Duskfire Glacier when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Makes sense! I wrote in a quick sidebar for us to play out while we're waiting for the other thread to progress. Maybe Rye can show off some of his caregivery-ness. xD

Lane shrugged. No, he hadn't said anything directly about her pregnancy, but he had alluded to her condition as being the primary reason he was refusing her help. Granted, he was probably concussed when he said that. Brain injuries had a way of jumbling a personality-- in Rye's mind, he was probably being chivalrous and noble, while in reality he had just made everything twice as difficult. 

Lane began chewing the oak leaf, trying to work it into a pulp. Thankfully, she had collected the leaves the morning before the accident, so they hadn't had time to get too dry. 

How much of an idiot was he? 

"Um.. like half. Half an idiot, I'd say," Lane conceded, pushing the leafy pulp into her cheek so she could talk. "..The other half was actually making sense. You were mad that Tzila and I climbed down the ravine to help you, which makes sense. It was dangerous, and we are pregnant. But then your solution to that was running away and resisting help from us.. that was the idiot." 

Lane couldn't help it, she laughed. Rye's behavior had been distressing in the moment, certainly, but describing it now that everything was okay and he was safe, it just sounded hilarious. As she laughed, she inhaled a piece of leaf, which got stuck in her windpipe and caused the laugh to become a cough. Her airway cleared immediately after a cough or two, but the coughing triggered a series of other biological reactions. 

Her eyes and mouth began to water, and suddenly the taste of the leaf paste was intolerable. Lane spat the leaves out into to dirt, but the damage was done. She felt the saliva pooling in her mouth, and she knew she was going to vom. 

"Oh fuck," she murmured. She made it a few steps away from Rye before she lost her breakfast.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice - by Lane - May 27, 2021, 08:16 AM