Nimbus Summit and that hell had carved its name on his bones.
11 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
All Welcome 
The low rises and ridges of the peak were wrapped in a cloak of downy plumes, like heavy clouds fallen to the earth. The white smoke crept slowly along the winter-hardened loam, curling about the umber warchief's ankles and concealing his broad, smooty paws from sight. 

His limp was almost invisible now, his recent injuries half-scabbed but still a bit fragile to the touch. Food was scarce on this godless summit, home only to crumbling shale and veils of fog. El hijo de las tormentas had had no intentions of stopping to rest here, not until he stumbled over an unseen stone and tugged the knitted tissue in just the perfect way to reopen a deeper gash on his shoulder. 

Cursing in the southron tongue, Matias stopped and cast a cursory glance at the wound. He choose to halt his travels just long enough to tend to the crimson trickling from the broken scab, creeping towards his forearm in ruby trails. How anticlimactic it would be of the Sergeant to up and die of a mere infection now. 

Craning his neck, distorting the tree limb scars of lightning along his throat, the Peacemaker dutifully lapped at the droplets to clean them from his mocha pelt. 
"Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
snagging this!

Nyra had been out this direction, deciding to patrol further out from the Saints' main claim. Through the Sweep, westward, up. 
And now, she watched a chocolaty male  as he wandered the summit, large, leviathan, exactly like her - size-wise, anyway. 
And then after a while, he paused, he rested. He smelled of fresh blood. 
Wounded? She didn't quite know yet.
The Overseer at this point tilted her head slightly, deciding, finally, to approach, announcing her presence with an audible chuff as she waved her high-flying tail, prowling closer with little hesitance, but enough to offer a nonverbal respect for not getting too close unless he was okay with it. 
The stark-white female then sat down, watching, with curiosity now more so than a predatory interest. 
"Hello." She offered after a moment, curling her tail towards her paws while keeping fiery amber eyes on the handsome male before her.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Had to change the whole post up as Nyra snuck in ahead of me *CoughAGAINCough* hahaha

The large brute was full to bursting from his impromptu and surprise meal, he was almost sick to his stomach with the amount of bear carcass meat he had eaten. However it was a sensation he enjoyed having as it meant he was a long way from hungry and he had eaten every scrap leaving nothing for crows or other scavengers.

Vein wore two skulls hanging at his sides tied together with vines and a C shaped stick sliding over his head and down his neck until it came to rest at his shoulders. They hung from him like saddle bags would from a horse or pack animal
One skull of a moose and one of a similarly large (to himself) wolf both skulls were lashed together with twisted dried vines, both skulls were almost over flowing with herbs, there were some wooden tools lashed to the antlers of the moose skull among other things, and these things together clicked and rattled as he moved along.

The painted/stained white male was following a female that had caught his eye and he had wanted to get to know her better, Following her would in dear him to her wouldn’t it? Probably not but he just couldn’t help himself.

However as he tracked her he became distracted as his path neared another. If he kept moving he could avoid the wolf but something about the shuffle in the steps drew him in. A healer at his very core, but his portable herb caches were going to be quickly and thoroughly depleted if he stopped to help every wolf he came across. Perhaps He should let this one die and then present it’s heart to the gods as a worthy offering. He huffed, Nope it was this wolves lucky day, He full and he was feeling generous.

Changing course to intercept the wolf, His rich timbre filling the air long before he come into contact with the male to announce his presence without causing alarm “I am Vein,

It was only as he drew closer that he noted his quarry was here as well, He nodded to her as he passed by, the tools hanging from the moose skull tinkling gently like a wind chime of sorts, He offered the beauty a genuine smile then turned full attention to the male “I am a healer and I can smell the infection settling in your flesh almost a mile off, If you would allow a stranger to help, I would do so,
Vein smiled again his eyes flicked to Nyra “If for no other reason then to impress this fine lady here” He returned his sun golden orbs back to the male and waited patiently
11 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
oOoOoO hello!

Hushed footsteps drew his wheat-gold orbs upwards, straightening to his full height as he watched the alabaster warwife approach -- wound forgotten momentarily. A quick flicker of his eyes drank her in, a hint of curiosity evident in their depths. She was an even match to the colossal Peacemaker's size, perhaps just a hair more muscular, but that did not make the ivory shieldmaiden unfeminine or unattractive. 

It was true that the outlaw had been raised amongst the rough-and-tumble brotherhood of the war orphans, with Kynareth's influence to shape him as they came into manhood no less, but that did not mean that he had no respect for the fairer sex. 

A gentlemanly grin found its way to Matias' lips, "Hola." His head dipped in greeting slightly. Before he could say anything else, a distant clanking and rattling reached his auds -- which swivelled alertly in the direction of the sound. 

The direwolf rose to his paws at the odd noise, keen silvers peering into the fog as lips parted and he drew in a breath to taste the air for scents. Then a man unlike any other he'd seen, adorned and decorated in an assortment of bones and sticks that clicked to accentuate the medicine man's every move. 

The Stormborne leveled the blood-smeared man with an appraising gaze, uncertain what to make of his eccentric appearance, and then looked down at the gash in question which still bled faintly. 

"I have no infection; the wounds are half-scar as is," he rumbled after a moment correctively, though not unkindly. "But, if you have any cobwebs perhaps, I could use a bandage to stop the bleeding." 

"Damn coyote wanted to fight over a winter hare," the Sergeant tutted with vague bemusement, not too worried. It was a bit irksome but he'd suffered worse - as the Lichtenburg scars twisted along his back revealed. 

"And thank you, Vein," he added with a nod, proffering his own name after a moment, "I am Matias Trujillos." 
"Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
phone post, blegh

It seemed she was followed. 
As the warchief said what she assumed was hello, Vein was coming up the summit as well, speaking of offering to help heal the leviathan. 
The shaman also seemed very interested in impressing Nyra, to which she smiled softly.

Introductions explained two ways, that left Nyra out.
Time to change that.
"Matias, I am Nyra. Overseer of the Saints of the Dying Light. I lead alongside the Grandmaster, Kynareth Deagon." 
She didn't know Matias was looking for her co-leader in the least. Had no reason to assume either, instead offering her name and title as an advertisement of sorts before she said her next piece later, if Matias proved interested.
Health (100/100)
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
*Face Palm* I was speed reading trying to get a post in fast, I really was hoping for something to add to getting Vein trade as a medic. I completely read that wrong sorry. I’m going to pretend Vein didn’t say anything abut infection he’s better then that... *Places hands behind back, walks away whistling while staring at the ceiling*

Vein noted the relaxed atmosphere and the willingness of the stranger now known as Matias Trujillos to be treated, but cobwebs? No they dissolved to fast and did not promote healing, However this wolf was likely just going on a basic knowledge and things that mayhaps had worked, however badly in the past.

No, Vein was much better then a patch gap, he stepped closer and sniffed the wound carefully there may had once been only a slight infection but Matias body had been working diligently, now it just needed help on this last step

Vein stepped back and shook his head “I’ll do you much better then cobwebs and karma” he chuckled at his own joke then lowered his front end until the skulls lay sedately on the ground before he carefully backed out from his vine strapping and gave himself a hearty shake glad to be free of his burdens once more.

The white brute then busied himself with only one ear cocked in the direction of the magnificent shield-maiden and his patient so that he’d not be left out of the conversation, he noted how easily her name rolled off her tongue for this stranger, he was not the jealous type but it was just an interesting blip to note.

He sorted through the moose skull and found some dried yarrow, this was far better fresh but he knew how to make due as well, along with the Yarrow he found his store of Plantain leaves, common enough plant that did not dry easily, in this case that was a good thing, he pulled a few broadly lance-shaped to egg-shaped leaves, that contained five to seven prominent parallel string like veins from the base,

He frowned, and cast about until he found a flat rock, then he smoothed his paw along the top cleaning it off. Should he had a proper den he’d not need to worry about the cleanliness of his surfaces, though he was often filthy himself, his tools were never left uncared for. It was upon this rock that vein placed the Yarrow then he cast about again for another rock. Finding the driest rock he could he brought it over to his impromptu work station and began dropping it over and over again onto the dried Yarrow leaves until he had made a powder. This required a lot, a lot, of pick up the rock; hold it high above the yarrow; open maw; drop rock.. repeat

He lifted his head and smiled at the pair hoping he wasn't interrupting much, as he retrieved the Plantain leaves and brought them over to the rock. Vein then took a leaf and crushed it under paw while rolling it until the natural juices of the leaf were flowing but it still kept it’s leaf shape, this was what he was going to use to hold the powder. The sticky leaf would hold the yarrow powder upon the wound long enough for the powder to stop the flow of blood, as yarrow was a natural hemostatic also the blessed yarrow was an analgesic it lessens pain, and as a powder it was antiseptic to prevent infections. There is a reason why the two legged soldiers and healers had relied on the power of yarrow for centuries.

Carefully Vein brought his poultice over setting it down at Matias' paws, he motioned to the male’s wound “May I Apply it? It will stop the bleeding in minutes I guarantee it, and the leaf will fall off in time by then you will have nothing to be concerned about by this wound, Though I might just add sap to the edges of the leaf to ensure it remains on just long enough
11 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Though his attention had been called to Vein -- likely a natural reaction of many who had met the shaman -- he had not forgotten the arctic she-wolf who sat nearby. His pale gaze moved to her as the medicine man ambled off to the side and removed his burdens. 

At the Phoenix's freely offered words, words he'd never thought to hear despite his fervent search for the man who had been his battle-brother, a grin spilled across his features like warm honey. He barked out a chuckle of shock. 

"You don't say. I happen to be looking for Kynareth," he revealed with a few slow wags of his dark tail. Then, so she would know he was not a threat to Kyn, he added: "We grew up together in the original Saints. I moved to an ally charter back home, the Seraphs, some time ago but when I returned to The Abbey to visit with the Deagons, I found the Saints were no more." 

The Sergeant dared to rise and take a few steps closer -- though he lowered his tail and auds as he drew near on confident steps, hoping to let her know he meant her no ill will. If it were really true, she was his ally; Matias had no reason to hurt her. He proffered his left shoulder (the uninjured one) for Nyra to inspect more closely. 

A faded tattoo was visible there, warped scar tissue hidden amongst the thick chocolate fur. Similar to the shape of an auroch's skull, a symbol of the Seraphs' sisters, though it differed somewhat -- a demon's skull carved into his flesh and dyed a deep crimson with desert ochres to mark him as a leader of the Seraphim. 

But the Calaveras were another world away and the Stormborne had no idea if Kynareth had ever mentioned anything about Matias or the charter he'd escaped to in their youth. He wasn't sure his killmark would mean anything to the warwife. He was just about to ask her if it might be possible for him to have a meeting with the Grandmaster when Vein reappeared at his side and asked to apply a green poultice to the warlord's wound. 

"Sure," he agreed readily, though he wanted to insist that the man save his medicines for a more dire situation. Matias' little scratch really didn't require too much attention, he'd only planned to lick it clean and continue on his merry way. But Vein seemed insistent that it was more serious than the Ujier believed, leading him to give into the pallid healer's fretful care. "Thank you again," there was a hint of amusement in the faint grin that lingered on his lips. 
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As Vein plopped down and puttered with his tools, Nyra turned her attention back to Matias. 
Ah, another wolf from Kyn's past pack. Her eyes narrowed at first, but as Matias clarified, she nodded once in confirmation that she understood this man saw her co-lead as a brother-in-arms, a comrade. 

As he rose up, Nyra bristled briefly out of impulse, but relaxed as the chocolate male showed her his left shoulder, a faded scarring of deep crimson in a demon skull. 

Shaking her head, Nyra looked to his face "I'm afraid the branding is unfamiliar to me. Kyn has told me little about his past pack, save for that Sasha betrayed him by bringing humans to slaughter the original Saints back in The Abbey." She revealed with a sigh, turning her eyes to watch Vein as he continued to work. 
But the white brute was then at Matias' side, asking to put his herbs on the wound, to which the giant agreed. 

Assuming Vein then began to put his paste on Matias' shoulder, Nyra chuckled softly and turned back to her new ally "Once Vein is done treating you, I find no trouble in bringing you along to see Kynareth, assuming you want to see him. I think he'd like to see his brother-in-arms again. Though I insist to be there for some of the reunion, at least." She smiled playfully at the last part of her words. She didn't doubt Kyn would tell Matias of the upcoming war, and she wanted to be there for any battle talk. 

Damn bloodlusty woman.
Health (100/100)
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein leaned in and looked at the wound, the current scab would only get in the way and not allow the powdered Yarrow to work as intended, Vein wondered if he should tell the male what his next intention was or go ahead and just do it. Well if he was going to do it he was going to do it right. “One moment” he drawled and he returned to the work surface and prepared a second and then a third leaf bringing each powder loaded leaf to Matias very carefully, he had used every bit of the yarrow he had pulled, waste not want not.

Don’t move…” He rumbled with authority but not dominance, His voice was a warning that he didn’t want to be kicked or nipped. He again got close to Matias and inspected the scab, then sniffed it experimentally, gently touching it with his incisor teeth and then abruptly tearing the scab completely free in only fell swoop.

His ears pinned to the back of his skull as if expecting a nip, but even if he did get the probably much deserved bite, he’d not respond or shift, accepting a blow as a necessary evil. Now he needed to move quickly before the blood flowed to rapidly and would be able to wash away the powder. In his haste Vein just swallowed the scab, took up the leaves and placed them quickly and carefully covering the surface of the wound in it’s entirety Pressing each for a brief moment with his nose pining it there with blood and the plantain leaves natural juices.
At first there would be a sting that would last about a minute then the stinging would ease into blessed numbness and the blood would stop it’s flow burned and numbed by the powdered Yarrow.

Wait," He intoned calmly "I’d like to use that sap to bind the leaves the wound was bigger then I thought” He walked away going to the nearest pine tree and broke a few branches licking up the sap and bringing a maw full back to the male where he’d deftly applied the sap to the other edges of the leaves to paste them to the man’s pelt

He stepped back to admire his work and nodded appreciably then spat the remaining sap out. “If the leaves do not come off by late tomorrow night you can take them off yourself, the yarrow and plantain leaves would have run their course the wound should not bleed again, it was not so deep

Vein turned his attention to the White Warrior Woman “The two legs are a vicious and cruel species, My story is much the same, Though it was My Father” He turned his head to stare at the wolf skull currently resting on the ground laden with herbs  “Who betrayed us, I was the soul survivor of those two legs year long campaign against ours.

Vein's gaze turned into a glare as he stared at the skull. Then his expression softened as he looked first to Nyra then to Matias “I will join you for the journey back to the pack, for I was just recently accepted into their ranks, but I will leave you there. I am not needed for your reunion and I do need to settle in more fully.
11 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Distracted as he was by Nyra, and his joy at discovering that Kynareth was still alive, the Sergeant unfortunately was paying little attention to Vein -- assuming that the man would just bandage the wound and let him be. It really wasn't so worrisome, mostly scarred over by now with a fissure splitting the layer of tissue where he'd torn it open. 

"Of course, jefa," Matias agreed readily, appreciative of the weight the title she held carried, with a respectful nod of his head. He turned then to Vein, lips parting to ask the man if he was ready to go -- seeing as he was at a loss of what the shaman was doing, the plants and tools he tinkered about with. 

He stilled at the medicine man's command, brow rumpling in confusion. He was just about to ask Vein what he was doing, when the imbecile ripped his fucking wound back open. 

The soldier was on his feet in an instant, chest heaving as an enraged snarl flew from his lips with thunderous volume -- like the storm that had birthed him. The only reason he did not attack was because this man had admitted to being one of Nyra's -- Kynareth's too -- which made him an ally. Besides, it would be best not to rip one of his hermano's healers limb from limb and risk ruining his chances of reuniting with Kyn. 

Still, even with only a basic understanding of medicine -- he knew that it made absolutely no sense for Vein to rip open a healing wound, to tear away perfectly healthy tissue and leave an even bigger injury than before. All for the sake of treating an infection that Matias didn't even have. Nor was he too happy about the man taking liberties with his bodyIt immediately dampened his opinion of the so-called healer and he let him know it with impunity, his patience worn thin with the man who had refused to listen to his patient. 

"You will not touch me," he growled lowly, shoving away the leaves and herbs the man intended to paste to his wound. "I will find a real healer to tend to the mess you have made of my wound myself." 

He pulled back from the man's personal space -- gold champagne eyes warning him to stay well away from Matias if he wanted his face to remain attached to his skull. Then, he gave the reopened wound a quick rasp to clean away the new volume of blood pooling in the damaged flesh before he returned his softened features to Nyra -- not upset with her in the slightest. 

"Please," he implored wearily, a rare thing for the proud man, "I have traveled far and wide searching for mi amigo. I just want to see Kynareth." 

'Get me away from this lunatic!' his silver eyes seemed to beg silently as he waited -- either for one of them to react aggressively in return or for the Phoenix to lead him to his long-lost friend. 

sorry about Matias but as ever, IC does not = OOC. <3 This would be a natural reaction for him and I'm a bit uncomfortable with all the pp going on. It's all good though!
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra gave a nod to Matias' words, a soft smile on her features. 
She watched Vein closely as he just...
fucking ripped Matias' wound open again?! 
The battlemaiden tensed slightly as her fellow titan got up with a snarl, but she didn't move to intercept as he snarled at the overweight brute. 
Her gaze moved to Vein with pointed disapproval at his actions, his lack of being able to listen to his patient. Then, her gaze went back to Matias, and she understood the plea in his eyes without a second thought. 
"We should be on our way then." Nyra agreed indirectly, padding forward some to begin taking the lead, "Vein, as for you - I recommend learning to listen to your patients." She rumbled, turning back to make sure Matias was good to go before prowling down the mountain. 

Little did the battlemaiden know, they'd run into Kynareth sooner than they may have thought!
Health (100/100)
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
I thoroughly apologize I just didn't want to drag out the treatment an completely overtake the thread, This is not something I'll do again. Again I'm sorry

Vein sighed as the male pulled away, He had not been bothered by the snarl and nor had he pulled away, He would have been in the full line of fire if the male had ripped a chunk of flesh from him and would have accepted the attack as par for the course and continued to apply the poultice he had made but that was not to be

if Matias had waited just a bit longer the bleeding would have been completely staunched and Vein would not have wasted precious herbs. The white healer scrambled to pick up his herbs as the male shoved at them, He was careful to grab them up without spilling any more then necessary and tucked them away in, if he was lucky he'd find more use for them.

Matias words struck Vein almost more then any physical blow would ever hurt the white brute, He clenched his teeth and swallowed a growl with extreme effort but he'd not be able to stop his hackles from rising. 

If it were not for Nyra's presence and chastisement he'd would have exacted payment for his herbs right then. He closed his eyes and forcibly calmed himself, his pelt returning to a calm state, he hated using more energy then was absolutely necessary. Without a word he grabbed up his portable caches in his maw, opting to hold them so he'd have an excuse to not talk as he moved alongside them keeping Nyra between him and Matias. He was calm and collected, tail down and subservient as he needed to appear to keep the peace.
11 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
The eccentric medicine man offered no protest nor had anything to say for himself apparently. Matias dropped the issue when Nyra spoke, moving with a similar outward appearance of forced calm as anger continued to brew and simmer beneath his flesh -- which felt tight and constricting at that moment. There was no need to push the matter further and it wasn't worth resorting to blows over the small confrontation. 

He fell into line, ever the well-trained soldier, and padded alongside Nyra wordlessly -- his focus soon absorbed by the thrilling and unbelievable prospect of seeing the man he loved again, alive and well. 

I think that's all from me, folks! I'll leave this open if you guys had anything else to reply with and close it out in a few days unless you guys are done and want to go ahead and archive.