Sunset Valley I wish I didn't need you to explain
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She wasn't even sure what she had meant to say if he did respond, but it didn't matter—he was already awake and she felt the support of his form against her the second she called out. The safety she felt in that moment was both comforting and terrifying; she had learned the hard way a long time ago that she could never completely count on anyone but herself. She was afraid to open herself up to pain that now felt inevitable. But she could really see no other way. And the truth of the matter was that she cared about what happened to him, especially now, and there was no way she would abandon him, even if she was scared of how much they would have to depend on each other. 

The shift of his body beside her brought her from her thoughts, and she watched him move to sit in the entrance of the cave. She nodded as he spoke—they did need a plan. They couldn't just wander around aimlessly in the middle of winter and expect to survive. They needed somewhere they could fortify with just the two of them. He spoke of options, and she was curious about what he had been thinking about. But he wanted to hear her ideas first, and so she obliged. 

We need to find somewhere we can protect without the backing of a pack, she told him. I have no interest in joining another pack right now, she continued. She couldn't scrounge up the energy to go through joining someone else and trying to prove herself. I do not think it is wise to stay on this side of the mountains. Her jaw tightened and she got up and took a seat next to him. I love the glacier, but I do not trust that Mahler will leave us in peace if he finds out where we are. She hated to place more space between her and Stag, wherever he was, but he had made his choice and so had she. As angry as she was with Wylla, she knew he would at least be safe with her. But there is another range of mountains to the west; we might be able to find something suitable there. She met his gaze then, raising a curious eyebrow. Unless you have something different in mind?

ty for the kudos btw <3
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 21, 2020, 12:05 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 21, 2020, 12:27 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 21, 2020, 10:43 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 21, 2020, 11:29 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 22, 2020, 12:42 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 22, 2020, 01:09 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 22, 2020, 01:48 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 22, 2020, 02:15 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 23, 2020, 12:45 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 23, 2020, 01:38 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 23, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 23, 2020, 11:11 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 24, 2020, 01:24 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 24, 2020, 07:32 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 25, 2020, 12:52 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 25, 2020, 05:34 PM