Emberflame Ridge in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
For the first time - probably ever if we're being accurate - Revui was focusing on someone's voice and their words, rather than the physical side of things. He wanted to watch her face, but couldn't manage to draw his eyes her way. He wanted to stare at the soft plush of her coat but he knew somehow that doing so would only feed his fantasies, as already his mental image of Ikkalrok beneath him was bleaching to the pale rust-brown of this stranger.

Her name didn't sound real. He did not know what an eleuthera was and presumed he had been right in his assumption - some kind of flower. Some special little thing. Maybe he would track Speedy down and ask her what it was. Then came the slew of words that somehow served as a patronym: Shaktisingingsunlight. There were pauses slicing it up but he didn't heed the enunciation.

That was... odd. Odd wasn't bad, though.

No, I'm... Not. Revui hastened to correct of her assumption, cutting her off before he realized she was making a joke; like most verbal cues, it went right over his head. Along with his booming voice came a short lunge, cutting the distance between them in half. He was present here with her, and somehow had to make her aware of that.

Nowhere to be, and nobody that really wanted him. Kukutux had told him to find his own way. Ikkalrok barely spoke to begin with and she hadn't made a single effort on his behalf. Usually he was fine, he could toil away at his duties or go exploring — as he had the past week, causing havok in the mountains — but all he really wanted was someone that wanted him back. The look in her eyes was inviting, and the way she had paraded about moments ago had been enticing whether it was intended as such or not.

Where did you come from? He blurted as he loomed beside her, obvious in the manner of his stare that he was transfixed.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me - by Revui (Ghost) - July 18, 2020, 01:16 AM