1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Limit Two 
Time: December 9th, 2020 - 1 AM 
Tagging: @Abaddon 

Night patrols were definitely more peaceful than those done in the daylight. Though there was more chance of running into an intruder to blindside and throw around during the day...sometimes the quiet of the darkness was comforting. 

Never one to purposefully leave any stone unchecked, the behemoth was now in the sweep of forest just outside the Strath, eyes burning through the shadows. In the silence draped over the area, one might imagine hearing some sort of burning sizzle or something upon meeting her gaze. 

The smell of blood soon met her nose. A barely noticeable trace at first, but slowly growing stronger as she prowled through the trees. 
Curious and alert as ever, the Harbringer raised her tail and made to investigate. 
What, or who, would she find?
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
the blood prince
226 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I got a little too excited.
They struggled.

I told them not to struggle.
They got scared and fought back.
I told them to relax.

Somewhere slumped a poor lost soul, one who didn't follow his instructions to remain still and well... teeth found and bit into the jugular, a death blow... and one where he would not stop lapping up that crimson gold. Scarlet wine stained the man's porcelain cheeks, neck, and chest as he sat in the shadowy woods -  unaware that his sins had caught the nose of another who was quickly approaching to check out the scent. By now in this weather, the body would be getting cold, meanwhile, his ghastly form felt alive.

It's too bad, I liked them.

Little snowflakes danced around in the dimly light woods, swirling in a mid-air parade until finding their resting place among the others on the ground. Despite how easily he blended in with this scenery, the ghoulish man didn't look forward to more snow. Well, at least with snow it was mildly warmer than the bitter cold days of winter that lacked the powdery stuff.

He sat, tongue slowly, methodically cleaning whatever he could reach. Carefully preening the fur along his limbs and awkwardly every now and then trying to do the same on his chest - water, eventually, he would need to brave the chilling cold waters and bathe to get rid of the crimson before it stained a hideous yellow. Pointed ears caught the sound of approaching crunching snow, carefully keeping their position trained on whoever was lurking... maybe they would wander away, or maybe they would be next.

Desert was always nice.
New Threads: closed
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Being as white as the fresh snow, maybe Nyra could have stayed motionless and watched undetected if she wanted. 
Then again, there was always the possibility she still would have been seen anyway.

Soon enough, a male came to her sights. Covered in blood, obviously watching as she approached...
Those who did Bad Things™ usually went on high alert when another was closing in...
Nyra came closer, though not yet invading his space as she looked him over with interest. 

"Handsome, I'll give you that." The Harbringer finally spoke with a slight smile curling her lips, loosely circling the vampyric brute once or twice before settling to a stop where he could easily see her. 
"Forgive my intrusion and staring, if you'd be so kind, but...would you like some help cleaning up?" 
She was pointedly looking at all the bloodied spots on his pelt he had tried to clean but couldn't quite reach. 
"Ah! Where are my manners? The name's Nyra." the behemoth female swayed her tail a few times, as if her immediate flirtatious comment, offer to get really close and then her name was normal. 
It wasn't. It might've been a little alarming, but oh well.
Health (100/100)
the blood prince
226 Posts
Ooc — Noki
In mid lick, he held himself still for a moment as his attention was stolen away by another pale figure who decided to circle him a few times. He sat as still as possible. A porcelain figure in the snow as he paused everything he was doing to observe her. Handsome. Yes, he knew that very well. Those who disagreed simply had different opinions on what was attractive to them, and that was okay, well, for them to be wrong. 

Well Nyra, it's quite bold of you to ask. He uttered softly through grinning teeth. She was pretty large, dwarfed him really - and though he did not fear her, it was certainly something to keep in mind. She was not some petite woman for him to easily manipulate, he had to switch tactics for this if this was going to go his way. How can I be sure you won't do to me as I did to the last sucker? Quirking a brow he tossed it out in the air, how could he trust someone to come to near to his own neck knowing very well how dangerous it could be.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
At his question, her smile grew. A Cheshire grin paired with the void, cold burning of her inferno gaze...

"You don't." She answered simply. 
The Harbringer wouldn't say anything else just yet.
Health (100/100)
the blood prince
226 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She smelled of a pack, that was for certain. He could smell the group upon her skin, it was strong, unlike any other pack that he had encountered before. Packs seemed to come and go rather quickly here in the wilds, few seemed to stand the test of time and those who did were impressive. I think I will pass on your kind offer then. As cheeky as she was, he was not about to take a risk. Returning to his preening, the young man brushed her off as he turned most of his attention back to the spot staining his paws. Keeping his ears well trained on her to keep tabs on the large woman should she move in...
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I was so tired earlier LMAO I'm sorry ;w; 

Nyra hmmmed dismissively, watching him preen himself like some sort of regal bird. 
The silence stayed for a few moments before the Harbringer spoke again, "Soon, it will be harder for you to get your fix." She spoke with a purr, smoothly. As if she somehow knew what his deal was.
She didn't. But she could assume.
"Alone, anyway. Perhaps joining a pack may be of interest?" Nyra canted her head to the side a little, motioning with her head back to the Strath she came from.
"You're just outside our doorstep anyway." Another way of saying "You're already on claimed lands, so might as well" And yet she smiled softer than she had before.
"Besides that, if you join us, I think my Grandmaster would be more than happy to let you drink from anyone who intrudes with no intentions of joining the ranks." The glimmer in her golden inferno gaze was enough of a tell that she figured Donovan wouldn't be against it if this man were to ask.
"What's your name, love?" Nyra inquired, looking at her paws and inspecting them as she heard him out, keeping at least one ear cupped in his direction. 
They both had eyes on each other. Pretty sure they both knew it, too.
Health (100/100)
the blood prince
226 Posts
Ooc — Noki
it's all good!

He thought she would simply lose interest and be on her way, now that he was mostly ignoring her and nearly turning his shoulder dismissively to her presence. But no, not only did she linger and watch (and go ahead and watch lady, he was quite the sight to see after all. he enjoyed to be observed), but she spoke up eventually. Seems ignoring her won't do - and so he turned his attention back onto the pale woman. Head casually tossed over his shoulder as he eyed her with multi-hued eyes, half-lidded within almond eyes. 

Are you accusing me of incapable of surviving on my own? Mockingly said with a faux pain in his tone. The man even let his shoulders fall just ever so slightly to see defeated, despite how he truly wasn't internally. Do you think I need a big strong woman to care for me? The vampire's shoulders fell and rose one by one when mocking her, rhythmically so. Dramatically he threw his plush tail from one side of his rump to the other, flicking as he did so like any good drama queen would. 

Abaddon. And you are not the first to try and lure me in with such promises. This time he stood up in one slow motion, rolling onto his feet with grace. So what makes this offer any different than theirs, Nyra? He made sure to use her name.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
At his little tantrum, Nyra snorted softly with amusement, the gleam in her eyes making it all the more apparent as he puffed out his feathers. 

Two can play at that game. 

"If the pawprint left matches yours, darling.Nyra responded with equal mocking in her voice. A wolf version of "If the shoe fits"

"You can drink all the blood you want, but inside that pretty little head of yours, I think even you are smart enough to know that your fixation alone isn't what keeps you from dropping dead." She sat, watching him, mirroring him in his Drama Queen display in every way, plus a bunch, due to being female.
"Unless I'm wrong, dearie, and you think yourself special just because you're addicted to the taste of blood." 
This could go badly in a number of ways. Nyra just felt like being a petty bitch instead of walking away.
Health (100/100)
the blood prince
226 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She played along and the challenge was issued. Sadly for her, he wasn't the type to just give in. He'd play hardball as long as he needed to. And no one would out drama him in this shit show darling. Insulting someone you wish to recruit is a poor choice. He mocked. And you know nothing of me. So she figured out his dirty little secret rather quickly, that was nothing big. More than a few caught on rather quickly and it was only a minor annoyance eventually, some it was a gift, but this one was no gift thus far. 

Is your band so desperate for recruits you'd try to flirt with an absolute stranger and make empty promises? His frost fire eyes narrowed onto her, completely unafraid of insulting the woman. She wouldn't be the first or last he would. Are your standards that low? He hummed, rolling his eyes just slightly to the sky as he fraudulently thought over his next words. I don't think you are worthy of my presence if that's the case. he challenged her further by blatantly, rudely, staring directly into her eyes. A sharp uncaring glance just waiting for what was to come next.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He was opening up a lot of doors to dish back at. Not that she wasn't doing the same, but whatever.
At all his words, she cackled openly for quite a while before responding

"Honey, if flirting with you makes anyone's standards low, then that makes you a low standard. Perhaps you should actually think more often, hmm? It appears your superiority complex is making it hard for you to breathe. Or is that stench just the result of your head being shoved so far up your own ass?" Nyra fired back. 
At his direct staring, that would be the final mistake he made here. 
As soon as his eyes met hers, she was already charging. 
Fangs arced, The Harbringer went for his throat, also aiming to bulldoze him over with her massive size. 

Game on.
Health (100/100)
the blood prince
226 Posts
Ooc — Noki
There it was. He declared himself the winner of this little debate as she completely lost interest in the recruiting. Once again, just like Tzila before her, just growing angry at losing the opportunity rather than leaving with grace and hoping for a better chance another day. All these women simply burning their bridges and any future chances. 

Dumb bitch. He cackled to himself.

Not wanting to maim his beautiful figure, as soon as the woman charged - he dodged, ducked, dipped, dove, and dodged right out of there. Barely avoiding her teeth by arching his spine away and quickly slipping away into the woods on lithe, quick paws. Chuckling all the while tauntingly as his voice echoed in the woods. 

he would keep running until he felt safe, away from the surly wretch. Through water, down a creek and through scented evergreens. That was one way to get his heart pumping. 

End! sorry he's not a fighter ;3;
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All good XD

He ran. He narrowly avoided her teeth. 
And she chased for a while, but let him get away.
Yes, she let him. Nyra is not a slow wolf by any means. 

Once he was gone, the Harbringer snorted sharply, good riddance, before she turned and continued her patrol.
Health (100/100)