Hideaway Strath looks like I strayed to the arms that were open
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Private 
@Kynareth Deagon @Nyra (also @Vein they haven't discussed any of this IC yet so that's why Aerin hasn't brought him with her but feel free to cameo him eavesdropping or have him drop in unexpectedly)

The dove waited -- until a time arose when she came across a fresh scent trail of the Grandmaster's and news of  Nyra's pregnancy had already reached her wispy ears -- to approach the leadership tier for she was reluctant to disturb either of them as they attended to their families (or the creation of such). She had not forgotten, nor had she ever lost, the inner yearnings of her heart that she had discussed with Kynareth the night they met on the Lake. They were different wolves now and the man she once knew as Donovan had found that which he doubted in his union with Simmik -- that which the girl named Awenfen had wanted. Aerin had misplaced those longings, such things as love and family set aside in her quest for closure and healing. Yet, somehow, she had found the chance at all that she had once thought impossible. 

She had found a home and a clan worthy of belonging to in the Saints, a purpose in her training as a combat medic, and now she had Vein to mentor her in the ways of his gods and teach her about healing. They had found more than that in each other, though they hadn't said as much yet. Still, the midwife wasn't one to leave things up to chance -- especially matters as important as these. It was only a matter of time until she went into heat herself and though she had originally intended to hide herself away and ride out the discomforting symptoms, now the healer had begun to think perhaps a discussion with her leaders was pertinent. If things continued the way they had been going with Vein, perhaps he would keep her company and they might start a family together this season. 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra was close, and thus smelling Aerin, the battlemaiden  had an inkling that the Seelie had something she wanted to talk about. 
Actively seeking the Saluki, Nyra chuffed in greeting upon finding her, tilting her head some with a question.

"Everything ok?"
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
gonna go ahead and move this along since Vein has almost reached 120 posts (whoop!). Malia has given OOC permission so even if you're busy, Malia, and don't get an opportunity to hop in, hopefully IC permission from Nyra would be fine? If not, then feel free to join in with Ky at any time. :)

The selkie's mercury gaze lit up as Nyra materialized before her, a ghostly wraith of glacial proportions -- a winter woman of her own right if not for the pools of sunshine that shone in her handsome face. "Nyra!" she chirped eagerly, tail swaying as she padded up to the woman and bopped her strawberry nose against the taller Phoenix's chin in submission. Afterwards, the ivory doe settled on her haunches, quick to reassure the shieldmaiden with a hasty: "Oh yes, I vas just 'oping to speak vith ye or maybe Donav -- Kynareth -- or both."

"Firstly, though, let me say congrats on ze news! I 'ave 'eard yer little ones vill be amongst those we are velcoming to ze Saints this spring," Aerin smiled, the swish of her bottlebrush plume increasing its tempo just so with the joy of such an occasion. Truly, the midwife was beyond happy to see that their pack would be growing with multiple litters -- a sign of how prosperous the Sainthood had become. "I vould be more than 'appy to 'elp in any vay that I can if'n ye need anything -- whether it is advice or a midvife to examine ye, or 'elp vith the delivery. I also vork as a nurse if'n ye vill be vanting any 'elp caring fer ze babes afterwards," she offered genuinely, knowing it could be harder on mothers who did not have a mate or family to help them. It was the duty of the pack to assist in providing for the mother and younglings; Aerin didn't mind helping if needed. Besides, who could say no to the opportunity of watching sweet puppies? 

"But today I vas actually 'oping to speak vith ye about...vell, about ze possibility of starting my own family," the botanist demurred, tones and auds dipping shyly as she said it. "I 'ave been courted by one of ze males 'ere: Vein. An' I think vhen my 'eat comes," she faltered slightly, the blossom of rosepetal pink flushing her cheeks beneath pale fur, "'e might vant to lie together an' try to bring our own children into ze vorld." 

"But we vould only do so vith the permission of our superiors, of course," Aerin promised. "I vould not vant to go against ye and Kynareth but I must admit...I do long very much to be a mother again." 
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra listened intently as Aerin revealed she knew the Overseer's own news of pregnancy.

With a grateful nod, she agreed nonverbally to let the Midwife do any physician work she saw fit.

But that was not the only reason Aerin saught leadership this day.

The explanation came, she was wanting her own family. 

Ah, that could explain much if Vein's recent protectiveness over the Seelie...
With a warm smile, Nyra spoke her quickly given permission.
"Who am I to deny you a family?" 
Health (100/100)
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
A radiant, elated grin flashed across the midwife's wan features -- her heart leaping in the best way though she could scarcely believe her ears when Nyra gave her permission unhesitatingly. So excited was she that the frosted hart rose to her feet and wriggled over to Nyra, barely managing to withhold her excited, canine whines as she pressed close to the battle maid in a friendly embrace. "Thank you, Nyra, truly," she chirped joyfully as she drew back, still grinning from ear to ear. She half feared her cheeks might cramp up soon from smiling so hard. 

She could mate with Vein without fear of the consequences, lay with him when her heat came if he was agreeable -- though the Saluki doubted this would be an issue. He seemed as smitten with Aerin as the dove was with him. Her heart pounded at the thought -- hardly able to imagine herself as being somebody's wife again, Vein's wife.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
To the Seelie's happiness, Nyra smiled, welcoming the embrace with her own ad a wag of her tail as Aerin gave her thanks. 
"It's never a problem! Best of luck with your pregnancy." The Overseer grinned encouragingly, nosing her packmate gently with platonic affection.
Health (100/100)
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
"Thank ye, an' ye too," the halfling lilted cheerfully as she drew back from the other pale wolfess' space, tail still wagging a mile a minute. "I'm sorry, please excuse me, I just really vant to go tell Vein ze good news," she murmured excitedly, the lower half of her gamine build beginning to wiggle with excitement. She bopped her pink nose to Nyra's shoulder once more in a friendly gesture before hurrying away into the woods once the Battle Phoenix had said goodbye. 

wanna go ahead and get this wrapped up before I post their conception thread, just for continuity's sake. sorry if this seems a bit abrupt!