Whitefish River I Can't Believe There's Somethin' Left in My Chest Anymore
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
A laugh sputtered from the woman's throat as Hiero came to a standstill. It was clear before he even spoke that he was at a loss for words and empty on ideas. It was surprising coming from someone who always made up stories on the spot. Though after his admittance, he charged forward just as awkwardly as she had earlier while a new idea came to light. Ira tilted her head, a brow raised to question his response almost forgetting they were in the middle of a battle for the river. Sounds like a fable for a knight.

Battles and wars did not just end with peace and laughter. There was always a cost for the fortune of those that had survived, or so she thought at least. Not wasting another moment, she ran forward to meet the other halfway, and like the first time, it would be Ira who successfully shoved over the knight, though in a flurry of legs and water both would be unfortunate enough to go down. In the end, it had been a good thing that they moved closer to shore. The low water level was the only thing keeping both of their heads above the river current as Hiero must have reared back before they collided and had toppled over onto his back.

When Ira went down she had expected the harsh impact of stone or slapping current to catch her, but instead, her jaw slapped against a much softer surface. It took a moment to realize just what had happened, though the warmth of another body beneath her snapped Ira's attention that much faster. She had actually fallen atop the constable. The shock easily spread across her face as wide golden eyes stared with an owlish expression at the other followed by a creeping heat in her cheeks.

A moment passed, maybe two where she failed to find her own limbs to quickly remove herself. Instead, Ira was far more focused on the rapid beating of her chest and a sinking embarrassment as she finally tore herself away. Once more she felt Speedy's words nag at the back of her mind, though she found it hard to believe. She had denied the feeling before, but the way her stomach quickly turned had her now questioning everything. What was this?

Uh—She took a moment to clear her throat as she now averted her gaze and started trekking back to shore, I think that's a victory for me.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
RE: I Can't Believe There's Somethin' Left in My Chest Anymore - by Ira - November 12, 2020, 09:18 PM