Seaside Moors Momma's in the beauty parlor, Daddy's in the baseball pool.
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Wintersbane's reaction to the spitting fury before him was laudable, really -- Raleska was unused to such a calm temperament in the face of wrath. She studied him uneasily, suspicion writ across every inch of her countenance.

And that offer, contingent on her accepting Wintersbane's rule.. Her eyes widened, but not out of interest. Raleska's brow upticked, a ruffle of hackles stirring along her nape. Was that how he thought he could win her over -- and, moreover, did he believe her loyalty to Aningan so flimsy that she would thieve from the polar wolf the mantle only he was worthy of upholding?

Raleska scoffed, blowing an affronted sigh between her nostrils. "You don't know anything about leading if your first motion is to steal from us and thrust discord into our home." Oh, she was getting madder by the second -- and the very idea that he thought he could win her over with some trinket of leadership? As if she had not been capable of climbing to such heights without him! Did he not know Raleska had lived under the thumb of more capable leaders for years now, and for more reasons than one -- she had no interest in ruling. Particularly not when it came at the cost of betraying her family. "You think I would betray my family for a title?" Cue more flaring of her nostrils, and hardening of her gaze. "I don't know where you come from, but this is Rusalka -- we do not thrust fangs into the backs of our kin for trifles like leadership or royalty." Not now, not ever. "You beat Aningan, and that is the only thing that keeps me from driving my fangs into you myself. But do not think for one moment you have a single ally in this pack." Raleska bared her fangs proudly. "You are a monster, to me. An infiltrator, an invader of my home and my peace."

Raleska truly felt torn. On the one hand, she wished to uphold the honor and rules of her pack -- and yet, on the other, her loyalty was bound deeply to Aningan, Rosalyn, and Erzulie. Not this man.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.