Broken Antler Fen I wrote you a letter
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,523 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Oh.  Maia grew a little flustered, the slowly more horrified.  Oh.. She'd thought that maybe, but then she'd assumed not, but... apparently...  You..... did you.... do you??  She asked, a little stammeringly, completely thrown off by Wraen's totally casual admission.  Had she stolen Wraen's crush!? Was her sister secretly upset, and had she ruined her own sister's happy ending too by going after hers?! Oh she was feeling a little nauseous.

Wraen had moved on quickly, but Maia was too hung up on that first part and the way her mind began to spiral on it to listen closely.  There was some good advice and attempts to put her worries to rest, but none of it worked.

She didn't want to be a mom to him, and she didn't think that was what he needed. The few conversations she'd had with him, she'd been completely honest.  Some had gone well, some hadn't, but this was how she was.  She couldn't change.  She didn't want him to change either... but she didn't think he'd need to.  And she wondered, not for the first time, if maybe others didn't see in him the glimpses that she did.

Both packs... that wouldn't work.  Would it?  She doubted that Towhee and Phox would much like that, and leading while she lived in the caldera? No way.  She'd have to step down, to move away, and at that point... she might as well just move there.  There was no difference.

She felt hopelessness settle in her chest, but mostly she was still shell-shocked by the admission that her sister had seen Eljay as mate-material.  Had she ever said that about anyone before? Even Arcturus?.  Omg.  She really did ruin everything.
Messages In This Thread
I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 03, 2021, 02:02 PM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Wraen - March 04, 2021, 04:22 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 04, 2021, 10:07 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Wraen - March 05, 2021, 04:16 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 05, 2021, 10:31 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Wraen - March 06, 2021, 03:11 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 07, 2021, 02:04 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Wraen - March 07, 2021, 09:49 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 07, 2021, 02:45 PM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Wraen - March 08, 2021, 12:21 PM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 10:07 AM