Neverwinter Forest We settle down to cut ourselves apart
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Of all the packmates that could have stumbled upon her in this state, she was beyond grateful that it had been Mal. She looked up when she heard her name, swallowing as he rushed forward. He would have normally embraced her in a situation like this, but he stopped just short of reaching her—respecting her unspoken request for space while she tried to heal. Of course he was, and she had taken him for granted lately, something she felt guilty about every day, but especially in this moment. How was he not tired of finding her sobbing in the middle of her latest mistake? She didn't know, but she was grateful for that too.

She closed the distance between them and pressed her face into the fur of his neck. It was a few moments before she could speak, and the tears continued in those moments, making his fur damp as they slid off her already saturated cheeks. She could feel some of the weight of her heartbreak lift then, and she was finally able to draw in a deep breath. She sniffled and swallowed against the thickness of her throat. I ran into to Donovan, she said quietly, not pulling away as she began to explain. He informed me that his real name is Kynareth, she added bitterly. She sniffled again, this time pulling away and she drew in a steadying breath. He also told me that he— she paused as a wave of nausea rolled over her. Do you remember the woman he kidnapped? Her thoughts were everywhere now, but hopefully he was able to follow. I told him what happened to me, and he told me he had done the same thing to the woman he kidnapped. She started to cry again. He was a monster this whole time, and I was so blind to it. I'm an idiot. She was having trouble catching her breath again. Every time she swallowed, she felt like her throat was closing. I just— she managed to get out. I feel so betrayed and so stupid.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Simmik - October 28, 2020, 01:16 AM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Mal - October 28, 2020, 02:11 AM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Simmik - October 28, 2020, 02:41 AM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Mal - October 28, 2020, 03:02 PM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Simmik - October 29, 2020, 05:39 PM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Mal - December 04, 2020, 03:35 AM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Simmik - December 16, 2020, 11:14 PM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Mal - January 02, 2021, 07:06 PM