Hideaway Strath I promise I won't break it
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,139 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
Arlette's ears flopped back when she heard about bears attacking. But then she frowned. "Don't they sleep in winter?," she mostly said to herself. It didn't matter, Derg was injured and he needed to be healed as soon as possible. The girl came to the stream and trotted in herself. It was cold. She ignored it though. The river stained red but it also cleaned out the other fur, quicker than she could have done by licking. She went to work on his shoulder and neck. Clearing it with clean water. She didn't want him in the water for too long. So once most of the hardened blood was out of his fur, she nudged him. "Go to the bank."

She hopped out herself. Her feet numb from the cold, but that was good because that meant that Derg's body would also be a bit numbed, plus the poppy seeds should probably have worked as well. Arlette started to pluck and push her paws on the cattail and as she did so, fluff was starting to come off the bulb. Luckily there was little wind. Arlette retrieved the fluff until she had a mouthful and started to push it against Derg's bleeding wounds. She continued this till each part of Dreg was covered in the fluff. It stayed put because of the blood it sucked up and made a hard crust.

Arlette looked at her work, her heart beating rather fast. She licked Derg's face. He was probably cold. She learned from this that she probably should have tended to him in a den, as now she didn't want to start the bleeding further by having him move. She started to lick his fur dry where he would need it the most. "If you are too cold you might need to move and I need to re add the fluff where you start to bleed," she commented worriedly. Maybe she should bring him to her den. It was small, it would be a tight fit for two, but- that would keep him warm.
Messages In This Thread
I promise I won't break it - by Derg - January 07, 2021, 05:23 PM
RE: I promise I won't break it - by Arlette - January 08, 2021, 09:42 AM
RE: I promise I won't break it - by Derg - January 08, 2021, 03:54 PM
RE: I promise I won't break it - by Arlette - January 09, 2021, 07:44 AM
RE: I promise I won't break it - by Derg - January 09, 2021, 01:49 PM
RE: I promise I won't break it - by Arlette - January 09, 2021, 02:10 PM
RE: I promise I won't break it - by Derg - January 09, 2021, 03:29 PM
RE: I promise I won't break it - by Arlette - January 09, 2021, 04:29 PM
RE: I promise I won't break it - by Derg - January 09, 2021, 05:12 PM
RE: I promise I won't break it - by Arlette - January 11, 2021, 10:49 AM
RE: I promise I won't break it - by Derg - January 11, 2021, 01:48 PM