Rising Sun Valley the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He isn't sure what he'd expected — not an apology, and in that regard he isn't surprised. Midar still doesn't seem to understand what had gone wrong between them. It's nothing new. He'd gotten tired of it after so long, and that was why he'd left. But time and tragedy have given Alarian a new confidence, a new patience with a situation that should never have been given either of those things. He ought to have given up on this for good, as he'd meant to — but seeing Midar here now, he can't. He understands now that this is a bond he cannot escape; soul-tie, twin flame, a curse on the core of himself. This is forever, and he refuses to let his forever be what he once thought it would.
I had to, He responds, voice firm yet tinged with sadness. I loved you, and I still do — but you were always too controlling. There are things I need in my life, and you're one of them, but you stood in the way of the other things I need. I didn't want to leave, but I was miserable. He moves forward, closing the distance between them until they're only a foot apart, perhaps less. I don't think I can stay away from you. I need this — but not the way it was. Things need to change, or I'll always be miserable. And he can't handle that. Not anymore.
Messages In This Thread
RE: the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love - by Alarian - November 06, 2020, 10:36 PM