Golden Glade madmen know nothing
11 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Nyra - here we are!

Snow fell down from the cloudy sky, gradually covering the tracks Cian had left behind on his way into the Teekons. He couldn't recall how he came to be here exactly, only that he'd come from far away. Now, bare trees surrounded him in what must have been a sprawling wood during the swing of summer. Unfortunately, Cian was seeing it as it really was behind all of that finery--forgotten, cold, dead. 

The thought reminded him of an unpleasant memory, one he was eager to bury in the darkest depths of his mind. Vaguely, Cian heard the sound of chittering overhead. Some critter or other was speaking to him, and he thought he could almost make out the words. Fearing that it was about... that occurence... he shook his head of the noise, growled to drown it out, and when none of that worked he lunged at the tree where the creature sat, chomping his teeth at the low bough where it was perched. Of course he couldn't reach it--the thing sat too high above--and so he landed on the snow covered ground with nothing to show for his irritation.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
On patrol as usual, the Harbinger was within the winter-barren area and heard, distantly, the chittering. She also, coming closer, heard the growl. 
Perhaps some poor soul was being mocked by a squirrel? Nyra chuckled at the thought, her massive form coming through the underbrush close by, as if the barren plant life bent to her will. 

Of course that wasn't the case, but it may have looked like it given the authoritative air the snow-white Shieldmaiden gelding as her fiery hues looked at the strange male.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
11 Posts
Ooc —
Those eyes. As soon as he spotted them Cian was taken back, reminded of a time with brotherhood meant something to him. He was a pup then, and the jealousy and hatred that soon overtook him hadn't yet tainted his relationship with his brother. Looking now at the figure before him, so pure white she nearly blended in with the snow, Cian thought to himself that this could not be his brother, for his brother was as dark as night. 

The female was easily twice his size, both taller and stockier than him. She had weight on her side, looking to be as healthy as she could be in the dead of winter, something that Cian could not relate to. She must be with a pack then, to be so healthy. Or was she just so strong she could take down anything she crossed? Looking at her, Cian thought that likely. And in seeing her power, in feeling it with this initial meeting, Cian felt a spark of an idea. 

He stepped closer cautiously, only a couple of paces, not close enough for her to sink her teeth into but close enough to get a better look. 

Squirrel forgotten, Cian perked his ears hopefully. "I didn't realize this wood was claimed. I apologize if I'm trespassing."
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Watching him as he watched her, Nyra bared the tips of her teeth in warning as he got slightly closer and spoke. 

"Our official claim is in the valley over those mountains." Nyra rumbled evenly with her Queen-worthy voice, gesturing with her nose briefly to the peaks that encircled the Strath, the Morass, and the Bonesplinter. 
"I am Nyra, Second in command of the Saints of the Dying Light." She spoke further, fireborn eyes drilling into his as a silent expectation for him to speak his own name and what came with it.
Health (100/100)
11 Posts
Ooc —
Second in command. The words rang through Cian's mind, bringing with it hope. Hope for opportunity. He offered a smile, falsely innocent and well-meaning. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Nyra. I'm Cian. I'm new to the area actually, just a lone wanderer hoping to find a home here. My last pack was divided by a forest fire so I have nowhere else to go." 

The lie slipped from his muzzle with ease, with just a twinge of sorrow added in to sell the story in full. He could only pray this beast of a wolf bought it, against better judgement.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Wasn't sure if you wanted her to attack him this thread, so she won't for now XP

Did she completely buy it? Not really. Did she care either, though? Also no. 
Midway through his explanation, Nyra interrupted. 
"Cian. Nice to meet you. If you're looking for a pack, follow me. You'll meet my Grandmaster before anything is officially settled." She motioned loosely with her head before turning to go back to the Strath. 
Given his words and how she was, it may have been starkly clear she expected him to follow her.
Health (100/100)
11 Posts
Ooc —
That's fine! XD Maybe next thread. I'd like for him to remain with the Saints for just a short time, if he's accepted as a visitor that is! Should I post to the Saints direct thread log after this post? I can tag you there too, just wanna make sure since I'm still newb XD

She interrupted him and Cian had to resist the urge to twitch with irritation. He couldn't allow himself to show her any true side of himself, so he only nodded, the same smile resting on his muzzle. "Right behind you," he answered, following in her paw prints as she led him back through the forest. Cian was unsure what his fate might be with this pack, but if this female was as powerful as she said she was, he could possibly gain favor with her group, favor that he could use to his advantage. For now, of course, he would play the part of innocent wanderer, giving no reason for suspicion.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
yeah I'd definitely post a joining thread in the Saints forum! And yes pls, tag Nyra too lol, we can archive this here if that's cool with you :>

And so they went, with Nyra in the lead. The journey back would likely be fairly silent, for the Harbinger didn't really expect this man to talk more than he had. Even if he did, her responses would be animated until he proved himself to the Saints.
Health (100/100)