Emberflame Ridge in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
The leviathan wormed his way back to the lowlands and he wasn't happy about it, but it was necessary. He had no sense of time; whether it was a few days to a couple weeks of exploration, it wasn't enough. The mountains crowned the land around him and all he wanted was to be a part of that. There was much for him to see between the peaks, many spots he wished to climb and creatures upon the range he wanted to challenge himself against. It would have to wait for another day, however.

He bitterly crossed along a patch of well worn shale, kicking it out of the way as he went, and only slowed when he found himself sheltered beneath a segment of old growth forest. The trees loomed at an odd angle, almost cantilevered from their roots. Revui investigated the broad trunks of a couple of these trees. He even tried pressing his weight across them - which was substantial - and they barely moved. He looked all the more like a stalking panther looking for a place to relax as the sun shifted through the sky.

It was here he was lounging when he caught the scent of an actual large cat, and he lifted his nose in to the wind for a few eager sniffs. The smell was stronger than anything he'd found within the range and he wondered if the creature lurked nearby; it excited him to think of the threat this creature posed, and how much fun it would be to face off against it. Perhaps he could appeal to Merrick with its pelt - but the Bruinwitch was probably none to pleased with him at this moment.

There were other sounds coming from within the forest along the ridge, but Revui was focused on the possible cat sighting and did not heed them. Something was moving behind him, and the forest subtly whispered of its approach. The wind was not in Revui's favour so he remained oblivious to the woman lurking just shy of his position, which was probably to her benefit.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me - by Revui (Ghost) - July 16, 2020, 12:12 AM