This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
@Cenric and @Whrist if she wants to come <3 

The Harbinger had decided to take a longer patrol this time round. At first making the passes she usually did through the Strath and it's surrounding lands. 
Then, she trailed west through the Sweep, climbing her way up the rising land to the Summit, where the white beast would look over all she could see from the highest point there, in awe. Looking back toward the mountains that helped enclose the Strath, Nyra gazed down over her shoulder, before looking forward again. 

Any company wouldn't be expected, but she knew there was always a chance.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
261 Posts
Ooc —
The black femme startled a Raven back into the near by trees, intent on hiding it from the pack for now, she wasn’t sure how they’d take to her prize she’d stolen from Raven’s watch. White blue eyes watched the white brute carefully as it made her way toward Whrist’s newest roost, the place she came to be alone while she attempted to train the creature. Flashes on beeping pinned flashed through her mind before she squelched them. This one was not from her birth place this one was just unlucky to be born white. It occurred to her that her problem with this wolf was that it reminded her or her sire.

Whrist worked hard to removed the distasteful sneer from her face. Her upbringing didn’t make her subservient to the white wolves, as they had hoped it would, rather it had done the exact opposite.  

By the time Nyra came anywhere near her, Whrist’s visage was neutral and her emotional turmoil tamped down. Nyra would soon know she was there as Whrist had spent the better part of the night mark and refreshing the edges of the packs territory.

The black wraith climbed a rather large yet comfortable rock placing herself above the white witch and stood in plain view. She noticed Nyra’s gaze and she too looked to the view taking it in for it’s beauty. This also gave her the ability to ignore the white wolf for the skyline allowing her to further fein indifference. She didn’t offer a greeting Nyra yet, if the other wanted conversation she’d have to be the one to ask for it.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Seeing Whrist and how she moved to a higher place made Nyra smirk with amusement, stifling a chuckle. Regardless of the shadow's indifferent face, the Harbinger more or less assumed Whrist had an issue with everyone despite not having any one on ones with her recently. 
Waving her raised tail once in acknowledgement of her subordinate's presence, the behemoth didn't offer any words as she scanned the terrain below from what she could see. 
Whatever the type of silence, Nyra was fine with it. She didn't feel any real need to speak to Whrist right now, especially if there wasn't a topic gnawing at her mind.
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Removed OOC from inside post
(Being vague about Sasha since it’s unclear if she ever will tell her name, waiting on her reply)
(Being vague about the captive too, since I have no idea which way that post will even go)

Whrist’s tail was loose and relaxed from the moment she had startled the bird and she did not attempt to raise it or test Nyra’s position. She knew right now it was not a fight she would be likely to win. Her eyes remained on the pack land as if she was looking for something, Finally she glanced at Nyra and offered a nod to the wave of the tail. Then she returned her gaze to the packlands for another minute or two.

She found herself remembering her conversation with the white wolf with that had a blanket of golden russet on her back. She wondered if she should ask… she wondered about the packs past history, she hated being in the dark. She had no idea how to bring up the russet white wolf but she could bring up the captive, that was something she did need to know in case it became her duty to watch it.

Whrist didn’t want to expose her ignorance to this wolf but she also didn’t want to stay ignorant either, that wasn’t useful to anyone least of all herself. She sighed and lay down turning her attention to Nyra  She lay her head on her paws but turned her head just a little and looked upon the white wolf with her white blues. If she was asking for something the least she could do was pay attention and offer a minute amount of submission. “Could you explain what happened with that captive? And maybe a few other things?
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior

"I'll tell you what I know, yes." Nyra agreed idly, turning to face Whrist as she sat down "I believe the Captive's name is... Simmik? To my knowledge, she's still within the Strath, but our Grandmaster has been allowing her to roam, it seems. At least as long as she's close by to himself..." With a shake of her pelt, the Harbinger looked out over the northern tip of the lake  and the fuzzy horizon line. 
"What else? You said there were a few other things, yeah?" 

Unsure if they would have any company soon, Nyra kept one ear turned toward the wilds sharing the side of the Weir
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
@Cenric still feel free to jump in I don’t mind I didn’t mean to highjack @Nyra

Whrist noted Nyra’s split attention and she too kept and ear out, if other wolves were about it might be best if they not talk to much about pack politics but she needed to know. She she lay on the rock she decided  to ask in as casual a manner as possible “There is white female that had a blanket of golden russet on her back. She says she has to stay with the Grandmaster because you will attack her on on sight.” Whrist lips quirked into a smile “I was just wondering if I should help?” She did not elaborate whom she’d help if it came down to it but she wanted to see Nyra’s reaction.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Ah, Sasha you mean?" Nyra's face remained unsurprised. Uninterested, even. 
She chuckled a bit at Whrist's words, "I attacked her once, yes. But her demise isn't mine to solidify." Which probably hinted that it was someone else's. Nyra knew who, but she had vowed her silence and would keep it that way. 
Hearing distant footfalls, Nyra turned her gaze slightly to the downward slopes of the mountain facing Southward.
Huh, nobody was there? 
"Guess I'm hallucinating or something." Nyra shrugged, looking back to Whrist
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist huffed impatient at her lack of knowledge, “Is there a reason her demise should be imminent? Am I missing something?”  Whrist looked off in the trees as if trying to spot anyone among the brush but really she just wanted the the story and to be done with her ignorance.

She also needed to find out where the captive came from so that she might defend against that pack. She needed to know if there were plans the the pack future , And she wanted to tell Nyra about her run in with a kastleoki,  She smaked her paw upon the rock and shifted her gaze to Nyra, and added “Then I might have just one other question and some information.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra was happy to answer her question with a vague reply "I promised my silence to the one who wants to kill her." 
As the silence stayed for a moment, she twitched her ears upon the smack of paw on stone. 
"Ask what you will, and tell me of your information, only if you want." Her tone told she was open to listen, but she wouldn't force Whrist to speak
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist sighed, getting the feeling she was being left in the dark on purpose something was off about this Sasha but no one would tell her what. However pressing Nyra for more information wasn’t going to reward her with anything further.

I’m pack dammit, I should be given some background information…” She grumped “ok then where did that god forsaken captive come from, are we expecting a counter attack? Is there something I can be doing to help piss off other packs?” Whrist asked with a strained grin
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra could only offer a small yet knowing smile to the complaint.
"The captive came from another pack, Neverwinter Forest, I believe? I don't know what her rank was there. But Kynareth took her, and now she's here. At the moment, I think we should keep our senses sharp just in case a rescue comes." she responded to the latter.
"We do have an enemy though. Many, but only one I can currently name. Ursus. They're in an encircled valley East from the canyon we moved from." Nyra offered this freely, looking upon Whrist casually
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist nodded thoughfully, tucking away the name of the pack, she could use the info later one way or the other.  “Well, my news is, I came across a couple pack wolves, Kaistleoki, I was in the Hoshor Plains Bison watching, It's Clearly not Kaistleoki pack lands, though they acted like it was. It would be fun to taunt that Constable and his subordinates and take a Bison or two."

Whrist grinned and snickered still finding it funny “I pissed on the border of the Hoshor Plains to let them know I’d be back. I was forced to leave that place, two against one didn’t bode well for a me, especially if there were more of them lingering

She looked to the horizon again and thought about things for moment before looking to the white wolf hoping her demeanour came off casual "Is there anything else I should know?"
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Listening, Nyra chuckled softly as Whrist told her story. Once she finished, Nyra spoke up 
"Buffalo are enormous creatures. Bigger than elk, especially in weight. I haven't taken one down before, and I firmly believe to kill one it would require literally the entire pack." The Harbinger noted.

"As for Ursus, they are our primary enemy from what I know. They want our alpha's head, as well as mine. We moved in order to put space between us until our numbers grow. Plus, the Canyon didn't provide as much food as we will need through the winter." 
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist threw her head back and laughed whole heartedly, until she hicc-uped then she settled. "They'll have a hard time with that. Maybe I'll have to covertly check them out in the spring I can get around at night like no other when there is no snow about."
Whrist yawned, feeling the sun warm her back "Thanks for the chat Nyra I'm not really good at keeping in the know around here"
She lay her head on her paws and closed her eyes, feeling more at ease with this white wolf then she had before, the fact that she was still on higher ground helped.

"Mmm" she spoke with her eyes still closed "Perhaps we should go out sometime and case those Bison" clearly still willing to continue chatting even as she 'wolf napped'
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
At the offer to go out and chase Bison, Nyra chuckled "Perhaps sometime. For now, let's enjoy our time here." 
The titaness moved to sit at the base of the rock, a silent guard of sorts while the wraith napped.

"Perhaps you could scout out Ursus once spring arrives." She murmured, looking out over the distant horizon in thought.
Health (100/100)