Redhawk Caldera (M) My kick real loud and my beat real slow.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The awkwardness was doomed to get worse as the day went on; maybe it was a symptom of something greater, something left behind by the intrusion of the other man. Or maybe it was something Reyes carried within himself, a malignancy, which spread the longer he stuck around other people.

Whatever. He was glad to be of help, even if it required him to get physical. Towhee was good people regardless of gender and Reyes did feel a marginal amount of pride in himself to be the one they went to for this.

Would you like to head back to the cave? Towhee asked, and Reyes blinked. The cave? Oh, right, the cave. That place where they'd been bunking together. That cave. He nods, swallowing a lump in his throat, telling his legs to get a move on. 

As he took a steadying breath Reyes became aware of a nagging sensation in his chest, like there was a bird trapped there, and realized it was his heart racing a mile a minute. They hadn't even gotten to the good part yet and he was already drowning in anxiety.

Soon the cave would come in to view and he'd have to keep himself calm enough to be of use to his captain; (it wouldn't be the first time) thinking through all the steps, imagining what it would be like to climb up there on Towhee's back (won't have to hold you down this time) — it wasn't a thought progression Reyes could really stop from happening. 

Outside of the cave he pause and turned to look at Towhee, as if to make sure she was still there with him.
Messages In This Thread
(M) My kick real loud and my beat real slow. - by Towhee - January 26, 2021, 01:48 PM
RE: My kick real loud and my beat real slow. - by Towhee - January 26, 2021, 03:16 PM
RE: My kick real loud and my beat real slow. - by Reyes (Ghost) - January 26, 2021, 03:27 PM
RE: My kick real loud and my beat real slow. - by Towhee - January 26, 2021, 03:37 PM