Whitewater Gorge which i cannot touch because they are too near
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He was a little surprised that she actually remembered their names, but she didn't say she ever looked for Solomon when out on her own voyages -- she had more time to do so than Mal. He sort of gave her a sort of a bit of acknolwedgement for at least passing that low bar before continuing on. Unlike her, Mal kept from being outright angry. He wasn't a child any more, and again, she wasn't worth the effort even if he did feel like yelling. No, my mother disappeared, my father stopped being my father after the move. He was too busy shacking up with your parents to be a dad any more maybe. I can't say your parents ever even talked to me. Just what? Them blaming him when he didn't play nice when just wanting his family back? Glanced at in a meeting when he dared to stop by? That one time he told a stranger he should go away? That was about it. Elysium was that for the people in the little inner circle. Brillo and I were certainly not invited, Solomon got forgotten and left out in the wastes. Hell, we didn't even get taught to hunt and you're trying to make me believe that people tried? We were alone. Brillo is probably dead because none of these supposedly nice people even noticed my sister wasting away under their very noses! That was the peak sharpness of his little speech -- a hint of the emotion and pain. A controlled breath to bury it all. And then, evenly, We were neglected. That was the truth, whether she believed it or not.

Then swiftly he moved into a sort of 'well, whaddya gonna do?' kind of near-flippant tone, a sharp contrast to previous, But remember you were the one who started blaming me for things I can't control, for things that happened way before I found out. You haven't changed, so I really doubt you'd believe anything I say, so what's the point of me trying to tell you about my pack? He started to turn, planning on wandering off. It was a sort of surrendering smile. Mal had been proven right -- Elysium was a corrupt, cliquish pack, and how dare Mal rock the boat and demand fair treatment and love from the outside. They'd rather he drown. So with a singsong, Good bye, he started walking at a very casual pace, mildly curious if she was going to try and stop him from leaving to keep arguing. Or would she notice she was being a hypocrite? Probably not.
Messages In This Thread
RE: which i cannot touch because they are too near - by Mal - August 11, 2020, 10:43 PM