds so post freely! I'll make my next post once everyone joins/ next weekend.
attn: @Hieronymous @Connor @Howl @Speedy @Moonshadow @Emrik @Syrma @Spica @Raimo @Primrose @Nutmeg @Blackberry

The Count had a lot of time to think and it was time that she turned her thoughts into action. Her children were old enough to leave the den now, it was the perfect opportunity to address the pack without fretting over them, plus it would give them new life experience, even if they do not understand the topics of the meeting. It would be good for them to see more of the pack and start to learn how their easy life came at the price of the whole, not one individual.

As she had throughout the week, Ira nudged her children encouraging them to follow as she left the den. It wouldn't be hard, especially for her girls. They had been so eager to see more from the start. There was no need to travel far, her den laid near the center of the territory. Once all three had followed Ira would call for the pack. Compared to her last call, this one was more strict, for the information she was about to share would affect the lives of all who lived here.

The structure of the pack had to change, it had grown stagnant and left little room to inspire others to better themselves further. If there was one thing the Count strived for it was hard work with results that paid off and felt rewarding. As things stood currently, it was but a moment of gratitude when everyone had so much more potential. Perhaps she had read too far into things, but focusing on the pack kept her mind off the rest of her life that had come spirling down so fast.

Ira couldn't help but thank a few for the work they had contributed, the pack had truly been there for her during one of her darker times. It was time to repay them. She'd sit caring for her children, keeping them corraled until the river wolves arrived before she would speak.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
For Prim there was little effort to follow her mama. She was always eager to follow her or be around her siblings. She was getting used to being taken outside the den and explore new things. She was not quickly afraid of things since she had the support her mother. She also gained courage from her siblings. Usually her sister by her side, or she would try to be support for her brother if he was unwilling to go.

The girl rushed forward between her mother's legs as they were walking. She was running, though, eager that they were leaving the area around the den. She babbled happily. Prim almost continued running even when her mother stopped. She was quick to notice it though and turned around to check why her mother wasn't following. Her eyes widened when a sound came from her mother. She instantly tried to mimic it but nothing came out. She tried again, which mostly ended being a long whiny squeak.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Of course, Hiero was quick to answer the call. Changing directions of today's duty to go and find where Ira had called them all for a meeting. The burden of keeping her secret safe of the missing pup was heavy, but he kept it regardless and did what he could to keep a cheerful face despite him still to this day trying to find any trace of the young man as he could. No fur or prints found, it was hard to ask anyone to sniff around for him and so all he could do was never give up.

Speaking of keeping a cheerful face, as the painted man approached the meeting place and saw the mother and her child, he smiled at them both. A softer, sweeter one for the little ones and a sway of his tail before seating himself for the hearing near the front - well, where the front would be without getting right up into the Count's face.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The titan was summoned once again much to his dismay but he remembered he had a duty to the pack. Reluctantly, he slipped away from the den area where his pups resided and made his way towards the summoning howl of the Count with the full intent on getting there as fast as possible. The quicker I get there, the quicker I can get back to the pups he thought to himself so that he would feel better about leaving Moonshadow and the pups. Once he got to the meeting, his eyes were placed upon Ira and the young pup, he was happy that Ira was able to provide such beautiful offspring.

Then, his gaze turned to the gathering wolves and spotted the freckled male that was Hiro. Still beaming, he approached the male and sat next to him and leaned his head towards him, "Got any idea what this could be about?" He whispered with his ears swiveled towards the male.
the beginning is half of everything
100 Posts
Ooc —
Ira's stern howl brought her away from the riverside and creeping to the scene, reluctantly. She had avoided most interactions lately, and especially kept herself away from Speedy's densite after being left to feel so lowly about everything before the pups had come. The twins went about their business without any of their perfect siblings needed, though it was getting difficult to just.. ignore it all. She had stewed on that all quite a bit, and still didn't like reminders about any of it.

Here and now, Syrma appeared, probably not without Spica all that far flung, and kept her presence on the down-low as she hugged the edge of everything. Ahead of her, she saw the leader, pups (ugh of course), and two dudes--thankfully, neither of which were Emrik yet. She already felt out of place and just glanced occasionally to the others, pointedly ignoring the littlest wolves, and wishing she didn't have to be seen here at all because it was inevitable that Emrik come. She just hoped he would get the hint and pretend she and Spica didn't exist.

Something about this meeting's summons definitely felt like business, and she didn't want her family upsets to cloud it for her any more than it already was.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
sorry for the word wall lol next round will be posted next weekend or when everyone's had a chance to post! Whichever comes first

Golden eyes dipped to her children, they were learning fast the importance to stay near. Soon they would not need her and would experience true freedom. Prim tried to mimic her howl with undeveloped vocal cords leading to a humourous attempt, but it was heartwarming all the same. Ira placed a kiss atop her head for the attempt, perhaps one day she would be the one calling the pack.

As the Count waited she found only a few arrived. Perhaps it should have been expected, so many were dealing with their own kids, younger than her own, and Howl was currently traveling. After some time had passed it became clear that the small gathering was all she would be seeing today and so she would begin.

Clearing her throat, Ira redirected her attention to the small gathering, Hello, I know we are all quite busy, so I'll try not to make this long. This pack was founded last summer with the idea of new beginnings and personal growth. Although I have found that we have made more new beginnings than we should have had to face and the structure set in place no longer feels appropriate. Ira paused glancing at each of the gathered faces to see how they might react. The changes she had settled on weren't huge but drastically different at the same time.

I have thought over our rank structure and realized that there has been a stunt in our growth. There is so much potential within all of you, but no way to recognize it past obtaining a trade. From today moving forward there will be a new branch of ranks, the Tradesmen, that one must climb before obtaining the rank of noble. Those who prove a skill will move to the Tradesmen and those who excel in a trade will be granted the title of Noble. Additionally, the ranks have been condensed combining the two trades that match best to keep familiarizing us with the ranks more simple. As such some promotions are in order. Unfortunately, two of the wolves she wished to promote were currently away, but Speedys kids were here. Perhaps they could pass along the message.

Her eyes centered on the twins, Spica, Syrma I understand that your mother can not be present today, but she will be one of our new nobles as a Physician alongside Howl. Both have provided great service to this pack and ensured the wellbeing of all pack members. Then her gaze flicked to Connor Connor. You will also stand amongst our new nobles. You have been the eyes of our pack and have assisted in many tasks that lay beyond our borders. For your hard work, you will now be a noble Woodward. May your guidance keep our future bright.

The previous remaining nobles were not present, but they would be shifted to the Tradesmen category. Perhaps with new motivation, they will strive for talent and continue to aid the pack.  I look forward to the contributions of all of you and our new young once they can stand on their own. Additionally, now a wolf can mentor others as soon as the Tradesmen rank is achieved. If you have any questions about our new structure please ask for clarification, but first I'd like to promote one other. As you all know I have been forced into a solo leadership position once more, but this pack was not meant to be led alone. I take only one seat of what should be a council. I'd like to recognize a wolf whos dedication has exceeded all expectations, even my own. He has been here for our members through friendship and labor ensuring everyone's safety. I can say from my own experience that his fighting skills are also worthy of teaching and leading should a situation arise. It would be my honor to welcome Hieronymous to the council as our new Constable should he desire a new opportunity of growth and a new chapter in his life. Finally, her eyes softened as they fell to the painted knight. She hadn't mentioned it to him before, but he always insisted on doing whatever he could for the pack, hopefully that meant leading as well. His help had already done so much for her in the time since she gave birth, she could only imagine what the pack might achieve with his say in leading as well.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
29 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
More the issue with Nutmeg was that she didn't get distracted and go veering off in some random direction because something seemed interesting. Siblings were cool, she supposed, but if they weren't gonna be entertaining, then she'd find something that was! So if anyone was stealing Ira's attention, it was probably the brown girl up to some sort of nonsense. At least on the trip over to where the meeting was held, there was enough moving around that she was able to be kept on track.

Now though? Hah. While mom chatted on, the girl had sat there scratching an ear and staring at random stuff. Words still didn't exactly mean much so after the blah blah blah got old, she stretched and got to her feet, then turned around and pranced over to a hole that some other creature had dug and stuck her head on in, seeing if there was something cool there since adult things were lame and was she really expected to sit around that long?
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
The girl felt a sense of pride wash over her when her mother kissed her. She did a good thing! She was definitely going to mimic her mother further. Though as more wolves came in the girl studied her mother and how she reacted to them. Once she started to talk the girl tried to copy the words but it ended up being an endless stream of babbles that didn't make sense.

Even to Prim the words seem to go on forever, the same as her sister. Once her mother started to make the same sounds over and over again, she had stopped copying it and start listening. The slate colored pup was not really that interested so she started to look for things that were. She eyed at her sister and then dipped through her front paws before charging at Nutmeg. She took off in a run and tried to pounce on her sister's butt while she was explore something.
the beginning is half of everything
100 Posts
Ooc —
She kept up the quick glances to make sure Emrik or Speedy weren't showing up (probably too busy with the perfect puppies) until Ira began her speech, which to the yearling signaled that this was underway. It gave her somewhere else to send her attention, even if the matters were a bit stuffy for her tastes.

All of it was pack business, rank ones--new beginnings, training others, working on trades--all that stuff. Maybe it was high time she seek out a more serious mentor, but when she preferred to avoid most things, thinking constructively on that did not come easily.  Anyway, Syrma didn't particularly participate much in this current moment, beyond being all ears. Though her expression didn't necessarily say so, she was attentive enough to grasp this, though it did feel like a lot of things that were above her still.

When the Count's gaze settled upon her, she couldn't help but sit up a little taller.. but it was about their mom, and her new promotion apparently.. which was neither here nor there for Syrma personally, just another fact of it all. She just sort of nodded absently about it, finding herself without a real opinion on that matter. Hearing about the new Constable, Hieronymous, was just another thing to note too--she didn't really think anything would change in her day to day .

Regardless, the messages would carry. She could do that at least. Besides that? She had nothing to really add.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
There weren't many here for the meeting, he assumed most were busy with their children or tending to more pressing matters and would hear the news that was shared through word of mouth by others who had attended. Listening to Ira, apparently, the ranks were changed a little to suit a newer start to the pack - which seemed fitting after all that has happened. To encourage growth, it all sounded nice. 

It was the mention of someone else helping Ira lead that caught his full attention, instead of letting his eyes wander mindlessly through the small crowd, studying each individual and noticing.. he didn't know them all very well, which saddened him for a moment, taking note that he should make a better effort in knowing more of his fellow members. Who would be the new council member he wondered? Speedy seemed like a fine choice, she and Emrik were here forever, they did well for the pack. 

He, good at fighting, etc.. he tried to piece it all together himself to see if he could guess who would be called and was surprised to hear... his own name? Straightening himself at his realization, he eyed Ira for a moment, ears at attention as he seemed to have a hard time registering what just had happened. Was this a dream? It was all so strange, and honour of course. With a thankful dip of his head, he smiled to the Count. 

I would not disappoint. He once again told himself.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota