Blacktail Deer Plateau i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
He had been scouting for any signs of Niamh. Any signs at all. Maybe she had come this way, even though she had no reason to. Maybe something here had drawn her in. Maybe, maybe, maybe. He still had hope, even these months later, that she would return. He could be forgiven, and she would come with their children in tow, just old enough to wobble around on their little stubby legs. Oh, how he wished to see them, to see her, to—

Maegi called. Phox lifted his head to call back when—Meerkat? he wondered aloud, bewildered at hearing her voice here. He had come to accept that he may very well never see her, Figment, Fennec, or Towhee again. Let alone the children that Towhee was still carrying when he left her at the caldera.

Phox moved toward Meerkat, but stopped a few strides in and turned toward Maegi's call instead. Hers had been a call of urgency. Once again, Phox felt pulled in two directions, wishing he could split himself into multiple parts and help everyone who needed it.

To Meerkat, he called out: Meerkat, come!

He found Maegi, Mou, and two of the puppies huddled together. No sign of the other two puppies. Phox's heart sank. They may not be his own, but he had gone through that sorrow enough times to know what it felt like.

Phox gave Maegi a quick glance, then averted his gaze and spoke. Meerkat, my daughter, she is the one who echoed my name. The other two? The children?
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Messages In This Thread
RE: i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner - by Phox - June 23, 2021, 05:14 PM