Emberflame Ridge in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He came out of the ferns after a delay and the pale bits of his coat had an unnatural glow, sort-of like he'd been dunked in butter or dusted with a butter substitute, and while this popcorn effect was minimal it did lend a sunny quality to Revui he'd never held before. A smattering of the same pollen had settled across the bridge of his nose; some of it was lodged in his nostrils and as he looked around he inhaled it, immediately sneezing. The forest floor shuddered. The ferns erupted in a spasm and then settled.

The girl came rushing out from where she had been hiding and slowed as soon as she saw him. That alone would have appealed to Revui; he liked feeling powerful and it didn't matter if that meant facing off against a foe in combat or merely frightening someone in to submission. He was distracted though. Another sneeze rocked the fernbed, this time with a thick cough to accompany it. The girl paced a little ways away from him and when he felt more stable he looked around for her - noticing her slender face, her narrow shoulders.

She was pretty - but small. His first thought was, 'I could crush you, tiny thing,' but it wasn't intended in a malicious manner (perhaps a lusting one). I didn't — I'm sorry! She called out.

He took a few more breaths and then hoisted himself to his feet, feeling sore where he'd connected with the dirt in spite of the ferns that cushioned him. Some fronds were tangled with his scruff, others stuck among his belly fur. He huffs and shakes some of these bits of debris from his shoulders and points out to her: Not a cat.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me - by Revui (Ghost) - July 17, 2020, 11:07 PM